Most famous Photograph Ever?

Sonriendo said:
Fortunately I have NEVER been in this position. But, hand on heart if I was - I so ****in would

How many would you take home? They were one of thousands.

By taking that photo it probably raised thousands if not millions of pounds by making people aware.

He indirectly saved thousands

Sent from my HTC Desire using TP Forums

By taking that photo it probably raised thousands if not millions of pounds by making people aware.

He indirectly saved thousands

Sent from my HTC Desire using TP Forums

Thanks Dale, you crystallised exactly what I couldn't put into words.

This must rank up there surely

Streaker1.jpg

Last edited:
Say 1966 to most people and you'll get the world cup final. Mention Aberfan and you'll get a blank look.

That's awful. I know a woman who lost friends in the disaster.

690951main_hs-2009-31-a-xlarge_web.jpg

The Hubble Deep Field is an image of a small region in the constellation Ursa Major, constructed from a series of observations by the Hubble Space Telescope. It covers an area about one 24-millionth of the whole sky, which is equivalent in angular size to a tennis ball at a distance of 100 metres.

Almost all of the 3,000 objects in the image are galaxies, some of which are among the youngest and most distant known.

Last edited:
Ah.. I hadn't realised this thread had been woken in time for Halloween :facepalm:

Its aliveeeee, its allllliiiiveeee.

/cackles maniacally..

I'd not seen this thread before, a lot of it makes for hard viewing. Need to remember it for next time the art/craft and photography is a technical exercise only brigade appear.

690951main_hs-2009-31-a-xlarge_web.jpg

The Hubble Deep Field is an image of a small region in the constellation Ursa Major, constructed from a series of observations by the Hubble Space Telescope. It covers an area about one 24-millionth of the whole sky, which is equivalent in angular size to a tennis ball at a distance of 100 metres.

Almost all of the 3,000 objects in the image are galaxies, some of which are among the youngest and most distant known.

For those that like astronomy it's an iconic and fascinating image, but I don't think it's famous.

World Cup 1970............

Attachments

• Pele-Bobby-Moore-e1423388021931.jpg
    Pele-Bobby-Moore-e1423388021931.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 19
Pirelli calendar with the tennis girl holding her cheek!!

Back