Most overrated band?

Whole lotta Rosey was decent too, otherwise I'm in the AC/DC over rated camp too.

Come on, sort it out that's Whole Lotta Rosie :)

My favourite is Let There Be Rock, I'm in the not overrated camp.
For a solid hard rock band they are up there with Thin Lizzy in my book.

Not sure that Angus Young is enough to make the current line up the "real" AC/DC; a bit "Trigger's broom" IMO.

Not sure that Angus Young is enough to make the current line up the "real" AC/DC; a bit "Trigger's broom" IMO.
Brian is a worthy replacement for Bon

Come on, sort it out that's Whole Lotta Rosie :)

My favourite is Let There Be Rock, I'm in the not overrated camp.
For a solid hard rock band they are up there with Thin Lizzy in my book.

You'd think I was intentionally doing it at this point :D nope, just brain dead :ROFLMAO:

Just about every single modern manufactured boy and girl band of recent years...

But if we are talking 60's the I agree with @gjhill the Beatles were grossly over rated.
Absolutely agree with you there while people have different musical taste I can’t stand manufactured rubbish like take that and that sort of thing
There’s some really good bands out there struggling and manufactured rubbish gets all the breaks

Absolutely agree with you there while people have different musical taste I can’t stand manufactured rubbish like take that and that sort of thing
There’s some really good bands out there struggling and manufactured rubbish gets all the breaks
I wouldn't say all manufactured bands were rubbish. The Monkees were good. I would rate them far, far better than The Beatles.

I would rate them far, far better than The Beatles.
Phil Spector has a lot to answer for, but his prison sentence wasn't for his music :D

Phil Spector has a lot to answer for, but his prison sentence wasn't for his music :D

:banghead:<---- If this was thinner, would it be a wall of sound?

:coat: (Got my own! :p )

Seems after reading this thread all my CD's are crap :eek:

But I do like to watch the film Battleship as when they are going on exercise we get a good blast of ............ Hard as a Rock :LOL:

I wouldn't say all manufactured bands were rubbish. The Monkees were good. I would rate them far, far better than The Beatles.
Yes agree they were an exception I did mean the recent manufactured bands though

The Monkeys were brill, but better than the Beatles ...... nah.

:banghead:<---- If this was thinner, would it be a wall of sound?
Nah! Its just another brick in th...
Oh never mind :D

Burn the heretic!
:p

The Beatles certainly aren't doing very well in this straw poll are they?
Thats because this thread is dominated by philistines ;)

Last edited:
Strange, at one time you risked being burned at the stake for not liking the Beatles.
Never keen on them, but if I mentioned it always got told they were the best thing ever.

Why has everyone changed so much?
Maybe damaged by just mere association with Mull of Kintyre

You spelled children wrong :LOL:

FTFY ;)

A problem with this thread is some participants keep mistaking their personal preferences for significance. TBH I was never really a Beatles fan, but it's hard to suggest they were over-rated from the enormous influence they had on both music and society.

As for MOK I blame Denny Lane. ;)

Last edited:
FTFY ;)

A problem with this thread is some participants keep mistaking their personal preferences for significance. TBH I was never really a Beatles fan, but it's hard to suggest they were over-rated from the enormous influence they had on both music and society.

Happens in a lot of threads

:LOL:

A problem with this thread is some participants keep mistaking their personal preferences for significance.
True enough (y)

but it's hard to suggest they were over-rated from the enormous influence they had on both music and society.
There is no doubt about that either.
But certainly in the early years they were no more than a boy band of today, until they matured that is ;)
And then it all went tits up ( again) when Yoko got involved.

:LOL:

But certainly in the early years they were no more than a boy band of today

Really? Can you imagine a modern boy band surviving one set in a sleazy Reeperbahn nightclub? Then writing and playing their own genre changing songs?

Last edited:
Has anyone said Ed Sheeran?
He's an overated ***t.
My list is far too long to post.
But some examples
Most 80s rock as already mentioned.
Adele
Amy Winehouse
Anything chart crap played by the likes of Radio one.
Kanye West

FTFY ;)

Tbh honest, this thread is a perfect example of a thread where everyone's opinion is valid.
Music is the most subjective subject there is, imo.
There's really no right, no wrong.
The Beatles, for instance....success based on the wet crotches of prepubescent girls who weren't really interested in the music at all.

Back