Most popular on flickr?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Most viewed, most interesting, most commented and most favourited:

Wow, I'm amazed by some of the shots here, superb!

Heres my most "popular"
2810774470_340ebb60d6.jpg

And my most viewed:
2985612915_39e3c03045.jpg

This is mine. I have absolutely no idea why, it was a complete mess around when I started making DIY softboxes.

2958343774_8963c30e1c.jpg

I'd guess because its a great photo! I love the lighting and the expression - superb! (y)

This is my most popular with most views but not my most fav'ed.

1072048980_b3f2a75be8_o.jpg

:p

Seems people on yahoo love searching for beach balls...

And the cheek of it! It's on the first page of google images, but it's hosted on another site...:cautious:

Most interesting

3062214168_a35edc8a23_o.jpg

That's better, and it's only been up for just over a month.:)

I've never wanted a public photo gallery as I either shoot for myself or for clients and neither really need sharing.

Having read through this thread though, I have to say I'm shocked at the lack of any discerning taste shown by the common Flickr user. For most of you who post here regularly, I know that the shots chosen are nearly all way off your top drawer stuff.

My most viewed image on Flickr is not actually one of mine!!! It's a scan of an image taken from a glass photographic plate which was originally exposed in the early 1900's and which I posted as part of "old Liverpool". I have now given all 62 of the plates to the Liverpool museum.

This is the most viewed of "my" images.........

2793617254_6c2bbe827a.jpg

I've only just added all my pictures to Flickr again but if you wanted to go and have a look, I can tell you which is most popular by the end of the week ;)

My Flickr

2301980893_e40ec728f0_b.jpg
oh wow! WHO are that pair? :eek: :D

Sorry for delayed response, I didn't realise that I had old email registered and wasn't getting the instant email notification of posts.

These are the 'famous' San Francisco Twins. I'd never heard of them but almost literally bumped into them one evening in SF a couple of years ago. They happily posed for a pic. As I was taking it a visiting family from (I think) Saudi Arabia begged me to take a picture of them with the twins - they'd heard of them!

PB

Sorry for delayed response, I didn't realise that I had old email registered and wasn't getting the instant email notification of posts.

These are the 'famous' San Francisco Twins. I'd never heard of them but almost literally bumped into them one evening in SF a couple of years ago. They happily posed for a pic. As I was taking it a visiting family from (I think) Saudi Arabia begged me to take a picture of them with the twins - they'd heard of them!

PB

Crikey, never heard of them but they look like a very fiesty pair!

I apparently have a new most viewd on flickr, no idea why, but for a few days, this shot from autosport was VERY popular, especially on google searches :shrug: it now out views my previous by quite some margin :wacky:

3181085854_b79008cef6_o.jpg

Funny, my Twins pic has been overtaken too, by quite a mundane shot of a frozen lake.... must did it out and post it here.

Its been ages since I last visited. I found this thread somehow and wow, what a great thread it is.

This is mine. What they callthe one with most Interestingness.

3447632044_983e8cc64c_o.jpg

comments wise this is my most popular

3206814127_6d878155fd.jpg

Mart

According to Flickr, these are mine:

Most Interesting

Most Views

Most Favourites and Most Comments

An interesting selection and I wouldn't say they were my best or favourites either. But that's the internet I s'pose :shrug:

I've never wanted a public photo gallery as I either shoot for myself or for clients and neither really need sharing.

Having read through this thread though, I have to say I'm shocked at the lack of any discerning taste shown by the common Flickr user. For most of you who post here regularly, I know that the shots chosen are nearly all way off your top drawer stuff.

The reason is probably because a lot of hits are from the tags.

I had a couple of holiday snaps from nudist beaches on Gran Canaria and despite only giving the set's link to a few friends and not posting them to any groups, they were up to over 200 hits in 24 hours. 618 views so far. The two adjacent shots in the set have 11 and 14 views.

My top viewed is a not particularly good shot of a boring cruise ship.

Most Viewed... rubbish shot, hideously over exposed - I spot metered the black dress rather than anywhere more sensible.

Most commented... A shot I actually quite like, taken with the 75-300 at the long end.

I hadn't seen this thread before, and there are some great images. :)

I've only got a few images on Flickr, as it's a site I haven't got involved in yet.

Anyway, here's my most viewed image. Viewed a stunning 16 times. :eek: :LOL:
2594494470_d76806f665_o.jpg

This is a HDR from 3 differently processed jpegs from one RAW image. I like the effect on the clouds. :)

Thanks for the comments on my pic. I cant take the credit for the idea, its a homage to the great photographer Erwin Blumenfeld and the cover of his biography eye to I.

Mart.

Back