Motocross Canada Heights (Sunday 5th)

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks, Had an afternoon at 'Canada Heights' Motocross track over the weekend....plenty of action around and some stylish riders around in the expert class.
Shooting can be tricky with some very distracting backgrounds around the course.......but a few 'keepers' to post.........Cheers Bazza

mx1.jpg

SidecarMX1.jpg

MX8.jpg

MX2.jpg

MX5.jpg

MX7.jpg

MX9.jpg

SidecarMX2.jpg

MX3.jpg

Cheers Barry

Some nice shots there, but #3 does look a little soft to me. #7 is the pick for me, loads of action going on there.

Thanks Steve..........Yes thats the first time I have ventured up to that Corner.....were #4 #5 & #9 were taken a couple of the 'Experts' were running into that corner on the wide line and turning the bikes off the fence.......which does make for a good action shot.......the majority of riders were staying on the inside but the fast boys were out on the fence......sidecar Motocross is always a bit of a specticle!.......Rough and tough those Guy's........Cheers Barry

Thanks Richard....yes I was trying a few slow shutter speed shots there and to be honest i really went 'too slow' at 100th sec to get consistantly sharp shots but i like to show some kind of motion in the shot........it a very small 'window' to grab the shot there aswell so its got to be spot on at that location.....good fun though..........Cheers Barry

Last edited:
Not bad at all!

I am gutted this clashed with BTCC - thats the second year in a row I've missed this one :(

The corner with the pitlane exit (like in your last shot) is a really nice corner at CH, well assuming the light is right anyway.

Shame you didn't post up any jump shots of the sidecars.... always impressive to see a sidecar outfit flying through the air :D

Very nice set last one being my pick of the bunch.(y)

Thanks Folks......there are alot of distracting backgrounds at Canada Heights but its a terrific course with some good Jumps and some big Hills........The solos do get some big air on some of the jumps but Iv'e always struggled to get a good perspective on how high they go.........But yes that corner after the pits is a good corner and the sun is in a good position all afternoon........anyway here's a couple of sidecar getting Airbourne just for you desantnik........Cheers Barry.....there's another round of this Motocross Championship at Canada Heights on the 24th May

IMG_9863.jpg

IMG_9874copy.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! Nutters!

Love it :D

Good shots, very nice. Do you shoot from the spectators stands or are you an official allowed on the course? I am thinking of going along in a few weeks time and wondered what the best thing to do is!
ekssc-summer-cships-round-4.php

At CH you are not more than a couple of meters away from the track behind a 4ft fence as a spectator.

There are only a few places you can't go... but plenty of chance for good photography.

If you've never done MX you won't believe how much access you get!

Yes you can get right next to the Action SEPkent..........just a chest high fence around the circuit so there plenty of places to take pictures of the action and you don't need a hugely long lens.........here a couple more showing a few with the crowd in so you can get an Idea of how close you can get......watch the dirt and stones flying around especially on the first couple of laps........Cheers Barry

IMG_9630copy.jpg

IMG_9596copy.jpg

1 4 5 and last are the best imo. Really good shots. Number 2 is good too but it looses something with the movement and blur around the foot and rear plastic number board.

Having stylish riders also helps!!

Tim

Really good set, but my favourite has to be the jump side-by-side!

Back