MotoGP from Silverstone (in the cheap seats again)

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hey all,

So it was back to using the steel mesh filter for me, definitely been spoilt this year - It's been a couple of years away from the 2 wheeled stuff, and I still know nothing :)

Here's a few from me - C&C most welcome...

1. People kept waving and shouting at this guy?
Valentino Rossi - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. I think this guy must be a bad person as everyone was very happy when he fell off?
Marc Márquez - Repsol Honda Team by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. A red and white one that wasn't quite as fast as the other red and white one
Jorge Lorenzo - Ducati Team by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. Some guy called Redding according to the sticker
Scott Redding - OCTO Pramac Racing by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. I remember this guy, he usually falls off... He didn't this time
Cal Crutchlow - LCR Honda by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. He calls himself Jackass...? I'm sure he's ok really
Jack Miller - EG 0,0 Marc VDS by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. A blue and green one that isnt as popular as the other blue and green one
Maverick Viñales - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. A red and white one that was faster than all the other red and white ones?
Andrea Dovizioso - Ducati Team by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Loving the vibrance, no.8 is almost surreal.

Lovely stuff Jonny with some top panning, metal filter doesn't seem to have held you back at all.

You want CC, no way, you don't need any advice from me that's for sure! Great set, love the processing and the images are superb!

Love the pic of Scotty dude....

Currently have 1200 plus shots to process but discovered HDD full on import ! Grrrr.....

Wtached MM93 highside in front us, was a huge one, he was vv lucky to walk away.

Gorgeous shots, number 2 for me, but glad 04 won on the day :D

Loving the vibrance, no.8 is almost surreal.

Thanks mate, gotta push them through photoshop to correct for the fence - hope I didnt go too far

Lovely stuff Jonny with some top panning, metal filter doesn't seem to have held you back at all.

Thanks as always Neil... haha you'd hope I'd be capable after all the years of practice with fence shooting :) Would have been easier if there were a few more clouds mind.

Superb set- great technique & skill, from them and from you:clap:

Thanks man :)

You want CC, no way, you don't need any advice from me that's for sure! Great set, love the processing and the images are superb!

Hahaha Thanks mate, I'm still very much a beginner when it comes to the 2 wheeled stuff.. I'm sure some the seasoned bike pros will be able to crit some of my choices :D

Love the pic of Scotty dude....

Currently have 1200 plus shots to process but discovered HDD full on import ! Grrrr.....

Wtached MM93 highside in front us, was a huge one, he was vv lucky to walk away.

Haha it can be a bit of a chore cant it, still, the more you take the better chance you have of getting a great shot :D

Gorgeous shots, number 2 for me, but glad 04 won on the day :D

It was a great race and glad to see the underdog take the glory :)

Thanks mate, gotta push them through photoshop to correct for the fence - hope I didnt go too far
Out of interest, can you share pre edit? Thanks

Out of interest, can you share pre edit? Thanks

I posted one up from the last time I did MotoGP - this was pretty much what it's like (although probably a bit worse this time out because of the bright ligjht on the fence)

Compare by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

The fence master cracking shots as always 4+8 clear winners for me amazed you get through the fence with the sun on it I always use the matt black areas at Brands.

Haha thanks as always Gaza, it can be a bit of a struggle, more so because when combined with the TC the glare plays havoc with focus accuracy - so long as the subject is a fair way back from the mesh it's quite doable - Brands on the outside of druids is a great example, may as well not be a fence from a photography point of view anyway

The images are all bloody superb as we've all come to expect, it's the narrative that I really enjoy

Another very impressive set. Out of interest how far where you from the fencing?

truly inspiring set, Im well jell as the youth would say.......

I really like #11.....

Another very impressive set. Out of interest how far where you from the fencing?

Thanks mate... right up against the hand rail, monopod the other side - end of the lens about 40-50cm from the mesh probably

number 12 is cracking! i just messaged you on flikr about it

Thanks mate.

truly inspiring set, Im well jell as the youth would say.......

I really like #11.....
Cheers man :)

Cracking set and I like them all, Silverstone isn't the best place to get decent shots but you have aced it :)

Hahaha thanks, it's my local so hopefully, I've been able to build up a bit of a rapport with the place

Don't get in much test days but this is a lovely set Johnny. Half the wheels but twice the action.....:exit:

Haha I dunno about that Graham... I have missed seeing your motorsport shots about the place, that said you're killing it with the landscapes

Back