motorbikes old/new...open thread??

Me and my shadow...

Panasonic GX7 8GB 09 P1140216.JPG

Follow my leader...

Panasonic G9 8GB 08 P1012977.JPG

(y)

I sort of guessed that, my comment was tongue in cheek humour poking a bit of fun at the electric vehicle "enthusiasts" we have on tp.

Hi, I answered literally, to be on the safe side, because eco-discussions can get very emotional and unravel any thread. Personally, I find electric bikes or trikes even more
"for enthusiasts only" than cars ... --- But Switzerland is an extremely rich, small country. - ( I stop here, trying to be pc (or ec)) ... ---

DSC04387-a7r2-3-tp.jpg

TBH, I'd be tempted by an electric motorbike but would want 150 mile range for it to be really practicable (for me). My current main rider only has about 100 miles in a tankful but can be topped up rather more easily than an electric! Once the charging infrastructure is improved though, I can see the rise of interest in electric bikes - possibly with a faster take up than electric cars have at the moment.

Like the P1800 in the background!

TBH, I'd be tempted by an electric motorbike but would want 150 mile range for it to be really practicable (for me). My current main rider only has about 100 miles in a tankful but can be topped up rather more easily than an electric! Once the charging infrastructure is improved though, I can see the rise of interest in electric bikes - possibly with a faster take up than electric cars have at the moment.

Like the P1800 in the background!

Hi, as you say, electric bikes might be practical sooner than cars.

(With electric cars, I need a range of 700 km with full functionality (70 mph average speed, heating a/c, heated/ventilated seats, stereo sound, communication, fully supported).

Until this is reached in real life - not just in the brochures - I stay with fuel cars ... --- )

Hi, riding down memory lane, testing a WW2 Harley in Holland in 1968 (printscan 2005) :

tp-Unbenannt-Scannen-18.jpg

tp-Unbenannt-Scannen-02.jpg

tp-Unbenannt-Scannen-04.jpg

Close friends?

P1320139 3 motorbykes parked.JPG

Back