motorbikes old/new...open thread??

There is the advantage of being "in the wind" (legally!) without a helmet.

Best (looking...) trike I've ever seen was a 512BB rear end with a set of forks grafted onto it. Can't remember which magazine it was in but it must have been very late '70s/early '80s.

There is the advantage of being "in the wind" (legally!) without a helmet.

Best (looking...) trike I've ever seen was a 512BB rear end with a set of forks grafted onto it. Can't remember which magazine it was in but it must have been very late '70s/early '80s.

I think for many the big advantage is not needing an MC licence.

Gotta love a proper 750/4!

Damn I miss this girl. 2008 Honda Shadow 125. Silvertail dual pipes, I removed the rear seat too. I loved riding this VTwin lady. She wasn't the fastest on the road, but I enjoyed every second I got to ride, Miss Piggy. Alas hand cramping issues took riding motorcycles away from me.

Sorry for the quality - I only had my Sony Xperia phone camera at the time.
(2.78mm 1/256s f/2.4 Centre Weighted Average metering)

DSC_0002_5.JPG

I went from a Norton Commando to one of these back in the good old 70's, wow what a differance.....smooth, fast, reliable and no oil leaks. It didn't handle as good, but my weekends were spent riding instead of getting the spanners out and repairing:)

Allegedly, the old Commandos are quite reliable compared to the newer ones.

Makes me wonder when there might be some 961 non-runners around cheap - could be tempted to drop a Bonnie motor into one to create a 21st Century Triton.

I wonder if he's ever has a Vespa up his shorts... Just one reason not to wear them on a bike!

Back