motorbikes old/new...open thread??

Hi, yesterday was Father's Day in Germany. Lots of bikes on the road ... :

D80_4408-n70c.jpg

The only day Dads are allowed out to play? :p

I'm not a Dad so I'm allowed out to play whenever I want.

About 40 years ago, Mum told me that if I bought a bike, I'd have to move out. Guess who left home soon after!!!

"Flying breeze block"!

Definite Basil Brush! (To explain, Immo - Basil Brush was/is an English glove puppet of a fox and his catchphrase was/is "Boom-boom".)

Definite Basil Brush! (To explain, Immo - Basil Brush was/is an English glove puppet of a fox and his catchphrase was/is "Boom-boom".)

Hi, I have no personal experience with trikes. - But they have their followers, and they must have their reasons ... ---

L1005633_DxO-L901-28.jpg

Hi, I have no personal experience with trikes. - But they have their followers, and they must have their reasons ... ---

View attachment 320196

I have known a couple of people with trikes. One is an amputee so has problems riding a bike (well, he can ride fine but stopping can be difficult...) and the other just likes trikes! Both have bike based trikes rather than VW (or did, last time I saw them!)

I have known a couple of people with trikes. One is an amputee so has problems riding a bike (well, he can ride fine but stopping can be difficult...) and the other just likes trikes! Both have bike based trikes rather than VW (or did, last time I saw them!)

Hi, I can understand this, a trike giving a kind of "motorcycle feeling"... --- In Germany, many VW engines were used for trikes, too, being cheap and plentiful.

One could say that a trike is not unsafer than a bike, top speeds being much lower. - But again, not for me ---

Back