motorbikes old/new...open thread??

With the Silver Wing and other faired variants being plastic maggots!

There was even a turbocharged one and there was one of 'em at the bike show today alongside the more courier friendly ones.
We thought of the CX 650 (?) turbo as the Plastic Maggot. A couple of years ago I visited a custom show and was taken aback by how many CX500s have been customised and just how radical some of those customs are, to me they are still remembered as a London DR hack.

The CX was always a reasonable (if unexciting!) mount - the customisers/caff racers have rediscovered it and shaved as much weight as possible off it.

Most comfortable bike I ever owned. I had one of the first ones with the cam chain problems. Couriers favourite because they were comfortable, shaft drive, inexpensive and went on forever.

Reactions: Nod
Motorcycle trainer, apparently waiting for his class to appear!

Motor cycle trainer Clyst St Mary HX90 DSC00203.JPG

Apprentice widowmaker!

Apprentice widowmaker!
I love those old Kawasakis, they were out of my price range when I was a youngster and they were new. Most I could stretch to was this KS 125E which is the only vehicle I have ever bought brand new and I wish I still had it. :sorry:

BTW this is a photo of an old enprint I have no idea where the neg is to scan it sadly.

Kawasaki KS 125 E.jpg

I love those old Kawasakis, they were out of my price range when I was a youngster and they were new. Most I could stretch to was this KS 125E which is the only vehicle I have ever bought brand new and I wish I still had it. :sorry:

BTW this is a photo of an old enprint I have no idea where the neg is to scan it sadly.

View attachment 419940

A friend of ours in Crete restored an H2. He's ridden it once! His normal ride is a 74" Shovelhead so the 750cc stinkwheel is a bit of a departure!!!

Back