Motorbikes

Nice! How big is the engine in that? Forgive the question but I know nothing about them.
I believe it's a 600 - I've not ridden one but the idea of a big scooter really appeals, I nearly bought one a few years ago, and Peters pictures of both his Honda and his V Strom are a part of me getting my biking mojo back - last year while recovering from my shoulder operation I kept on looking at them (his pictures) and at my old CBF1000 sat in the garage and wondering when I'd be back out riding..

I believe it's a 600 - I've not ridden one but the idea of a big scooter really appeals, I nearly bought one a few years ago, and Peters pictures of both his Honda and his V Strom are a part of me getting my biking mojo back - last year while recovering from my shoulder operation I kept on looking at them (his pictures) and at my old CBF1000 sat in the garage and wondering when I'd be back out riding..

As you’d know they are very popular in Spain. They seem like very impressive machines to me.

I have a kymco 150cc Agility over at the greek house, it is absolutely brilliant, does like 50km/litre and pulls well 2 up to a nice 60km/h
its currently sat in the 3rd bedroom on a rug with the optimate connected.

Honda did an 800 megascooter a few years ago. Can't remember the model but it was a good looking machine. Not available over here and parts would have been a problem when needed.

Mrs Nod takes her Mum shopping on Wednesday mornings so I have bookmarked that as ride time! Went up to the Moor to "say hello" to Mum and Dad (who are sprinkled up there), taking a detour to refuel then came back trough Totnes and along the coast road. Ended up being just over 120 miles so a good job I'd filled up! Winter gloves kept my fingers warmer than they were on Monday evening!!!

A tip for today.

If you are going to start using a new security device on your bike make sure you test it thoroughly at home before using it elsewhere.

You wouldn't want to find your new device locks the bike up so well you can't remove it, especially if you were parked miles from home. It would be even worse if you were suffering from back ache and your new security device attached at one of the lowest possible positions, just saying ...

A tip for today.

If you are going to start using a new security device on your bike make sure you test it thoroughly at home before using it elsewhere.

You wouldn't want to find your new device locks the bike up so well you can't remove it, especially if you were parked miles from home. It would be even worse if you were suffering from back ache and your new security device attached at one of the lowest possible positions, just saying ...

Nightmare!

What is it?

My new padlock went on without a problem but I couldn't get it off, had to remove the gear shifter to remove it. Carry tools folks, don't be one ;)

The padlock works well when rotated 180 degrees.

Attachments

• squire-ws75s-stronghold-ws75-container-padlock-modified-to-fit-both-new-and-old-style-containers.jpg
    squire-ws75s-stronghold-ws75-container-padlock-modified-to-fit-both-new-and-old-style-containers.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 8
Don't tell me, keyhole was facing the "wrong" way so was inaccessible once locked?

To everyone - it's worth squirting a decent squirt of lubricant into the keyhole of any lock every so often, especially after a period of little use. One of my padlocks was a little stiff to unlock before a good squirt of GT85... Leave the padlock for a few minutes on a piece of kitchen roll/rag to allow any excess lube to drain out - sod's law states that it'll drip on a disc if it possibly can!

Don't tell me, keyhole was facing the "wrong" way so was inaccessible once locked?

To everyone - it's worth squirting a decent squirt of lubricant into the keyhole of any lock every so often, especially after a period of little use. One of my padlocks was a little stiff to unlock before a good squirt of GT85... Leave the padlock for a few minutes on a piece of kitchen roll/rag to allow any excess lube to drain out - sod's law states that it'll drip on a disc if it possibly can!

I have to do that with the large Milenco chain I use. If not the key won’t go all the way in.

I remember having that particular “brain fart” when I put a disc lock on when I parked up once. Fortunately it was only a few miles from where I lived at the time so the girlfriend was able to get to me with the toolbox without too many hassles.

What got me was this happened in Manchester city centre and despite it being fairly obvious that someone was taking bits apart to defeat a bike lock not a single person challenged me about what I was doing........
Lesson learned about taking care because nobody else will (unless you’re parked up where there are loads of other bikers!!)

I hired a Goldwing in San Francisco many years ago which came with a disc lock that I was instructed had to be used. Having never used one before I wasn't in the habit (you know where this is going don't you..) and yup, the front wheel turned a quarter of a turn then the thing fell over with both me and a very unimpressed young lady who had been on the back lying in the road. We've not spoken much since..
I've never used one from that day on..

Mine has a bright yellow coiled leash that goes over the clutch lever before I fit the lock.

My normal up-cock is forgetting the steering lock until after I've started the bike. Not too bad on the Bonnie and Speedmaster - they have a different key for the steering while the Bobber is all the same key. If I'm at home, I get the spare key (on the Bobber), otherwise I have to admit the cock-up and turn off, unlock and restart!

Because I bought mine new I’m paranoid. So I rotate between 3 different parking places and always use a heavy duty chain and lock to fix it to the street furniture. A heavy duty disc lock goes on the front, and I use a coiled yellow cord as a reminder too.

The Moor was quiet on Wednesday morning too. Dartington to Kingsteignton was pretty solid (and not really a filtering road!) but the coast road wasn't too bad.

The Soundbomb got some use this morning.

Some variants of the Bell Eliminator are currently reduced from £349 to £199. I couldn’t resist....

View attachment 315931
i have just bought myself the HJC R-PHA 70 CARBON...lovely bit of kit, very quiet compared to my AGV K5, cardo fits on it really well, and so easy to change visors..best thing ive bought this year

Last edited:
The Soundbomb got some use this morning.

I had to remove the video from Instagram. It was sent to the police who have confirmed to me today that they will be taking action.
I’m glad I installed front and rear cameras on the bike!

This was my previous bike, a 2017 SV650 that I did a few mods to:

MOD-2.jpg

MOD.jpg

Black bikes look great but they are dirty 15 minutes after you wash them, I have a BMW Triple Black - yes it serves me right :)

Last edited:
Black bikes look great but they are dirty 15 minutes after you wash them, I have BMW Triple Black - yes it serves me right :)

The Bobber's black (but not a "Bobber Black"!). A quick wipe down with a damp microfibre cloth does the job for me!

Some variants of the Bell Eliminator are currently reduced from £349 to £199. I couldn’t resist....

View attachment 315931

I find it quite curious how lately you seem to be becoming rampantly British (Big B) yet a few years ago you were ramming your Spanish (Big S) down our throats promoting bull fighting and all sorts of distasteful things and now suddenly you cannot find enough Britishness to drape yourself in? So which side are you now on?

I find it quite curious how lately you seem to be becoming rampantly British (Big B) yet a few years ago you were ramming your Spanish (Big S) down our throats promoting bull fighting and all sorts of distasteful things and now suddenly you cannot find enough Britishness to drape yourself in? So which side are you now on?

I know it’s difficult for you, but just for once, try to stop being such a dick eh.

This thread is about motorbikes. I post about politics in the politics thread.
You are trolling.

nope not trolling just asking? are you buying into pseudo British by buying a British bike, dressing yourself in all the colours?
why are you not trying to sell your EU dream you spent years trying to sell to us?

why are you not riding an Aprillia or a ducata or "name another" EU brand?

Wow the guy likes Triumph motorbikes why are you giving him a hard time

This was my previous bike, a 2017 SV650 that I did a few mods to:

MOD-2.jpg

MOD.jpg

I had a couple of SV's, my first was a 2001 curvy "S", and then I added a custom built K5 naked in black, with gold wheels & gold rhenthals. I loved that bike for about 10 days when it was written off when I wend down on diesel...

180283865_4121890331165164_8752287791344957864_n.jpg

Went out for a while this morning. It was lovely and sunny in Cardiff. The further inland I went the worse the weather got! Finally turned back when the ice warning appeared on the dash.

325CDFA6-D191-40E5-B6B8-8B3395146F84.jpegD0836140-C0D1-4D07-A4F5-9F4A58346B51.jpeg

Probably best - ice can be slippery!

I've not been out on my bike for a week or so as long covid has hit again, leaving me feeling too weak. Your 'risk of ice' is helping!

Surgery for me next week so no riding or driving for six weeks :(

Surgery for me next week so no riding or driving for six weeks :(
I'm similar in that I've just had a new hip fitted, so I suspect a few more weeks before being able to swing the leg over the bike......frustration would be a understatment, but needs must:oops: :$

All the best to both of you - may your recoveries be smooth and as complete as hoped. Speed of recovery is less important than completeness so be patient!!!

Back