Motorbikes

Motorbike satnav - any recommendations?
I'd like a 5" screen and one that comes with a mounting kit, both for the bike and a car screen mount..
I had a quick look at the Garman offerings which look rather expensive when the mounts are factored in or is that just the way it is..?

They are expensive because of the weather proofing unfortunately.

Tank-bag and an A4 sheet of directions!

Motorbike satnav - any recommendations?
I'd like a 5" screen and one that comes with a mounting kit, both for the bike and a car screen mount..
I had a quick look at the Garman offerings which look rather expensive when the mounts are factored in or is that just the way it is..?

Btw, I use a TomTom. None of their range has a screen as big as 5 inches. They all come in at 4.3 inches.

They are expensive because of the weather proofing unfortunately.
It was more the cost of the mounts that got me but I'll have a look at the TomTom ones. In the pictures yours looks a lot bigger than 4.3" - hmm, not sure I should be saying things like that :oops: :$

Not sure where Suzukis fit in on this chart!

goodtriumph.jpg

Thinking back, I had a Honda when Mrs Nod and I got together, then a selection (including at least one Suzuki and a Harley) in the interim. Bought the Enfield shortly before I started getting ill and the Triumphs after recovering. Managed to avoid Italian and Austrian brands...

Thinking back, I had a Honda when Mrs Nod and I got together, then a selection (including at least one Suzuki and a Harley) in the interim. Bought the Enfield shortly before I started getting ill and the Triumphs after recovering. Managed to avoid Italian and Austrian brands...
I've owned all brands on the list apart from KTM.
The least reliable of them all was a Honda... :LOL:
Had 2 Ducatis and had no issues with either of them :cool:
My Ducati 996 was my best bike ever, and I've had a few.....

Last edited:
I just read that Feb 21 bike sales were down 40% on Feb 20.
I'm not surprised with some manufactures, Harley D spring to mind in my case. I was tempted to splash out and buy a new Softail Standard this Spring. In December they were £11.450 and now they are £12,995!!......so I will be sticking with my 13 year old FXDC for now.
However, I would have put a sale on hold anyway.....in a few weeks a new hip is at last happening, which will stop me riding for a few months me thinks!

Yeah, IIRC there's a ban on bending new hips past 90° - they can pop out too easily until the muscles and other tissue settles properly.

Hope all goes well when it happens.

i'l be out up the lake district tomorrow, nice little loop taking in wrynose, hardnott, kirkstone, newlands, honister and the winlatter pass,159 miles (plus another 120 to get there and back)and 6 of the best roads in england, great weather, whats not to like

I may resemble this a little!!! (Hearing aids are a PITA when it's helmet time, especially when I forget to take 'em out before I try to put it on!!!)

9915-5c2e1e8bb8918abf9184f5d38925ccaa.jpg

i'l be out up the lake district tomorrow, nice little loop taking in wrynose, hardnott, kirkstone, newlands, honister and the winlatter pass,159 miles (plus another 120 to get there and back)and 6 of the best roads in england, great weather, whats not to like

From the current guidelines

Travelling within England
You should minimise travel where possible. This means you should:

• avoid making unnecessary trips

Just saying ...

They're more of a protection against phone zombies and other fickwuts than car drivers. Still get them stepping out in front of me but not as many as do so in the Leaf or on the (standardish) Bonnie.

plans of mice and men, cant go as my youngest is in hospital and probably discharged today so thursday il probably go instead...lovely weather today too, hey ho

plans of mice and men, cant go as my youngest is in hospital and probably discharged today so thursday il probably go instead...lovely weather today too, hey ho

My local council website says "You are advised to stay local and keep travel to a minimum."

Is yours different?

Last edited:
I’ve got an Innov K2 being delivered tomorrow. So many blind car drivers on the road that I just want the peace of mind of a video witness if the unthinkable ever happens.

I’ve got an Innov K2 being delivered tomorrow. So many blind car drivers on the road that I just want the peace of mind of a video witness if the unthinkable ever happens.

Good choice, experiment with the GPS receiver position before perminately fixing it.

I had an unpleasant road rage incident on Monday so as much as I dislike attaching anything to my helmet it now sports a senna prism wifi camera, I want to record where I look as well as the fixed k2 system.

Just picked a pure highway 200 dab receiver to try, the fm radio on every sena comms system I have had has been poor. I'll chuck it in the tank bag for testing.

Looking forward to getting out on my bike!

I had an unpleasant road rage incident on Monday so as much as I dislike attaching anything to my helmet it now sports a senna prism wifi camera, I want to record where I look as well as the fixed k2 system.

Sorry to hear about that.

I assume you have your bike.....
I do. Not able to ride it till tomorrow as it was my wife's last day at home for a long week, but it's here in the garage. Might be a bit busy tomorrow once I've dropped her off at the station..
I'm touched that you remembered, thank you!

I do. Not able to ride it till tomorrow as it was my wife's last day at home for a long week, but it's here in the garage. Might be a bit busy tomorrow once I've dropped her off at the station..
I'm touched that you remembered, thank you!

I’m excited for you!

I also use a helmet cam just in case something bad happens
Had a great ride out today though on the z750 had the roads to myself best ride I’ve had for ages
Took it steady though I’m out of practice

i have drift cameras, one forward facing on the helmet and a rear facing on the bike for a bit of peace of mind...a friend last year was sat at lights a car came round the corner and plowed into him head on, as richie was being loaded into the ambulance he could hear the fella telling the police that richie had rode into him...his cam on his helmet obviously blew that out the water...there are far too many d******ds out there

Well i have my z750 booked in for MOT on friday and then its up for sale.
Been looking at the numbers and i reckon end of next year i am done, retirement time
given my current contract will give me very little bike time this year i am moving it on.
its wierd but it kinda doesn't bother me, i am going to pop the pennies in the kitty and might buy a bike in Greece who know.
will be the first time in 30 years i haven't had a bike in the garage.

Well i have my z750 booked in for MOT on friday and then its up for sale.
Been looking at the numbers and i reckon end of next year i am done, retirement time
given my current contract will give me very little bike time this year i am moving it on.
its wierd but it kinda doesn't bother me, i am going to pop the pennies in the kitty and might buy a bike in Greece who know.
will be the first time in 30 years i haven't had a bike in the garage.

If I remember right, bikes in Greece were pretty expensive compared to here.

An interesting look back at the cafe racer culture:

Shame about the last line - "Jumps on the back of your new Triton". The best Tritons are strictly solo!!!

Oddly, car racing helps explain the rise of the Triton. Norton decided to stop selling their "Manx" 500cc engines as naked engines so the likes of John Cooper who used the motors to power their little single seater race cars bought complete bikes, took the engines out and sold the rolling chassis on to whoever wanted one. Since the Norton Featherbed frame was renowned for its superior handling, Triumph owners slotted their (arguably better) engines into the frames, added drop bars, rear-set footpegs and a solo seat unit, perhaps with an alloy fuel tank and a legend was born.

I’m excited for you!
Thanks!
It's been real fun getting back on a bike - the V Strom is so easy to ride, laid back comfortable and inspires confidence.
Even better is that my local mechanic who seems to be very highly thought of had a quick look and nodded approvingly - matters a lot having bought it online.
I'll post a picture when I've got time....

Shame about the last line - "Jumps on the back of your new Triton". The best Tritons are strictly solo!!!

Oddly, car racing helps explain the rise of the Triton. Norton decided to stop selling their "Manx" 500cc engines as naked engines so the likes of John Cooper who used the motors to power their little single seater race cars bought complete bikes, took the engines out and sold the rolling chassis on to whoever wanted one. Since the Norton Featherbed frame was renowned for its superior handling, Triumph owners slotted their (arguably better) engines into the frames, added drop bars, rear-set footpegs and a solo seat unit, perhaps with an alloy fuel tank and a legend was born.

I’m far to young to know any of that Nod!

I’m not working on Sunday so I’ll install the Innovv K2 on Sunday. I’m trying to get hold of their technical team but my email has bounced back. I really want to know if I can wire it directly into the Thunderbox.

I did manage to get out to put a few leisure (as opposed to commute) miles on the bike yesterday.

IMG_1153.JPG

Last edited:
Back