Motorbikes

im sure i goosed one of my cameras by putting it in a tank bag, paranoid me now mainly uses a sling shot rucksack with the camera in nowadays, downside of this is if i crash theres a chance il hurt myself more as ive a huge hard object on my spine and il break the camera,decisions decisions.. i do have a big bit of deep foam cut out to take a camera but the size of the bag im limited to the size of lens i can use, hence why i again use the rucksack more ...you take your chances

TBH, I usually only carry a compact if I'm on a bike but do have a messenger style bag that would go in a pannier should I decide to take some better kit.

im sure i goosed one of my cameras by putting it in a tank bag, paranoid me now mainly uses a sling shot rucksack with the camera in nowadays, downside of this is if i crash theres a chance il hurt myself more as ive a huge hard object on my spine and il break the camera,decisions decisions.. i do have a big bit of deep foam cut out to take a camera but the size of the bag im limited to the size of lens i can use, hence why i again use the rucksack more ...you take your chances
I've travelled literally thousands of miles with that tank bag and domke in it never had any breakages or issues.

TBH, I usually only carry a compact if I'm on a bike but do have a messenger style bag that would go in a pannier should I decide to take some better kit.
Normally I'm the same Nod I just take a Fuji X100T & bits n a small Domke belt pouch, this time though I had some shots I wanted in town so wanted more flexibility.

Domke 2 upload.JPG

1712998755011.jpeg

camera bag goes in a side box ,walking clothes and boots goes in the other boxes , when I get there I change out of biking gear which goes into the boxes

View attachment 419938

camera bag goes in a side box ,walking clothes and boots goes in the other boxes , when I get there I change out of biking gear which goes into the boxes
I sometimes whish I had lockable boxes for one of my bikes but sadly not. The beauty of the Tank Bag arrangement I use is the camera is easy access for driveby shootings (of the photographic type).

I sometimes whish I had lockable boxes for one of my bikes but sadly not. The beauty of the Tank Bag arrangement I use is the camera is easy access for driveby shootings (of the photographic type).
Yes see what you mean a tank bag is perfect for when you’re out riding and see a shot can just stop and get out the camera

Well after 6 blissfully happy years I've killed my bike 8 hours riding in Scottish rain was its downfall, it's developed an electrical issue thats above me fixing it and even scouring the Internet and Facebook forums I can't suss out how to fix it, I was told it was rain getting into the clocks so bought some new ( well used) ones...same problem I've had a look at all the plugs I can get to and they look ok, so sod it I'm off new bike shopping tomorrow, bit gutted as I'd wanted to get to 100k miles and I'd managed 91k, just have to suss out what to do with this one now, I've only just spend 380 quid on tyres, serviced it, new coils and little ally 90 degree bends on my wheels RIP old friend

• Sad
Reactions: Nod
A good dose of WD40 might get the beast running again but you've probably tried that already. Might be worth checking the coil connections too - if they've been disturbed, continuity might be suspect.

A good dose of WD40 might get the beast running again but you've probably tried that already. Might be worth checking the coil connections too - if they've been disturbed, continuity might be suspect.
I've gave everything a good dose, my clocks died coming back from Scotland Monday, no speed and no tacho...didn't worry me too much I've a speedo on the satnav but then an engine light and oil light appeared, showed the temp as HI, so stopped immediately, engine didn't feel hot, no funny smells, turned bike back on again and all good, 5 minutes down the road same thing, luckily this happened in a wee village so seeing HI temp went the shop and bought some water, but when I went to top the rad up it was full...thinking it wouldn't effect the clock or the oil light, by now I'd been half sn hour checked the oil level and all good ( I'd checked it before leaving for Scotland that morning) anyway I was 190 miles from home and in work the next morning so started up the bike again, I'm thinking now it's electrical and when the warning lights came on ignored them, the bike felt it's normal self, no loss of power still pulled well, no issues changing gear...no smoke nothing apart from the lights, made it down to the truck stop at carnforth where I needed petrol, I thought if I break down I'm only 60 miles from home someone will pick me up, had a coffee and a butty and bike started again soon the clocks died but bike running fine so made it home, I had in work Tuesday so Wednesday stripped the nose cone off to get to the clocks, no corrosion on the plug or clock and gave it a good spray with WD40, went out on it to give it a wee run, clocks intermittent, now though it's just saying HI temp so bike won't start, stripped it right down to check ecu plug( it's under the airbox), totally dry and no issues)...been scouring the forums and can't see an answer what to look at so sod it...new bike time if the shop I've saw one in that I want was open I'd of gone today...hopefully it's open tomorrow or I will have to wait till Wednesday when I'm off, especially as I'm planning on heading back up to Scotland Saturday

I've gave everything a good dose, my clocks died coming back from Scotland Monday, no speed and no tacho...didn't worry me too much I've a speedo on the satnav but then an engine light and oil light appeared, showed the temp as HI, so stopped immediately, engine didn't feel hot, no funny smells, turned bike back on again and all good, 5 minutes down the road same thing, luckily this happened in a wee village so seeing HI temp went the shop and bought some water, but when I went to top the rad up it was full...thinking it wouldn't effect the clock or the oil light, by now I'd been half sn hour checked the oil level and all good ( I'd checked it before leaving for Scotland that morning) anyway I was 190 miles from home and in work the next morning so started up the bike again, I'm thinking now it's electrical and when the warning lights came on ignored them, the bike felt it's normal self, no loss of power still pulled well, no issues changing gear...no smoke nothing apart from the lights, made it down to the truck stop at carnforth where I needed petrol, I thought if I break down I'm only 60 miles from home someone will pick me up, had a coffee and a butty and bike started again soon the clocks died but bike running fine so made it home, I had in work Tuesday so Wednesday stripped the nose cone off to get to the clocks, no corrosion on the plug or clock and gave it a good spray with WD40, went out on it to give it a wee run, clocks intermittent, now though it's just saying HI temp so bike won't start, stripped it right down to check ecu plug( it's under the airbox), totally dry and no issues)...been scouring the forums and can't see an answer what to look at so sod it...new bike time if the shop I've saw one in that I want was open I'd of gone today...hopefully it's open tomorrow or I will have to wait till Wednesday when I'm off, especially as I'm planning on heading back up to Scotland Saturday
That's a real bummer Dave, sorry to hear it. Hope a rest and dry out might revive it. :sorry:

Back