Motorbikes

81035d940cbd721a179d5d4b6b115ec7e08d59de.jpeg

...the need for pucking on grass!

Thanks Paul. :)

I do love at to be fair, as I'm a Rossi fan. My cheesy knees don't always agree though.

It's my back, knees, hips, wrists, license and life that put me off 4r5e up, head down bikes!

Mot day today for the LC and Bandit both should pass ok fingers crossed
hope the LC runs ok stripped and cleaned the carbs over the winter , she’s 40 years old this year :banana:, the bike in my sig

Fingers crossed for them both, Pete.

OK, it's a day late but worth sharing here. Not sure how many would "get it" in the main jokes thread!!!

ac26c3147aa0ba043f8effdcec327331b87dfda9_2_753x748.jpeg

me too, I had a few bikes that had points , actually weren’t to bad to set up and once set never gave trouble unlike my first bike with CDI ignition which packed up a Honda 250 N
nowadays electronic ignition doesn’t go wrong though

My first bike a BSA Bantam which I got when I was 7 came with a set of feeler guages and a few rusty tools in a very rusty little tool box which I still have.
I felt so grown up.
That was 58 years ago..

Reactions: zx9
No longer run anything with points but do get tempted from time to time!

No longer run anything with points but do get tempted from time to time!
..... and how many people know that Woodbine cigarette packets were exactly 15 thou thick but squashed to 12 thou when it was damp? The clever ones will know that points set up with a damp strip of cig packet, would be over advanced and might fire you (or your leg) over the handlebars when you try to kick the bike up! How do I know this, you may ask? :rolleyes: :headbang:

Possibly the same way that I know that a very badly set up GT500 can bounce back and run (roughly) backwards. Surprised the hell out of the owner when it reversed!

Times like that are among the very few occasions I remember my phone has a camera in it!

TBH, it's the slightly ropey but obviously loved and used classics that get me going!

First proper ride out of the year bike wasn’t running right stopped at Sams cafe for a cuppa and a think, remembered I had a couple of spare new spark plugs under the seat changed them and she flies now running better than ever
:) :banana:

Got as far as taking trousers off to swap to Kevlar jeans for a short ride when I heard the unwelcome sound of the rain drumming on the conservatory roof. Should have checked the forecast earlier! Need to get a few more miles on Mrs Nod's to get it run in so she can keep up a bit better!!!

Got as far as taking trousers off to swap to Kevlar jeans for a short ride when I heard the unwelcome sound of the rain drumming on the conservatory roof. Should have checked the forecast earlier! Need to get a few more miles on Mrs Nod's to get it run in so she can keep up a bit better!!!
Always worth running them in properly makes a difference in the long run :)

True.

Get the behind me, Mr ess!!!

IF they still have it at the end of the month (when I'll also have a better idea of my financial fluidity!), I might see if I can take it out for a test ride.

While I was in there, I spotted that my old Rocket III was in the PDI queue, so they've sold it again! The newer one isn't hugely lighter that the old but feels it.

Even the old one didn't feel as heavy as it (indisputably!) is once you get your feet up. Not ridden a 2500 yet but have paddled round a showroom.

So many potential toys, so little time!

I was at Bala yesterday and an immaculate Vincent Comet turned up.

I was so awe struck I forgot to take a pic.

:headbang:
Here's the one that I sold for £55 back in 1967 or so! (after going over the big pond and back again), then turning up not far from me a few years ago!
DAK1AR0l.jpg

Had an epic ride from Stoke to Leicester today. Went the back roads to avoid the M1.

Battled high winds and some biblical rain for about half way, then I passed through the storm front, the sky cleared and I rode in sunshine the rest of the way.

It was soul warming and life affirming. That's why I have a bike!

30+ years ago, I rode through 100 miles of biblical rain into hot sunshine and decided to keep going rather than stop and change outer layers. The sweat from inside was just meeting the wet from outside when I got home!

Back