1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Okay Guest, it's coming up to the festive season. If you'd like to take part in this year's Secret Santa gift exchange, click the link below and speak to our resident Jolly Red Guy.

Dismiss Notice
  1. wezza13

wezza13

Name:
    Wez
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sent my equipment to MPB yesterday via DPD collection at 11am. They checked over the goods and have dispatched my purchases this afternoon, which I'll receive tomorrow.

Excellent service, in my opinion, once again. 10/10 (y)

2. Cobra

Cobra W Staff Member

Name:
    Phitt, Hissy Phitt
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Actually that reminds me, I must email them.

(Received 10am 1st of the month.)

wezza13 likes this.
  3. SsSsSsSsSnake

SsSsSsSsSnake

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    why wasn't it in the ads ? ;)

4. Cobra

Cobra W Staff Member

Name:
    Phitt, Hissy Phitt
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It was for a week or so, no interest whatsoever...so off it went slightly less than advertised, but no P&P charges and no ( potential) Hassle :)

SsSsSsSsSnake likes this.
  5. zeameth

zeameth

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just wondering if anyone else is seeing their standards slipping?

Within the last 2 months I’ve bought 2 high value items from them (actually i bought one of them twice) and both have had problems.

A sigma 120-300 that had a fubar OS system (worked in reverse if you can believe it). They took it back sent it in for repair apparently then sold it to me again with exactly the same issue. No idea what their testing process actually is, I sent in a detailed report of bodies testing and methodology to recreate. The second time the lens went back it was straight up on their site the same day so had obviously not been addressed.

The same thing has just happened with a Nikon 500mm F4 - mostly refuses to autofocus on a number of bodies (750, 500, 810) just makes a rapid clicking noise in the barrel, when it does focus its squeals like a pig. Returned yesterday and its already on the site.

Really not impressed by their quality control and the reselling of problem items instantly.

6. gramps

gramps

Edit My Images:
    No
    This one?

7. zeameth

zeameth

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    yup thats the one. i tested it on 3 bodies and it failed to autofocus the majority of the time. when it did actually focus it was loud and screechy but that was perhaps 1 in 10 attempts where it worked.

The search continues

gramps likes this.
  8. wezza13

wezza13

Name:
    Wez
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Nope.

I ordered a 300mm 2.8 and D3S a few weeks back and the D3S had a strange line in the middle of the sensor. Returned it and they replaced it straightaway for me.

I did check a couple of times to see if it was back on their site but it didn't appear to be.

9. Cobra

Cobra W Staff Member

Name:
    Phitt, Hissy Phitt
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Only positive things to say here, although I've never bought, only sold.
    I sold one body, for a price I was happy with,
    and later on a lens that was quoted, as I thought, a bit on the low side, but it was only gathering dust, so I thought what the hell and sent it for appraisal.
    When the money hit my bank account it was a few quid higher than the quote,
    a price I was more than happy with (y)

10. GreenNinja67

GreenNinja67

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Bought a 6D from them about 3 months ago.

All perfect apart from was missing the AV cable.

As I'll never use it I never bothered moaning about it.

11. ManVan

ManVan

Name:
    Neil.
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sold them a lens a few weeks back and they sent me more than originally quoted. Well chuffed.

Cobra likes this.
  12. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
    Sold my Canon M5 kit to them a few weeks ago, went without a hitch. Have sold to them many times but never bought anything.

Chipper likes this.
  13. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Same for me when I sold a lens to them a couple of months back

Cobra likes this.
  14. Cobra

Cobra W Staff Member

Name:
    Phitt, Hissy Phitt
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thats 3 of us in the same thread (y)
    TBH I never thought that they would, the camera body quote was spot on.. I happy with that one,
    And even happier with the lens bonus (y)

15. ian-83

ian-83

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I recently traded in some equipment and brought a used camera and lens, lens was fine camera had a duff battery and a clip broken inside the battery compartment, one email to them and two batteries sent out in the post next day as a replacement and a refund of £25 for the broken clip.

Happy with the service I received.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  16. droj

droj

Name:
    Rog
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You bought a NEW camera and lens, and the camera was as you said ...?

17. Karen

Karen

Edit My Images:
    No
    Ive bought and sold with them many times. I find their service excellent

18. Keith W

Keith W

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I had issues the last few times I have dealt with them, however upon contacting them the issues were quickly resolved to my satisfaction.

19. Snapper67

Snapper67

Name:
    Dougie
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Did you get your focus issue sorted out in the end Keith ?

20. Keith W

Keith W

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi Mate,

Made some changes to my settings and things "seem" to be OK, I need to get out and give it a proper test though.

Snapper67 likes this.
  21. draiman

draiman

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've only dealt with them once so far, selling a few things and the service was good but I did have to chase them up for checking/payment a couple of times. It took just under 2 weeks from collection to get the money in my account (this included the bank holiday Monday).

I would sell again, providing I wasn't in a rush for the money!

22. Dangermouse1964

Dangermouse1964 Squeaky Clean

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I tried selling them an immaculate lens, they received it and agreed price, then for some reason said it had moisture in the lens and returned it after a week, there was no moisture but the hoya filter I sent it with was missing and there was a dent on the filter thread and some damage, so I questioned the moisture and one email came back asking why I was asking them about moisture when they had bought the lens, then another said they would replace my lost filter for a Hoya Pro1, obviously they had dropped my lens and broken the filter, I did however send it to another shop and they bought the lens for the same amount MPB offered, I wont be making that mistake of using MPB again.

Edit. by the way the person I was in correspondence with knew nothing about any moisture problem, and thought they had purchased the lens.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    shapeshifter likes this.
  23. MartinH32

MartinH32

Name:
    Martin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It's taken me a week to get a price out of them for a trade - and that's only after I contacted them to rush them up. They don't seem to be very quick on responding to emails either!
    Did make me laugh though they offered me £605 for a lens then downgraded it to 'well used' and £405 as the rubber grip needed replacing. So I'm popping on a new £20 grip and sending it back!

24. ian-83

ian-83

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Edited my post. I meant new to me, not brand new, was a used camera from MPB