MPB sponsored competition, with exciting prizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
The theme.
A day in the life of your kit.
This is just as much about the equipment used as the final image itself.

The rules & T&C's
The competition will run from 00:01 Weds 22nd of June to 11:59 Weds 20th July.
You must have been a member before the competition was announced to take part.
( as of 13:00 20/06/22)
The image must have been taken between those two dates / times.
Anything posted outside these times or conditions will be deleted.

The competition itself.
Take an image, and post it HERE
(use this thread for any discussions)

Add a brief description about the equipment used.
Why you chose that image / subject.
Why you chose that camera and lens combination.
Was it hand held or was a tripod used.
What settings did you use and why.
Add an image of your equipment used at the time and on the day.
This can be as simple as you like, from a phone snap, to a separate professional camera & lens.

The prizes,
@mpb.com are offering a very generous £250 voucher, to each, of the 3 equal winners.
@mpb.com will be judging the competition, and will be announcing the winners approx one week after it closes.

161570f1d14c8a.gif

Last edited:
Huge thanks to the TP team for helping get this over the line, we can't wait to see your submissions—good luck all!!

~Jamil
And a huge thanks to you, for suggesting this, in the first place, and for your generous sponsorship, Jamil.
I'm sure it will be a huge success.

The rules & T&C's
The competition will run from 00:01 Weds 22nd of June to 11:59 Weds 20th July.
You must have been a member before the competition was announced to take part.
( as of 13:00 20/06/22)
Anything posted outside these times or conditions will be deleted.

The competition itself.
(use this thread for any discussions)
Does then photo have to be taken between the two dates?

Does then photo have to be taken between the two dates?
Yes, I thought it was pretty obvious TBH.
However, to save anymore PM's or comments of that type I have now added it specifically, to the T&C's :)

Last edited:
It wasn't to me - so my entry isn't valid. Shame.
I thought you were quick off the mark ;)
Sorry Steve I'll have to delete it in a mo

It does say ( pre my edit)

The competition itself.
Plus It gives the opening and closing times and dates.

Great comp that anyone and everyone should take part in. Everyone posts pics (mostly) so that a big pool. If they’ve posted elsewhere why not copy it here. (Lowering my chances significantly but it’ll make me feel less rubbish if 4 enter and I lose haha).

Great to see companies like mpb getting involved!

If they’ve posted elsewhere why not copy it here.
I never quite understand why some people are always looking for an angle of some kind or another.
I would hope that people will enter into the spirit of the rules and take a fresh image specifically for the competition.
And post it specifically in the correct thread.

Besides people rarely post an image of the set up at that time.

I never quite understand why some people are always looking for an angle of some kind or another.
I would hope that people will enter into the spirit of the rules and take a fresh image specifically for the competition.

I sometimes do for Instagram stories - quite a lot are interested in the rig you use.

Any picture I take for the next month I will take a shot of the set up so I can enter. Let's hope for some nice light and reflections over the coming days and I'll cook up a fresh entry. It looks a nice competition, good prize so I would like to take part if I can russle up anything good.

apart from the freaks in F&C where there's an entire thread full of them :)
Fair enough,I rarely go in there, that's your domain :D

Oooh super and off on my hols next week to

I’ve not said outside the parameters of the competition rules.

If it’s a fresh picture and it’s going in the Fuji thread as an example, why not post here with the reason for that photo and the kit used too?

Where’s the angle?

I’ll not be joining now. Angles and all that.

If it’s a fresh picture and it’s going in the Fuji thread as an example,
As above I would hope that any image would be taken specifically for the competition, and posted specifically in the correct thread.

Just to be clear, no member of TP, be that staff or member, will have anything to do with the final judging.
That rests wholly on the shoulders of @mpb.com their staff or agents, and their decisions are final.

I’ll not be joining now. Angles and all that.
Your loss :)

Last edited:
We may share the odd one with Jamil in due course...

Hi Boss @Cobra ... so what about some serious editing, sky replacement, that sort of thing? Eh?

Hi Boss @Cobra ... so what about some serious editing, sky replacement, that sort of thing? Eh?
TBH I'd not even considered that people may manipulate and image, beyond the the usual post processing.
As above, @mpb.com are the judges.
I would suggest that you declare it, and its up to them whether or not its discarded,
as it wouldn't be a true representation of the day, at that time ( IMO).

Last edited:
TBH I'd not even considered that people may manipulate and image, beyond the the usual post processing.
As above, @mpb.com are the judges.
I would suggest that you declare it, and its up to them whether or not its discarded,
as it wouldn't be a true representation of the day, at that time ( IMO).
... difficult, yeah, where do you draw the line? Let the judges decide.

I'd hazard the suggestion that as MPB don't sell image manipulation software but do sell photo/video equipment and accessories including filters, then it would be more appropriate to show what can be done with camera equipment with just modest editing PP, than taking an image of poor visual value and changing it very substantially with "serious editing". I'm not a judge though.

difficult, yeah, where do you draw the line? Let the judges decide.
Agreed, I am sure they already have set their own perimeters, on what is acceptable.
I'd hazard the suggestion that as MPB don't sell image manipulation software
Good point.

Hi all,

Just to make a comment about photoshop - the spirit of the competition is to celebrate the gear and its shot. Our judge (whose identity I will spill the beans on next week after Photo24 in London this weekend-keep your eyes peeled on our Instagram and Twitter for exciting news around that event if interested) expects a certain amount of postprocessing however, so it is not a hard 'no'. The competition brief is open to interpretation intentionally to foster creativity after all.

~J

perimeters/parameters

48636ebda2a440a43ad8d24c83be20ac20c53420.gif

it is not a hard 'no'. The competition brief is open to interpretation intentionally to foster creativity after all.
Thanks for clearing that up :)

perimeters/parameters
As above its open to interpretation.
I would take that to mean that as long as the rules, & T&C's are adhered to, the rest is up to the entrant.

Just a couple of clarifications please :)

1. Post direct to the thread at normal forum size or is a link from e.g. Flickr okay?
  2. Limit of one photo per entrant?
Ta. :)

Not really getting the gist of this competition at all.
So its of anything with an explanation of why you chose the equipment used.

Getting hints of market research along with slight concerns as to how these photos might be used.

Way too cynical Rich. We collaborated (Admins and Jamil) to decide on the theme, which we deliberately wanted to be as inclusive as possible so no genre constraints, and the equipment bit was again a joint decision to make it relevant for the prize-sponsors. There is no implied licensing for use of the images.

Way too cynical Rich. We collaborated (Admins and Jamil) to decide on the theme, which we deliberately wanted to be as inclusive as possible so no genre constraints, and the equipment bit was again a joint decision to make it relevant for the prize-sponsors. There is no implied licensing for use of the images.
Sorry Lindsay, think its a sign of the times with this current political regime.

Granted, they have made us all suspicious. No need to worry in this case though.

What political regime? serious question.

It's a simple competition, with simple rules and a decent prize for the winner.
Why the negativity?

If you don't want to post an entry fine, your call.
I asked a question it was answered, end of.
Don't need your input or advice thanks very much.

Just a couple of clarifications please :)

1. Post direct to the thread at normal forum size or is a link from e.g. Flickr okay?
  2. Limit of one photo per entrant?
Ta. :)
Post as you normally do in any other forum, Roger :)
Be that attachment or a BB code from Filckr.
The number of posts per person, I would suggest, to be, within the spirit of the competition, 1.

Perhaps @mpb.com would like to clarify that one way or another.
Getting hints of market research along with slight concerns as to how these photos might be used.
Exactly as @lindsay said.
We spent a few months discussing this with Jamil, before it went live.
I'm sure there is no ulterior motive from mpb and certainly not from TP
We are the hosts nothing more.

Last edited:
Sorry Lindsay, think its a sign of the times with this current political regime.
If you read up the top of the thread you’ll see my posts and then admin replies.

Admins are also not impervious to the influence and subsequent getting peoples backs up due to the “current political regime”.

I think for me it’s a sign that perhaps all social media and forms of connecting need to be cut off for a while for myself at least and I’d hazard a guess a few others. The assumption of there always being an ulterior motive and the hostility that then projects is quiet wearing to both sides.

Last edited:
On a lighter note I went to Torren Lochan last night - took a picture of my rig whilst waiting for the light to come through and it never did.

Shame as the reflections were next level but the light never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back