MPB

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but can anybody tell me if MPB are a good company to trade in with.

Good as in reliable bricks and mortar company: yes.
Good as in good price for your equipment: debatable, my experience is low value placed on my kit.
Good as in the products you buy from them: I haven't had to complain with the few things I've bought.

If you dont mind taking a notable hit on the final value compared to a private sale they are great to deal with.
Ive had many flawless trades/purchases with them over the years.

Yep many items bought and sold . Never a single problem

Sold some kit, rejected other offers, had their courier misplace a lens... But they have always been pleasant and easy to deal with and I would use them again if the price was right.

used them lots - very good

what they offer for your equipment is usually better than other shops in my experience

I've sold and bought a few items with them over the years. For trade in they don't give you what you could get with a private sale but then there is less risk and hassle. Selling privately is a minefield now, on here you get offers a lot less than asking price, whereas eBay is risky at times with more buyer protection than sellers and lots of fees involved. MPB's trade in prices are more than other places and there is no buyer lock-in (store credit).

Last edited:
I've bought from them a few times and everything has been as described or better and delivered quickly.

Their prices used to be very keen but have crept up over the years l feel. Still very much on a par with competitors though.

Excellent company to do deal with.

I've bought a few items off them, one being a 300f4L, which on receipt, had a focusing issue. I contacted them, they sent a courier to pick up the lens and the money was back in my account, including the postage, 2 days later. Despite the problem, I consider that excellent service.

My most recent purchase was a Sigma 10-20 f3.5, which was described "as new" and believe me, it's mint.

I would have no reservations about using them again, their aftersales is superb.

I've never sold them anything, but I've bought from them at times, and I've always had good service. What is important to me is that everything that I've bought has always been described by them very accurately.

Bought several things from them, new and used and they've always been excellent to deal with. They describe their used stock accurately, in fact they usually undergrade it so it's better than you might expect from the description.

I've part ex'd one lens I think. Yes you get less money than a private sale but I don't know what people expect; they are a business after all and have to sell the gear at a profit. It's just less hassle to part ex sometimes.

Have bought and sold from them and excellent, sold a D750 for more than I was offered on TP but that was before brexit:( Bought a tripod head off them and it was missing a screw so they apologised and gave me option of return or a partial refund.

I've bought from them several times, the latest being earlier this week. Always a positive experience; I echo what others say about their goods usually being better than described.

Never sold to them, but bought a fair bit from them in the past, most recently my 7D last week - always been pleasantly surprised at the condition when the boxes arrived, they seem to always slightly under-describe the condition, which is great for buyers, but probably not if you're selling to them!

I was highly recommended that place and I did some
business with them. I bought a 3000+ £ item with a six
month guaranty.

I still have unresolved issues and growing very impatient!

In my 6 years of doing photography, I've dealt with them a lot. Very fast company to deal with when it comes to their free collection and paying your money, but I've noticed they offer very low prices for fx gear compared to dx.

For instance, they offered me £1,300 for a d810 with 4,000 clicks on. I sold it privately for £1,800.

I bought a 120-300 f2.8 Sigma lens from them which was in great condition and didn't have any issues.

I also bought a 1Dmk2 from them which was advertised as being very tatty. It had intermittent battery issues but they took it back very quickly and gave me my dosh back. Even though it didn't work they sorted it out fast, so I have no problem with them.

I've purchased a few things and sold a few with them, Prices at both sides are ok sometimes can vary.. Yet they can be a little slow sometimes at paying up i sent in a camera which arrived on Monday ( im sure latest Tuesday ) and its still at awaiting checking stage :(

I have traded few things to them, got better prices than ebay... now they do offer slightly less than before. When it comes to buying they have amazing deals....

Id never dealt with them before this week but sold a number of items to them and was a positive experiece. Spoke on the phone a couple of times and were pleasant and helpful, sent a courier to where i was working and had the money in my account 26 hours after the items were picked up. Their prices cant compete with a private sale but compared to ebay they were only about 10% lower than id of got after fees and a whole lot less hassle than selling on there and posting everything individually.

traded with them 5-7 times all good

Yup I've used them probably a dozen times and they've been 100% professional in every aspect. I would also say that they use a courier company who give you a one hour window so there is none of this sitting around waiting and waiting and waiting. ...

Just to echo what the others on here have said - bought from and sold to them several times. They've always been great to deal with and the 1 hour time slots with the courier makes like easy

Got a quote early last week, they collected it at midday on Wednesday (given an hour time slot by 8am that morning) and by Thursday afternoon I had the funds in my bank, pretty impressive!

As the market is all over the place at the moment I'm finding some companies to be extremely good with part-exs or selling used gear to. I used a combination of WEX and MPB last week and more than likely ended up with more than selling privately here, and definitely more than eBay with fees taking into account.

As an example I got £830 for my Olympus E-M1 and 12-40mm 2.8. I paid £735 for it (here) a few months previous.

Last edited:
Just completed my first deal with them..Items collected on time by courier processed through their system and checked and just received payment so cannot fault them and exceptionally pleasant on the phone when I have spoke to them.Would certainly use again and price they gave wasnt to bad at all.

I have bought and sold several items in the past year with MPB and have been very happy with them.The bought items were exactly as described and delivered quickly.The prices they offered for my items were slightly lower than I could have achieved on this forum,but hassle free and collected from my door.

I have just sold a mint lens to them for £210,Jessops offered £153 trade in and Wex offered £170 trade in only.

MPB gets my vote

Sold a load of stuff to them recently. Would have got £1450 ish selling on here. Got offered £850ish from LCE, Wex etc but they came in at £1300. All my kit they rated at "like new" bar the odd item. I'd have lost £80-100 selling private on shipping costs so all in I lost about £70vs selling private and had it done in just 4 days rather than weeks of messing about. I am very happy with the service and getting paid £120 more than quoted was a huge bonus!

Just seen.. holy thread revival! Not sure my answer of many above me applies but anyone else searching for info, I highly recommend MPB!

Back