Multiple shootings in Paris

Another terrible event in a major city ... a high price to pay for controversial free speech!
Will be interesting to see the response of the French Government.

That'll be another 'extreme Islamist' massacre then by the looks of it!! Nothing surprises me - unfortunately:mad:

I lived through 30 odd years of bombing and shootings back in Northern Ireland and there is no place for mindless killing in the name of any cause......prayers are with all affected by any pointless murder.......

I am afraid it's not senseless violence nor is free speech controversial. This is the ideological murder of unarmed innocents by a hateful enemy which we have welcomed into our midst

Then it's a hateful enemy we need to bloody well un-welcome.......................and soon.

A video of them shooting a policeman when they are running away is circulating now. Hope the police catch them soon and make them pay.

I'm afraid we are dealing with a fearless, sophisticated criminal terror network. It's a great shame, but these people need stopped and innocents need to stop dying. I am not sure how you fight an enemy willing to die for their cause. Exteme Islam is a very ugly thing and it raises its head far to often.

No one can tell me we are not at war. An enemy that uses military weapons to kill and maim innocent people in the name of religion. Insanity.

nor is free speech controversial.

Sorry but:-
"giving rise or likely to give rise to controversy or public disagreement."

Anyone poking fun at Islam/Mohammed in the current climate must assume their 'free speech' to be controversial and subject to unwanted responses. This in no way condones the atrocious act that has taken place in Paris, or in other areas of the globe, but if you continually poke a snake you have to be prepared for an unwelcome response.

i cannot see any sense in this its being done to a agenda and its time the governments of a free world got together and declared total war on these scumbags .,we at the moment just drop a few bombs on them to try and get submission ,sod the integrity of syria just send in LOTS of heavy bombers and wipe a few of there caliphate cities off the face of the earth see how long it takes them to shout surrender .
the israelis have the right idea with there attitude to the rocket attacks from gaza but never saw it to a full conclusion due to world opinion ,the time to act is now or our grandchildren will be going to mosques and wearing hibabs when we have been taken over .as that is there long term aim .
i cannot see the french just taking this in there stride either .the tigers have just given mary-le-pen her ticket into the champs-elysee

I am not sure how you fight an enemy willing to die for their cause. .

the world was faced with the same problem with japan in 1945 i.e kamikaze pilots being one part of it .we have the answer but are unwilling to use it .in reality you don't even have to go nuclear a couple of daisy cutters would be a good starter ,however much pain it causes its starting to look like the answer though

Last edited:
A video of them shooting a policeman when they are running away is circulating now. Hope the police catch them soon and make them pay.

If you are remotely sensitive you don't want to see it !!!

Where do you start on this? More senseless killing in the name of religion.

Sadly as others have said, these excuses for human beings are justifying their action by their interpretation of Islam and in their eyes they are right and everyone else is wrong and deserves to die, you're not going to win a "war" against these people across the World.

I fear that all the Iraq/Afghan conflicts have done is stirred up more support/sympathy with these terrorist groups and encouraged more people to join them.

Surely there must be enough intelligence available to know where to drop a sufficient weight of ordinance (nuclear or conventional) to wipe a supstantial amount of them off the planet? Yes, their will be civilian casualies on an unprecedented scale but I'm getting an increasing feeling that it's becoming an "us or them" situation. These cowards hide amongst civilians knowing that our conventions don't allow us to attack them, I just don't see any other options.

They also "hide" in plain sight.
These gunmen / women...suicide bombers etc. could be any person, living in any city anywhere in the world.
Would you know them if you saw them? No.
dropping a few megatonnes might sound like a just option, but it's never going to happen; and whilst carpet bombing so called caliphate areas sounds good, you will simply rally more to the cause globally.

These gunmen / women...suicide bombers etc. could be any person, living in any city anywhere in the world.
Would you know them if you saw them? No.
dropping a few megatonnes might sound like a just option, but it's never going to happen; and whilst carpet bombing so called caliphate areas sounds good, you will simply rally more to the cause globally.

I wonder if there's enough ordinance to make a crater the size of, I don't know.... Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan and maybe a bit bigger?

I wonder if there's enough ordinance to make a crater the size of, I don't know.... Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan and maybe a bit bigger?

Obliterate entire nations for the actions of a tiny minority....Most of whom do not even originate from the countries which they now occupy. Right.
And you can make as many craters as you like, it still won't cure the problem.

Sorry but:-

Anyone poking fun at Islam/Mohammed in the current climate must assume their 'free speech' to be controversial and subject to unwanted responses. This in no way condones the atrocious act that has taken place in Paris, or in other areas of the globe, but if you continually poke a snake you have to be prepared for an unwelcome response.

If they hadn't let the snake into their country on the scale they have, they wouldn't have the current problem they have.

Sorry but:- Anyone poking fun at Islam/Mohammed in the current climate must assume their 'free speech' to be controversial and subject to unwanted responses..
And of course this is the root of the problem,
they know full well that we "the civilised world"
will not retaliate with a certain force, as we then become the bad guys.

Its Political correctness gone way off the scale, and the terrorists have all but won,
with tactical fear, playing "the victim" and crushing our right to say what we like.
Although of course its ok for "them" to say what they like about us and our God.
I say again its PCness turned on its head.

Obliterate entire nations for the actions of a tiny minority....Most of whom do not even originate from the countries which they now occupy. Right.
And you can make as many craters as you like, it still won't cure the problem.

Of course you're right Viv, it was an off the cuff comment and it probably wouldn't solve the problem but something has got to be done..... what that something is I don't know :/

Would you know them if you saw them? No

Indeed, and to expand on that there are those that do the bombing and shooting etc. Those that help, but not in a "front line" capacity. Then there is another group who are sympathisers (They can often be heard condemning the killing and their condemnation is followed by a BUT and they go on to put up an excuse).

It's about time countries grew some balls, Anyone caught being a member of these isis or affiliated terrorist groups regardless of what country they come from, should be F&*king put against the wall and shot/executed, no long expensive trials, proof that they were a member is enough. If countries are guilty of harbouring them nuke it. Ok you get civilian casualties but sh!t happens, Hiroshima and nagasaki put a swift end to japan's war in wwII.

Too much softly softly approach these days, no wonder we have problems.

And of course this is the root of the problem,
they know full well that we "the civilised world"
will not retaliate with a certain force, as we then become the bad guys.

Its Political correctness gone way off the scale, and the terrorists have all but won,
with tactical fear, playing "the victim" and crushing our right to say what we like.
Although of course its ok for "them" to say what they like about us and our God.
I say again its PCness turned on its head.

I don't disagree with you.
However, it will never be quashed by tarring the whole Islamic faith with the same brush ... or worse, as suggested by some here, by trying to annihilate them and everyone near them. Muslims are not all fanatical terrorists, just as in Northern Ireland not all Roman Catholics or Protestants have been bigots and terrorists.
Now although we have seen a few 'Official' Clerics wheeled out to reject the actions of Islamic Terrorists in the past, it would be good to hear a loud voice of outcry and rejection from the whole Muslim world.

Im not sure that nuking entire countries is the best option, but also, I dont know what the best option is.

I don't disagree with you.
However, it will never be quashed by tarring the whole Islamic faith with the same brush ...
And I don't disagree with you also :)
But its also been interested to note over the last few years,
the opinion swing, even among the members here ;)

A doctor will remove a gangrenous limb to stop the rot
spreading, but also, conversely, cutting off a Hydra's head is not a smart move, as
Greek mythology has proven time and time again.

As to the answer? I'm not sure there is a workable one TBH.
As always the civilised world failed to identify a problem and nip it in the bud.

Reactions: ST4
As always the civilised world failed to identify a problem and nip it in the bud.
Of course it could be argued, from an historical point of view, that "the civilised world" is at the very root of the problem!

And there's the crux of the matter.

Two things I see as being completely unacceptable:-

1. People not being patriotic to their country. If you have British, Americam, French, German etc. nationality then that is where your unqualified allegiance must lie.

2. People puting their religion before their country.

Of course it could be argued, from an historical point of view, that "the civilised world" is at the very root of the problem!
But that infers that we deserve everything we get,
and that maybe the crusading knights were some how to blame?
I'm sure that wasn't your intention though?

(/ sits patiently waiting for godwins law to be invoked, by someone ;) )

Im not sure that nuking entire countries is the best option, but also, I dont know what the best option is.

there is some senator t*** in america who wants to nuke mecca... because that will really help.

human beings are justifying their action by their interpretation of Islam

:agree:

Interpretation is the problem.

I'm not sure who is 'accountable' for religion but it must be obvious to any decent person that this is wrong.

A bit of education / clarification is required I think.

Last edited:
But that infers that we deserve everything we get,
and that maybe the crusading knights were some how to blame?
I'm sure that wasn't your intention though?

(/ sits patiently waiting for godwins law to be invoked, by someone ;) )

I am a firm believer in the biblical adage "You will reap what you sow" ... whilst that does not mean that I believe that those who died today deserved to do so because of crusading history, far from it, it does mean that I don't believe that you can entirely separate the effect from the cause.

:agree:

Interpretation is the problem.

I'm not sure who is 'accountable' for religion but it must be obvious to any decent person that this is wrong.

A bit of education / clarification is required I think.

Who would you educate though?

The Muslims I speak to and work with on a daily basis are always sickened by these events.
Their problem is, they too do not know who the extremists may be among their religious community, and are often afraid to openly voice their opinions in those surroundings.
And that applies to those I speak with in the Middle East, and those I work with daily here in the UK.

Back