My 365 - Well everyone else was doing it...

Name
GF
Edit My Images
No
First of all, let me introduce myself. I am called George Williams. I am 15 years old and go to Epsom College, which is a boarding school with saturday school. That means that there is always lots around to take photos of!

My Flickr account can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gfwilliams

I have decided to the the 365 day challenge to put my photography to the test!

My first photo:
2445856757_64534c9b23.jpg

see: http://gfwilliams.blogspot.com/

I will upload another tomorrow!

George

Nice motor! However, a 365, as far as I'm aware, is a self-portrait shot, taken once a day, every day, for a year. Let's see you, not a car!!!!

Nah, that is just one variation. My 365, like George's, is just a photo a day :) doesnt matter what it is.

Nice motor! However, a 365, as far as I'm aware, is a self-portrait shot, taken once a day, every day, for a year. Let's see you, not a car!!!!

Well I'm not too keen on self portraits, so I decided to just take a photo a day, which I regard to be of reasonable quality.. This enough of a challenge for me!

George

Not strictly true as far as I am aware ... :cautious: ... I guess as it is his 365 he can choose whatever he likes to put in it :shrug: ... as long as he does so once a day for 365 consecutive days ... :eek:

Nice start George ... (y)

:p

George, i will try and come though here everyday to see what you are posting (y)

Glad to see you doing the 365 aswell mate (y)

Tony

Oh I see....Doh! I always thought that a 365 had to be of yourself, whatever guise or form, so long as you were in the shot! I stand corrected... Didn't know that it could be of anything, just one shot a day. Hmmm....interesting......... (oh oh, you've given me an idea....)

Stephen - If you look at mine or jimmy's there is none of us in them :runaway: lol

I really need to sort my camera out and start getting more intresting shoots now (y)

Marcel - Is there enough people to have our own sub forum yet? just an idea so it will keep out the way of people that just want to share one photo with people on here????

Today has been quite a boring day. In the morining I just had lessons, so no chance of taking a photo then. This afternoon I have been taking a few photos though! To start with I tried to do a photo merge photo with more that one of me in it... I liked it, but I want to save th idea for another day to try and perfect! After I had done some work I decided to pop out and take some photos of the junior athletics. Here is my favourite:

2449678042_f948ba7ce2.jpg

George

Nice to see you have been trying different shots (y) Just one thing, The subject needs to be more "centred" I don't understand why you have chopped the top off??

Overall, i like the sand texture and how you have captured it in the air as he jumps in to it (y)

All you have to focus on is your panning mate (y)

Detail, focus is all spot on

Just had a look through your flickr, you've got some really got shots there. The B&W of the noble is my favourite I'd say. Keep it up!

Yeah i am just looking though his Flickr now (y)

I like what i see's :)

Good introductory shots George. :) Your panning shot is a hit, very nicely panned indeed. :)

Keep going mate, i will look though this every day and see what you are coming up with (y)

I have had quite a boring and unphotogenic day today... The weather has been dull and rainy all day, so there was no chance of taking a good photo outside. I tried to take a few photos of a friend in the afternoon. I wasn't happy with the photos though, so decided to take some photos of my shoes. After looking through, I wasn't sure about this photo so asked below - This was the decision:

2451686571_3e944cd3e8.jpg

Larger Version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gfwilliams/2451686571/sizes/o/

George

Dude, that looks sharp to me (y)

If i am honest, sharper than your other image (y)

Good shot George! I'm checking everyday, so keep 'em coming! Oh, just a thought, DON'T tell us what you're going to post before you post it (u said something about a chapel??)!!! Surprise us. It adds to the excitement!

Hey George, you're fifteen? And coming out with shots like this? When I was fifteen I was pointing my compact at the sky and wondering why I couldn't take photos of all the colours I could see. I'm impressed, mate. Keep it up :)

Hey George, you're fifteen? And coming out with shots like this? When I was fifteen I was pointing my compact at the sky and wondering why I couldn't take photos of all the colours I could see. I'm impressed, mate. Keep it up :)

When I was fifteen, all we had was one of then awful big clunky camera's that processed the image INSIDE the camera, and spat it out on a little print from the front (be damned if I can remember what it was called now...). I remember every photo looked underexposed and OOF...
Thank God for technology :D

When I was fifteen, all we had was one of then awful big clunky camera's that processed the image INSIDE the camera, and spat it out on a little print from the front (be damned if I can remember what it was called now...). I remember every photo looked underexposed and OOF...
Thank God for technology :D

I may only be 15, but IMO that makes no difference to quality of photos. In fact if anything it can help as I just constantly want to try something new (could just be me!)
Only problem is that my friends think it is a wierd hobby and never really support me.. :(

I don't mind though - All I care about is that I am enjoying myself and doing something constructive with my time - unlike them! :D

George

Back