My 366 - COMPLETED!! WOHOOO!!

It took me a while to find this back on page 7, Mr Lemon you are not giving up on this so close to the end of the year are you? :nono:

haha thats good timing, I am actually just sorting out the last erm....many days :| I am going to have to get back into a system of posting them each day.

Finally got round to digging them all out and doing the descriptions for each etc!

Set To Go (304-366)

Off for a short holiday tomorrow. I am having a long weekend down in Cornwall with my parents and my sister, though I plan on spending most of the time out taking photos. I think I have got pretty much all I need ready to try and pack into my backpack...could be a tight fit!

______

The Holiday Home (305-366)

This is the holiday home we rented for the long weekend. Very nice place it is too! Apart from the central heating was not working properly and advertised broadband didn't exist :(

_______

St Michaels Mount at Sunset (306-366)

After a whole day taking photos around the Lizard Peninsula I ended up at St Michaels Mount just in time for sunset. The usual spots for getting a shot of the mount all face the wrong way for the sunset so I had to try and find another spot. This was taken at the start of a little lane down to some houses, where there is also a little viewing platform thingy. I think this shot might work a little better when I have a little HDR fun with the bracketed shots I took :)

______

Sunrise At Coverack (307-366)

I risked my poor 40D for this shot. I got up at some silly time in the morning to head over to the east coast of the Lizard (in Cornwall) to get to Coverack, which is a village I have stayed in many times and have witnessed the amazing sun rises you can get there. Sunrise was just after high tide, which was a bit annoying as I wanted some shots down on the beach with rocks in the foreground etc. I was standing at the top of some steps down to the beach getting shots of the sunrise when I realised the waves hadn't actually come up to the bottom of the steps too many times. So trying to judge when the smaller waves were I set the tripod low and plonked it down with the 40D onto on the pebbles at the bottom of the last step. I then realised I didnt have a hope in hell of seeing in the view finder, live view helped a bit, but I ended up doing a bit of 'shoot and see'. This shot was the best of the bunch. The sunrise wasn't very spectacular and the angle wasn't perfect, but a biggish wave came up during this exposure giving the ghostly pebble effect, I think one leg of the tripod got a bit wet taking this shot :p

______

Road Narrows Ahead!(308-366)

Now I am use to narrow lanes living on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, but to be honest there are not many spots where you can't squeeze tow cars past each other. This road down to a cove in Cornwall was insanely narrow. The poor Avensis only just squeezed through and I didn't see a passing place for a good few miles! I decided this would be a great time to pick up the 40D and 10-20 off the passenger seat and fire off a few shots. The road in the distance does a nice 180 degree bend to the left, with a lovely heard of cows with the sea behind, just as I stop and try to get out a quad bike appears behind me :( so I had to get back in and carry on. Later in the day I did find a narrower road that meant I had to fold the wing mirrors in to get down, only to find a locked gate about a mile down the road. Reversing up a very narrow lane with no wing mirrors for a mile is not fun!

_____

Out Visiting (309-366)

We visited my sisters godparents today on our way back from Cornwall. In other news we saw the Davidstow Cheese Factory (it is actually in/near the village of Davidstow!) We also saw one of the Google Street View cars....it is a damn long drive back to Skipton from Cornwall though. P.S No idea what my mum is doing (bottom left) This was the best of about 5 shots, each one someone looked a little wrong (I just look bad on all of them)

Bonfire Night (310-366)

Went on an outing to some big hill above Manchester tonight with Marcel (http://www.marcelbooth.co.uk/) and Phil Oldham (http://www.purpleclouds.co.uk/joomla/). In the end the fireworks were too small and too inconsistent to get any decent shot of them :( but we did have fun trying to write stuff with sparklers. This shot was a group attempt to do the logo from Talkphotography (www.talkphotography.co.uk). I was doing the P!

______

Downloading! (311-366)

In some strange time twist thingy this is me copying all the photos I took in Cornwall from my mums laptop, so actually did this days before I could upload the past few days! Too make it more confusing I am a lazy bugger so am only just getting around to writing this description on the 24th November!

_____

Autumn is here! (312-366)

There is one tree in my village which always has excellent autumn colours, the weather has been a bit rubbish so instead of the autumn colours with blue sky behind it sort of shot I wanted I just went for a random shot of me standing in a pile of leaves :)

_____

Ghostly Tog! (313-366)

Marcel (http://www.marcelbooth.co.uk/) came over to get some photos of my villages bonfire and firework display. I had managed to get a key for the church so we could get some shots from the roof. We only just made it up to the top of the tower in time as it took us a good 10 minutes to open the front door! In the end we got help and even then still weren't sure how it works :( Anyway it was too windy for any good fireworks shots really, and it started to rain right at the end! We got downstairs and locked up and it was chucking it down by then so we sat in the little porch thingy waiting to see if the rain would ease up so we could mess around getting some more shots of stuff, whilst waiting we had a little fun painting stuff with torches.

_____

Getting Comfy (314-366)

I am pretty settled in my office now, it is all taking shape, still needs a few bits; few more photos, screen thing behind my desk to hide wires etc, blinds on the windows, big tv on the wall infront of me. Getting there though :)

Back-up! (315-366)

Tomorrows job, backing up most of my computer onto my external hard drives. I seem to have gathered a few of them now. The one on the right really belongs to the Mac. So yeah.....it is going to be fun!

_____

Gardening In The Rain (316-366)

My mum really wants to get her garden back to some sort of order now most of the building work is done. The weather hasn't been on her side though so she has had to sort all her pots and stuff out in the rain :( poor thing.

____

Bird! (317-366)

Ok random shot. I was taking some shots out of one of the new windows in the house of the sun on the hillside, I don't know why I took this shot as it snit very exciting, but looking back at them later I noticed the bird on the chimney. Not sure if there is some sort of nest in there, guessing it is the wrong time of the year, but I am going to have to keep and eye on it and see if I spot any baby birds at some time.

____

Bathroom Finished (318-366)

The main bathroom in the house is now complete. There use to be a bath on the left with a fairly naff shower, it is now a proper shower enclosure thingy, with some handy shelves behind for storage etc. Not a major change really but one of the last big things to be finished in the house :)

_____

TVCatchup (319-366)

I have no TV down in my new office, but luckily someone linked me to tvcatchup (www.tvcatchup.com) which is basically a free TV streaming site. Seems they have some how covered the legal side of things, so hopefully it could be around for a while :)

____

CS4 (320-366)

Realised today that the trial was out for Photoshop CS4. I thought I would give it a little whirl, see what it can do. Not really had chance to play with much, but some very interesting looking buttons and menus :D

Glossy (321-366)

Another shot of my poor mum stuck outside. The outsides of the new windows have been waiting to be gloss painted for a while now, so my mum decided this would be fun to do, no one else agreed so she ended up doing most of it herself :( though to be fair I think there was only 1 tub of paint.

_____

Cat Burglar (322-366)

Looks like the neighbors cat has realised she can now jump in through my office window. She hasn't yet learnt to clean her paws before doing this though!

_____

The Tardis (323-366)

I went down to Skipton Library today where they were having a Dr Who event. The village panto props team had made this excellent Tardis to go around the front door of the library. It looked great and the blue light on top even flashed. Inside the Library they even had a full size Darlek. More photos of that to follow, possibly.

_____

St Peter's Church, Halliwell (324-366)

My mum is currently researching her family tree (and I guess my family tree). My dad was working in Manchester so I agreed to take my mum around parts of Halliwell near Bolton, Lancs where some of the her family came from. We ended the day walking around the grave yard at this church. It was raining and the ground was pretty un-even so it wasn't a great way to spend an afternoon, and after all that we only found one grave with a surname that could match :(

_____

Le Man Crescent, Bolton (325-366)

Following on from yesterday today we visited the records office in Bolton for my mum to do some more family tree research. I went out to find me some lunch and decided to get some shots of this Crescent behind the Albert Halls in Bolton. I only had the Ixus with me so decided to have a go at a panoramic style I had seen on flickr some time ago by this guy <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/p0ps/">www.flickr.com/photos/p0ps/</a> - I really like the idea. Not sure I have done it justice, but it was interesting doing it. Seems the Photoshop CS4 trial didn't quite want to keep the building on a level though, so it has some interesting curvey snake effect going on :|

Its a tip! (326-366)

Since I moved my desk etc out of my room and down to my office it has sort of left a load of junk in my room :( It is stuff that really should be down here, but I need to sort it all out and chuck a load of stuff away. I also in front of that is a roll of carpet that needs to go down in my room. I am getting quite far behind with that place now :( it is too easy to ignore when I am sat down here.

______

In Memory Of Kenny (327-366)

Tonight was a memorial gig for a drummer called Kenny. Kenny was the drummer of the band my sister helped to manage a few years ago. Long story but she is no longer involved in the band, through her I had met the band many times and filmed and photographed them on many occasion. Kenny was always great a great photo op as he really put everything in his drumming and would be sweating buckets at the end of each song. He also had an involvement in other bands and had many friends. The venue for this memorial gig wasn't huge but it wasn't small either, but was packed and had about 6 acts playing. It was a great way to celebrate someones life and was a really enjoyable evening. This shot is the stage before any of the acts came on.

______

Didn't Stay Tidy For Long (328-366)

My office is starting to become a bit of a mess :( I was going to try and keep it spotless for as long as possible, but I am just rubbish at that! so it has piles of paper and random crap all over the place :( one day I will learn how to be neat and tidy.

______

Blind! (329-366)

Got some blinds up in my office windows now. Add to the finished effect nicely. They have been up for a while now, but I am struggling for a photo today as most of the day has been spent catching up with this damn 365!

St Mary's Church, Carleton (330-366)

I am currently working on a calendar for the anniversary of the village Church and School. I spend a few hours up at the Church earlier getting various shots. This was a shot I thought I would just try as I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I was pretty much shooting blind as the camera was against a wall, could just make out the live view so sort of got the framing right. With the other shots I have taken I have been trying to sort out the blown windows by copying in underexposed sections etc, but I liked the look of light flooding into the church with this shot. This is a tonemapped HDR from 3 fairly long exposures.

i love this church, where is it?

It is in Carleton In Craven, just outside Skipton Zooki.

Photo In The Dalesman (331-366)

I sold this photo earlier in the year for use in the Daleman Magazine (http://www.dalesman.co.uk/) a magazine for the Yorkshire Dales. The photo is already on my photostream somewhere and found on talkphotography.co.uk - Not an exciting photo really, but thought I should mark the occasion.

Ready Steady Sleep (332-366)

I was going to bake some cookies today, kept putting it off and in the end just cant be arsed :( Have everything ready just didn't feel in the mood for cookies so think I will leave it for tomorrow :)

_____

Cookie Monster! (333-366)

Well as I said I was going to yesterday I actually could be bothered to cook these today, pretty simple to do, but I managed to mess up somewhere. They are supposed to be double choc chip cookies, but I think the oatmeal I used wasn't the best as it just soaked up a lot of the moisture from the mixture, also I made the balls too big so they didn't spread too well and I over cooked them (waiting for them to flatten). Tasted ok though. Not as good as I was expecting though :(

Looking at this photo again they have just taken on the appearance of something much less tasteful :|

Those cookies look delicious :D
(Thats actually the same brand of oats i used :D)

hey JL, wheres the rest of the shots?? your nearly there!

what are you planning to do with them when your finished?

hey JL, wheres the rest of the shots?? your nearly there!

what are you planning to do with them when your finished?

Catchup starts very soon :p

No idea what I am gonna do with them when I am finished :( Maybe a blurb book

Foggy Valley At Night (334-366)

This is taken from the same space as day 193, looking over the village of Cononley (North Yorkshire). Today has been very foggy, but the fog was all low lying. This vantage point has been just above the fog for most of the day. I got some good shots earlier with the whole valley covered in a white blanket. Decided to pop back up this evening in the dark to see how it looked. At lot of the fog had gone, but still looks quite cool to me.

Polyjesters (335-366)

These guys from Canada played in the Village Hall this evening. They were pretty good, with some very catchy songs. This probably isn't the best shot from the night, but I took so many and just dont have time to sort them yet :( This sort of sets the scene though.

_________

Where do these hide? (336-366)

I am always finding plastic bottles and cans knocking around the place. I probably should be more tidy, but I am sure these spawn in my room, I am sure I haven't got through all that myself :(

Choo Choo! (337-366)

We had some snow :D Went out to take some shots of the village from a vantage point, they don't work too well, but walking back to the car I spotted this train coming towards me. Not an amazing shot, but I like it for some reason.

Snow's Still Here (338-366)

The snow is sticking around :) I went out to get some wintery shots, lots of which will need a fair bit of PP as I was shooting into the sun and have a few flares etc that need some attention :( This shot caught my eye and I still quite like it now looking back through all the shots. Not sure why I like it, but I do....so it wins the honour of being todays shot! :p

Happy Mum! (339-366)

Was taking some shots out of one of the new windows, looking over the snow that is still plentyful in the village. My mum came to have a look so got a quick snap of here too, thank god for the Sigma 10-20! :)

_________

Snow....erm...Rolls? (340-366)

My dad found these on the front of his car this morning. It seems the snow decided to clear itself from the windscreen and created these pretty cool rolls of snow on the bonet. Obviously my first thought was "ooo a 365 shot"

Grassington Dickensian Festival 2008 (341-366)

Went along to the annual Grassington Dickensian Festival today. It runs for 3 Satrudays in November/December and is always a good place for some snaps. I went each week this year :| Again tons of shots taken and it is going to take me a while to process them all, but this one I thought was going to be a good shot when I took it, and looked good on the computer too. I really wish I had gone for something like F6 instead of F4 as I would have got his face in focus. Do have some others with his face more obscured by the steam, so they might work better. will soon see I guess.

Winter Workshop (342-366)

I helped out a workshop for children in the Village Hall today. Lots of arts and craft type events with a Christmas theme. We ran a customised Christmas card stall where people could either have their photo taken, or choose one from a selection of mine, add a border and have it printed on the spot. Worked quite well with some kids having their photo taken after having their faces painted which produced nice cards. Few technical issues to start with, but worked pretty well after that.

Focus Points (343-366)

I dont know why, but I have never bothered to work out how to change focus points on both my 350D and 40D. I never felt the need. If something wouldn't autofocus how I wanted I would just knock the lens into manual and do it myself. Now I know how easy it is I might try using the focus points more, will see.

Last Big Job Before Chrimbo! (344-366)

Last big job out of the way before Christmas. YAY! Not really a lot more to say really, rubbish photo, but havent really had chance to do much else today :(

ARGH! (345-366)

Oh noes! Luckily it only seems to be some iffy software causing this...fingers crossed that is all anyway :(

Skipton Bus Station (346-366)

Welcome to Skipton's new Bus Station. Ok it isn't quite finished yet, but the new shelter thingies are up now and it is starting to take shape. They seemed to clear the old one quite a while ago now, then nothing seemed to happen then all of a sudden it takes shape. Might be some interesting shots when it is fully finished.

Ears Lowered (347-366)

Went to get my hair cut today, doesn't happen too often. Whilst sitting at reception I noticed there was a cool reflection of the whole shop in the bauble on the ceiling. Luckily I had the IXUS on me so took a quick snap as I left. Horribly out of focus and you cant really tell what is going on :( but I tried! :p

Good to catch up with these again JL, I've not read your thread for a while. You obviously lead a very busy and eventful life.

The idea of turning it into a book sounds good to me.

In The Black (348-366)

Took a trip to Manchester this afternoon/evening to get some shots around the Christmas Markets. Usual story of too many shots and not enough time to processes them, may over Christmas! Anyway this shot caught my eye and I think it has worked quite well. A bit of processing to remove a few marks in the black behind her.

Grassington Again (349-366)

(Oops! missed this one in the bulk catchup yesterday)
Went upto Grassington again, got a bit bored of candid shots so decided to try and get a couple of posed group shots. This one has turned out quite well, might need a bit of work as there are some odd shadows and flares going on, it had just started to rain and I think I had a drop on my lens grrrr!

Grrr (350-366)

Have been printing a Calendar I made for the anniversary of the Village Church and School. This was going to be the first thing I could print in the new section of the office especially for printing (yay) but my old PC decided to die, and as I really didnt want to start messing around finding a different computer and installing printer drivers and software etc I moved all the printers into my office and got to sat with 5 printers chugging away all day. Wasnt fun, but meant I could keep and eye on them without moving :D

Calendar (351-366)

The first bound proof of the calendar I mentioned yesterday. We have recently purchased a wire binder and a thumb punch (to make the cut out in the top of each page) So it was fun trying these out and working out the best way to bind a calendar....it isn't as easy as I was expecting :( and VERY fiddly.

_________

Cut Cut, Snip Snip(352-366)

Spent a lot of today cutting the wholes in the calendar pages for the binding the the thumb punch cut out etc. My arms ache :(

IKEA (353-366)

Uh Oh! Luckily not me, but why it is not possible to go to IKEA without ending up with at least one bagful of stuff from the 'Marketplace' thingy :( Very naff photo but I was on my way to bed

Note To Self: Must Keep Tidy! (354-366)

I really should keep my office tidy! Not helped by having the printers in here. Too many boxes ARGH!

_________

Marooned Sheep (355-366)

These poor buggers managed to get themselves stuck on some high ground during the floods caused by the recent rail fall. One sheep at the back is checking out the wall as an escape route, while the others stare at the water waiting for someone to rescue them. God knows how they got there! Reported them to the local farm and the next time I went past they had gone, shame I missed how, but ah well.

_________

Happy Birthday To Me! (356-366)

Wow this is out of focus! It is my birthday today and have been over to my sisters to see her (and to pick up my present :) ) Here she is handing me my present, not sure what I can blame the softness on....erm.....sod it, its my birthday! I am allowed :p

Very nice JL, very nice indeed :)

Foggy Valley At Night
is a really good photo IMO

Cookie Monster!
hmm I'm hungry :LOL:

Tony

Foggy Valley At Night (334-366) Very good photograph, very atmospheric

Polyjesters (335-366) That's pretty cool, how big is the hall?

Where do these hide? (336-366) I would go though that within a week :LOL: :LOL:

Choo Choo! (337-366) Really like that photograph as well, what lens was this taken with?

Snow's Still Here (338-366) That is a beautiful photograph, like it :)

Happy Mum! (339-366)[/B] Cool photograph, more to the point does your mum like it?

Snow....erm...Rolls? (340-366) Hmmm, love it Just like chocolate :LOL:

Grassington Dickensian Festival 2008 (341-366) Really like that (y), was it cold that day? :LOL:

Winter Workshop (342-366) Good photograph (y) Looks like our town hall in our village

Focus Points (343-366) :LOL: how did you take that?

Last Big Job Before Chrimbo! (344-366) What are they? Are they DVD's you have made?

ARGH! (345-366) Oh ho

Skipton Bus Station (346-366) Will be good to see the finished produce, Good photograph

Ears Lowered (347-366) I spy a IXUS :) good photograph, are you always looking for photo opportunities?

In The Black (348-366) Another really nice photo, was it cropped at all?

Grrr (349-366) That's a lot of printers :LOL: are they w/networked or corded up?

Calendar (350-366) Nice one, take it that was out of the collection you was printing out in Grrr (349-366)

Cut Cut, Snip Snip(351-366) Cool, Bit out of focus isn't it? only joking

IKEA (352-366) Isn't IKEA shut down now? I spot a tea pot

Note To Self: Must Keep Tidy! (353-366) Oh Tom, that is such a messy room. You trying to compete with me? :cautious:

Marooned Sheep (354-366) Sheep Olympic Style Swimming :) They didn't qualify for the Olympics though :(

Happy Birthday To Me! (355-366) Happy late birthday Tom (y) what was inside the wrapping paper?

There is a proper thingy for you

Tony

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Dude, it's been great catching up on these (y)

Serious kudos for keeping it going too :)

As for that untidy office...I thought it was a different room at first, then I realised "Nope, I've sat there!" :p

345 - Get a mac :D

The Tree Is Up! (357-366)

It is tradition that the tree goes up on the evening of my birthday (and that it comes down the day before my mums at the beginning of Jan). It doesn't have a very long life in out house :( I think I am going to have to spend some time getting some nice shots of the tree, it was too dark just now. ISO 1600 = lots of noise in the shadows :(

Foggy Valley At Night (334-366) Very good photograph, very atmospheric

Thanks

Polyjesters (335-366) That's pretty cool, how big is the hall?

Not very big, I was about half way down

Where do these hide? (336-366) I would go though that within a week :LOL:

hehe, I think that is about a week for me too

Choo Choo! (337-366) Really like that photograph as well, what lens was this taken with?

Think that must have been my 70-200

Snow's Still Here (338-366) That is a beautiful photograph, like it

Cheers :)

Happy Mum! (339-366)[/B] Cool photograph, more to the point does your mum like it?

hehe, not sure she has seen it :p

Snow....erm...Rolls? (340-366) Hmmm, love it Just like chocolate

lol if you say so :)

Grassington Dickensian Festival 2008 (341-366) Really like that (y), was it cold that day?

Yeah it was a bit nippy :|

Winter Workshop (342-366) Good photograph (y) Looks like our town hall in our village

cool

Focus Points (343-366) how did you take that?

Good old IXUS on macro mode stuck in my eye piece ;)

Last Big Job Before Chrimbo! (344-366) What are they? Are they DVD's you have made?

Spot on (y)

ARGH! (345-366) Oh ho

:(

Skipton Bus Station (346-366) Will be good to see the finished produce, Good photograph

Cheers

Ears Lowered (347-366) I spy a IXUS :) good photograph, are you always looking for photo opportunities?

Pretty much, yeah! hehe

In The Black (348-366) Another really nice photo, was it cropped at all?

Nope, but about 200mm

Grrr (349-366) That's a lot of printers are they w/networked or corded up?

All plugged into my pc via usb2 hub

Calendar (350-366) Nice one, take it that was out of the collection you was printing out in Grrr (349-366)

Spot on ;)

Cut Cut, Snip Snip(351-366) Cool, Bit out of focus isn't it? only joking

Wouldn't suprise me, was one of the "Oh crap I need a photo and want to go to bed" type shots :p

IKEA (352-366) Isn't IKEA shut down now? I spot a tea pot

You thinking of Woolworths?

Note To Self: Must Keep Tidy! (353-366) Oh Tom, that is such a messy room. You trying to compete with me? :cautious:

hehe

Marooned Sheep (354-366) Sheep Olympic Style Swimming :) They didn't qualify for the Olympics though :(

lol

Happy Birthday To Me! (355-366) Happy late birthday Tom (y) what was inside the wrapping paper?

Two nice hoodies :) very cosy!

There is a proper thingy for you

Cheers mate!

Tony

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Same to you (y)

The Tree Is Up! (358-366) Argh noise, just joking can't really see it mate (y)

Our tree went up the day before yesterday :)

Tony

The Christmas Rush, Meadowhall (358-366)

Went to Medowhall (near Sheffield) today. It has become a bit of a tradition that me and my dad go there just before Christmas to get some last minute presents and visit the arcades. We haven't been for a few years, and it seems the Arcades have gone :( and the Christmas decorations didn't seem to be as good as they use to be! Was busy in some of the shops like HMV, but was fairly quiet in some places. I didn't have too long to get any shots, but got a few. This one looks a little flat so might have to give it some more work when I have chance :)

I really like that Tom, i had a little look at the spec list to see what settings you used to catch that photo so i can learn how to do them :). Did you use a cable release?

Tony

I like it too. Would have looked even nicer if it was busier though. Bloomin recession ruining our photos!

Did you not get accosted by a gorilla monkey security guard?

I really like that Tom, i had a little look at the spec list to see what settings you used to catch that photo so i can learn how to do them :). Did you use a cable release?

Tony

No cable release, no tripod. Just rested the camera on the hand rail and used the 2 second timer.

I like it too. Would have looked even nicer if it was busier though. Bloomin recession ruining our photos!

Did you not get accosted by a gorilla monkey security guard?

Yeah, if I had chance to wait around I could have probably waited for a busy bit. No hassle as they allow photography in there as long as you don't use a tripod, or so it said on the website. Emailed them to make sure too and they said 'no problem'

Craven Court at Christmas (359-366)

Following on from yesterdays shot, this is how busy Skipton was today, not very! Went to do a bit of last minute chrimbo shopping and to get some shots of what I thought might be a busy time in town. The high street was sort of busy, but this little arcade just off the high street was pretty quiet. Might try this again in the sales.

Excellent :D Nice to hear some places don't have a problem with photography :D

Back