My 366 - COMPLETED!! WOHOOO!!

ITS CHRISTMAAAAAS!!! (360-366)

Wohooo! Christmas Day! And a nice day it was too. Just me, my sis, mum and dad. My dad prepared a lovely meal as always, though it doesn't look much in this shot there was plenty and it was scrummy. Mushroom and Cashew Nut roast was the main item with plenty of veg, roasties, stuffing, chestnuts & his excellent homemade mushroom sauce mmmmm. They are now all sat upstairs watching Mama Mia, thank god I had this as an excuse :p

Hi Jimmy,
I've read your menu with the huge interest and realized thet non of yours meal was not preparing in Russia.
Could you, please, ask your father to drop me a line about cooking of a dish with mushrooms and Cashew?

Hi Jimmy,
I've read your menu with the huge interest and realized thet non of yours meal was not preparing in Russia.
Could you, please, ask your father to drop me a line about cooking of a dish with mushrooms and Cashew?

Hi elektro :) My dad cheated slightly with the mushroom and cashew dish. We bought it from Marks and Spencer (a clothing & food shop) They only sell it at Christmas, and I can't find it on their website. My dad use to make something special and different every Christmas but it always took all day and he has started running out of ideas, so we went for something from a shop instead :) I have found a recipe that seems to make something very similar - http://www.recipezaar.com/Layered-Cashew-and-Mushroom-Nut-Roast-244571 - We might have to have a go making it ourselves next year, or maybe just cheat again :p

Boxing Day Sunset (361-366)

I noticed that this evenings sunset was going to be a good one, not had a good sunset for ages! So I thought I would go hunt out a spot. I don't know why I am always amazed by how the sun always sets in a slightly different place. It is way off where I last saw a sunset, so had no real ideas for shots. I was driving along this road when I came over this brow and thought this needed a shot. Up went the tripod, quick shot, looked rubbish, bracketed shot by 2 stops either way still didn't look too good, highlights still blown, shadows still in darkness, so decided to try and do a 9 shot HDR...from 4 stops underexposed to 4 stops over. It still wasn't perfect as the sun was just too bright as was flaring like mad :( The colour alone made me like the shot though. This might go on the list of shots to have a go at re-processing. Not liking the big halo around the sun, looks a bit messy :(

I could have got a shot like that today, but was going up the beach so couldn't stop :D

I know what you mean about the halo but the amount of detail you have got in the hedges and road is spot on (y) If there wasn't so much glare there it maybe could have done a crop down so you can't see the top half (y)

Tony

Cookie Monster! (362-366)

Tried to make cookies again today, much more successfully than last time, seem the secret is using a food mixer and not doing it by hand. First batch (pictured above) which were just plain dairy milk came out perfectly. The second and third batch (dark chocolate and then Rolo) came out as a very sticky mix which made it hard to get onto the baking trays, but they cooked ok, but came out a little flat. They all seem to taste ok, if not a little boring. I always leave out the vanilla extract flavour as I really am not a fan, but it leaves them a little tasteless :(

Yay! Cookie success!
I'm not a huge fan of a strong vanilla taste, but I just put a couple of drops of cheapy flavouring in. Lifts it up a bit, and you can't really 'taste' it.
Someone on BD put peppermint in :D Although it didn't really work properly when I did it, they just tasted wierd (Still ate em all though).

BTW, You really look like your sister :D

Family Christmas Gathering Type Thingy (363-366)

Every year we have a family 'get-together' in the Summer and then one around Christmas, was today was the Christmas one, it was as good as always catching up on everyone's news, and more food than anyone could possibly eat. For some reason I didn't think to get a good 365 shot, you would think I would remember after almost doing this for a year, but no. Took plenty of shots, but mainly just of people arsing about or chatting, which really aren't that interesting. This shot sort of shows how it goes down though. Lots of mugs of tea or glasses of wine, Christmas crackers and people sat around talking. Noisy pic as I was shooitng 1600 earlier and didnt change it back :(

Skipton High Street At Christmas (364-366)

I tried to get something similar to this at the beginning of the year. I think it was day 2 of this 365. I thought I should go and try again, but still haven't got a shot I actually like that much :( The Christmas lights in Skipton aren't the most exciting and look a bit random when photographed. I tried to include some light trails to make it a bit more interesting, but it was bit dead by the time I had chance to go out this evening. I think I will have to try this at dusk when we next get a clear sky. I dont really have any shots of Skipton High Street that I like, maybe it is just something that is impossible to get an interesting photo of :p (or maybe I am just crap at this sort of shot)

Yeah, think I set the bar a bit high with that one Gazedd :(

Many Hands Make More Work! (365-366)

Today has been very boring! Rubbish weather so no chance of getting outside to get anything interesting :( I seem to have been stuck at my desk all day catching up with admin. I was planning on going up to the Hogmanay in Edinburgh again this year, even if it was just to get a good shot to round off my 366 but due to costs and the fact it will be a 20 hour day I have decided it really wasn't worth it, so have been trying to think of somewhere to go tomorrow night to get some shot, I have been trying to make my printer behave! clearing out my CF cards (mainly putting off doing other work), working on my website (which is supposed to go live on Jan 1st), working on my blog (again going live Jan 1st, to replace this 366), trying to get my dads mobile broadband modem work, chatting on irc and watching the QI Christmas special. It was such a fun day, I don't think! Anyway it gave me the idea for this photo :p

Wow JL !! Just one more to go.

Fantastic series, even the ones you're not too chuffed about are great. Well done for keeping it up.

Congrats on making it through JL. I've been following this thread for the best part of the year and many of your shots are very inspirational.

Hopefully you are in the habit to make it a 731 !!!

Thanks richmond and lucasthekopkat :D

WOHOOOOO! (366-366)

Possibly the worst picture of me ever! But then they are all pretty bad :p I had a fair few ideas for today's shots, all sort of metaphors like 'the final curtain' and blowing out the candles and other such stuff. But they all looked quite naff :( Someone on irc suggested a mosaic of shots, so decided to try and get all my 365 shots to spell out 366. Tried it by hand but it was insanely hard, so found some nifty software which did it for me :D Took a few attempts to get it right. I then had no idea how to include that in a photo so just for "me looking shocked at finishing my 366". Anyway! 366 over, and what fun it has been :| Few times I just felt like giving up, but stuck with it and now have a nice little collection of shots to remind me of a year of my life. I don't plan on doing another 365 next year (maybe another year in the future). Tomorrow, however, I begin my daily photoblog. Which will be similar to my 365 but will be shots from any time, and only what I consider my 'best' shot :) Feel free to drop by and say hello http://www.jimmylemon.co.uk

Many thanks to everyone who has commented on this during the last year, it has REALLY helped me carry on :D

Nice one Tom! Its been great watching your 366 unfold and looking forward to the blog!

Well done on completing the task Tom. Some very interesting ideas in this thread.

Congratulations Tom, completing this task is a major achievement, I don't think I'd have the staying power. Good luck with the photoblog.(y)

Well done Tom. I've been secretly following your '365 and now it's time for me to give you a pat on the back now that you've completed it. (y) :clap:
Incidentially, I'm now clean halfway through mine's! :D (I started mine's on the 1st July). :help:

Well done, must be a great feeling knowing its finished. i have watched this thread from day one and love every image taken, well done, and good luck with the photo blog, i have bookmarked it and will keep watching. (y)

Epic achievement.
Fantastic last shot too.
Well Done.
Dean:)

WOHOOOOO! (366-366)

Many thanks to everyone who has commented on this during the last year, it has REALLY helped me carry on :D

Well if congratulations were ever due they are overdue to you Tom... :clap:... :clap:... :clap:

Well done and serious R.E.S.P.E.C.T. is also due... ;)

Sorry I sort of let you down mid stream as it were but I have been popping by regularly if not actually commenting much recently... :shrug:

A superb effort and fantastic achievement Tom... (y) ... well done that man... :clap:

:p

FANTASTIC STUFF!!!!

your a real inspiration for all us newbies! Great selection of compositions all in one thread.

Thanks! (y)

HUGE congratulations for seeing it through. Even when you were on holiday :D

You've taken some absolutely stunning shots over the year mate, and your photography has improved dramatically. You've come a really long way in this past year.

While I've not commented on your thread as much as I'd have liked, I have tried to keep up throughout the year.

Take pride in what youve achieved (y)

Wow! What a superb accomplishment! Well done! Congrats! :)

well down jimmy (tom) you did an amazing job, the photos are stunning

Back