My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Name
Snipes
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive just watched this programme on Channel 4. Oh my goodness!! They do have some extravagant weddings!! Has anyone on here shot one (the wedding, not the Gypsy!) or was anyone on the programme, there were a few photographers on there!!!

ha ha ha we just watched it here too, hilarious... i do like the 'grabbing' seems a bit risky though XD

Quality TV .... and some quality talent .... :D

Should have posted my thread here perhaps? :| http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=289271

I have never shot a Gypsy wedding, but I'd like to. Despite the bad press they get, there culture is very interesting, a bit old fashion perhaps when it comes to sex equality, but if they are happy, who are we to interfere?

Should have posted my thread here perhaps? :| http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=289271

I have never shot a Gypsy wedding, but I'd like to. Despite the bad press they get, there culture is very interesting, a bit old fashion perhaps when it comes to sex equality, but if they are happy, who are we to interfere?

Yes, but from a fathers point of view, I would be more than happy if my girls were never on their own with a bloke until they were married!!! (preferably not even then!)

it was the blone one that was only 15 (that got grabbed) we were all sat there shouting Jail Bail at the TV XD

not looking forwards to watching next weeks, that one looks shocking!!!

whats this XD thing you have going on ??

my family know a gypsy family very (30 years + ) well i belive the romanian

a few years ago his mother was beaten up for money by some local lads from what he told me there were in the excess of 200 of them looking for these lads which is scary

just shows how much they look after each other

some of you may also know Hull Fair ( biggest traveling fair in europe) , run by gypsys a few years ago a friend of mine was working a local club the gypsy book it for the night , the sat outside eating pizza's and driking all free and paid by the gypsys , the only thing asked of them was to stay outside if there was a fight as it would be dealt with by them and if they went in all would turn on them , the stayed outside all night lol

cerrtainly would be intresting photographing one of there weddings , wouldnt like to make a cock up lol

my family know a gypsy family very (30 years + ) well i belive the romanian

a few years ago his mother was beaten up for money by some local lads from what he told me there were in the excess of 200 of them looking for these lads which is scary

just shows how much they look after each other

touch wood, there ok around here, allways polite and most are now moving to houses or buying up land for family to live on, never had any problems with them :)

i just find the show hilarious XD

Hmmmm I am very dubious about how much is true from what is said about the gypsy (opps travelling community) culture on these shows from what I know about them, thats all I will say :). Still good entertainment.

Last edited:
Why it did it take the groom an hour to find the hotel or church? ... When he had a Satnav stuck on the windscreen. :shrug:

They were probably back at that church a week later taking the lead off the roof!!

They were probably back at that church a week later taking the lead off the roof!!

meanwhile all us photographers were out there being paedophiles....or is that just a stupid stereotype?

To answer the first post in this thread. We had the privilege to have both filmed the wedding and also the photography. Joe and Swanley have done many gipsy wedding over the years. Always a hard day but they are always appreciative. Michael
Ashmore Video Productions and Ashmore Photography

touch wood, there ok around here, allways polite and most are now moving to houses or buying up land for family to live on, never had any problems with them :)

i just find the show hilarious XD

Yep. Buying up land and building houses and moving into them.

Great to see and I fully applaud that.:clap:

What might have been better tho, was that they didn't buy up Green Belt land and that they first obtained permission before going ahead.

Also, instead of costing the taxpayer millions, wouldn't it have been nice if they put there hands up, admitted that they had done wrong, and moved out when first ordered to.

Nice people, many of them, and a culture that is sadly fading (I'm from farming stock) but they are their own worst enemy sometimes.

I know a joke about gypsy weddings......

"A young pikey girl is sat with her mum the night before her wedding. Her mum says to her "I want to talk to you about your wedding night, your husband will want to put his most prized posession where you pee." The girl, looking shocked, turns to her mum and replies "why would he want to put his tarmacing rake in the sink ?"

Last edited:
Why it did it take the groom an hour to find the hotel or church? ... When he had a Satnav stuck on the windscreen. :shrug:

:thinking: Takes brains to work a Sat Nav and that is what these "so called" people lack.

Can't wait for next weeks programme should make for good viewing :LOL:

yeah, there are bad eggs in all of society, takes just a few to give a large number a bad reputation... i do think shows like this though make them a bit of a laughing stock...

I do completely agree with you but it makes me wonder why they have done a 2nd series. There was a fuss about the BBC making the people filmed for The Scheme a laughing stock but they are also getting to film a second series.

I thought the bride all trussed and made up waiting for the limo legs astride a chair and.... brushing her teeth... was class!

I'd liked to have known what the families of the fellow first communioners were wittering on about as the pink blancmange was dragging her dress up to the church.... poor lass.

Enjoyed watching an alternative side to life and thought some of their morals wouldn't go amiss in other walks of life.

I thought the bride all trussed and made up waiting for the limo legs astride a chair and.... brushing her teeth... was class!

I'd liked to have known what the families of the fellow first communioners were wittering on about as the pink blancmange was dragging her dress up to the church.... poor lass.

Enjoyed watching an alternative side to life and thought some of their morals wouldn't go amiss in other walks of life.

It all seemed a bit Jekyll and Hyde.

The "grabbing" thing goes against their normal no single contact with males.

Generally they don't seem to GAF about the rest of society but then they dress to impress and upstage everyone only to end up looking RT's and yes poor lass had her bubble burst when the others kids started laughing at her.

I wouldn't be too critical. I remember trying to get to a Holiday Inn in Birmingham. Post code was right, address was right, it kept telling me "You have reached your destination".

Problem was I was still stuck on the motorway, could see the hotel but had to drive about two miles, either way, to get to an exit :bang:

Back