My first pics

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Here are some of the pics i have taken since i got my new Kodak EasyShare C875 last week for my 15th birthday (Yippee)

Hope you like them:)

Common frog
000_0065.jpg

Cinibar moth caterpillar
000_0077.jpg

Daddy long-legs
000_0508.jpg

Dragon fly
000_0511.jpg

Spider
000_0627.jpg

Please tell me what you think:)

Cheers, Joemuz

nice shots joe looks like your having fun with your new camera!

not bad first efforts Joe, missed the focus on the Dragonfly (or whatever it is) as would normally aim for the eyes to be the focus point.

The frog would have been slightly better shot from a lower angle, and yes i realise that may mean laying on the floor :)

Not bad at all for a first go though :) keep it up practice makes perfect :)

well I think for first shots you have definitely shown us that you have an eye for a shot :)

not bad first efforts Joe, missed the focus on the Dragonfly (or whatever it is) as would normally aim for the eyes to be the focus point.

The frog would have been slightly better shot from a lower angle, and yes i realise that may mean laying on the floor :)

Not bad at all for a first go though :) keep it up practice makes perfect :)

Thanks for the comments everyone :)
I couldnt get any lower as there was a tree in the way, trees to the left, a pond to the right, and a fence right behind :shake:
Is this any better? I just went out and took it now.

000_0681.jpg

Cheers, Joemuz

The first two shots I would've gone in closer or cropped. Bit too much going on around them. 3rd one is lovely :) 4th one the focus was a bit missed. 5th one would've cropped the chainlinks out.

But aside from minor details, they're rather good, and you've definitely got an eye! Keep shooting :)

One other point I would also add to what everyone else has said is that all your shots have the main part of the image in the center of the photo.

Have a search for "Rule of thirds" on Google.

Take a look at this to give you an idea of what I mean ... Link

Keep on shooting ... :D

:canon:

Thanks a lot everyone.
One other point I would also add to what everyone else has said is that all your shots have the main part of the image in the center of the photo.

Is this a good thing or just a mistake, i always try to get the thing i am shooting in the center of the picture :)

Cheers, Joemuz

Hello! thanks for sharing your piccies! I like the daddy long legs and the spider best, a slight crop may show details a bit more but well done! Have fun with that new camera!!! (y)

You have a good eye for a picture and enjoy taking and sharing - long may it last and we all look forward to seeing more images from you. There are plenty of experts and do not be put off by any comments - they are all here to help us improve and enjoy our photographs more. If an image pleases you - its good, but it a lovely feeling to know others get pleasure as well from your efforts. Keep it up!

Back