My Homemade Lens Coat / Lens Sleeve

Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly let me start by saying it’s not camo because it’s not designed to hide the lens , just stop it from getting scratched or slobbered on

Very pleased with how my homemade lens coat / lens cover came out

Only thing I’m not happy with is the window for the AF switch which to be honest I didn’t really need , and in future won’t bother with.

Made out of waterproof material and can be used with or without lens cap

and cost me peanuts compared to buying a lens coat ( which aren’t made for my lenses anyway)
C4599A09-22F8-4950-A45D-65F293DC9F74.jpeg588F3FDA-E158-416B-B1DF-B8BC14362F9E.jpeg

A friend of mine used to chop up the arms of his old wetsuits and use them to protect them in his bag - very little sewing needed, although not something I’d do - potential for loose sand!

On the same theme, my daughter was throwing out a dress - bright orange with some thin neoprene on it. It’s in my box of potential projects to make lens bags.

I have a box of UFOs, unfinished objects [emoji3]

Well done but I don't think I would like to use that colour for my wildlife work. :LOL::LOL:

Cant say I have ever slobbered on my camera but each to their own. So where did you source the neoprene from assuming you didnt purchase it for the purpose

Back