My journey into the world of film...

I'm quite happy with doing the developing side of film, and sticking with scanning in the output - don't get me wrong - i'd still have a black and white wet-printing setup if i'd room in the house for it, but I get plenty of joy from the film-processing side of things :)

The price of darkroom gear is insane. A few weeks ago someone was selling a DeVere 5 x 4" enlarger with all the accessories down to 35mm, voltage regulators, the lot for £170! New it would have cost you about the price of a car.
My enlarger was bought from a bloke at the end of the road complete for 99p.

People are giving dark room kit away left right and centre! I bought the first lot of kit for £50 which included a microwave box full of paper etc etc and then I was given the next lot.

oh ! another thing I remembered - I have no spare room. anyway - if I give 35mm film to dev&scan it's 4.95 and the make 3000x2000 scans - fair enough for flickr and tp. 120 is the same price but 2000x2000 which is cheating imho. anyway I don't have a MF anymore, so nothing to worry about ! :)

Oooo, thats the paper developer mixed now too......

Going to try developing my first pictures tomorrow....

28705d1249474228-my-new-straight-razor-stand-44789.-thread-completely-useless-without-images-1-.jpg

Well my chemicals are waiting for me. Just have to work out what to do now.

Back