My model daughters!!

Edit My Images
Yes
The missus wanted some quick photos of our brand new daughter (3 weeks today) with Grace (2yrs).

I put them on our brown leather setee and used the light from the bay window on my left and used my 430EXII flash to bounce off the wall to the right to try and fill in some shadows.

I did a bit of burn in the background to take of the shine off the setee where the flash lit up too much, otherwise its as is :)

In the last picture, I am wondering iff I should crop out the missus' hand, am in two minds as I quite like the diagonal flow as well as the caring approach?
I could just crop it quite close to show only Grace and Jessica's faces??

This was my first attempt at portraiture so C&C most welcome.

Grace-Looking-Up.jpg

Grace,Dummy-and-Jess.jpg

Grace&Jess.jpg

aw they are so cute, one proud big sister there (y)

aw those days seem sooo long ago now! i like the 2nd one best, just like the way your eldest is looking down at her new sister!

Mate, that second one is fantastic!!

Only new to the photography game, so can't comment technically - but as a father I can say that second picture is just amazing. Cherish them - they grow up fast!!

I love how you refer to her as brand new, like shes a fridge or a TV :D

Nice set for the album, but I would certainly get rid of the dismembered hand in the last one, to me its not a "caring approach", its just a hand with no body ;)

Many thanks for all your kind comments - much appreciated:)

Betty - I think you might be right, I will play around and see if I can crop the hand out.

What lovely kids! I think #1 the whites look blown (although that could be my screen) and would have been improved if you could have got some light into the eyes of the elder one, maybe with a reflector? #2 is much better IMHO and I agree with the comments about the hand in #3. But that's protective mothers for you :).

Back