My new steed

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
A GT Zaskar Elite, picked it up about 1 hr ago but the weather is awfull to ride so......

_DSC0025-1.jpg

_DSC0015-2.jpg

_DSC0006-3.jpg

_DSC0023.jpg

That looks expensive DM, different league to my £60 jobby from Toys r us :D

I m jealous now, its sitting next to my ToysR us bike :(

Aye Alby its one penny off a grands worth of bike but with the works cycle scheme its only cost me £600 not a bad saving ......now wheres the sun gone:thinking:

Last edited:
My first proper mountain bike was a GT hardtail back in 1997. It was a brilliant bike. I still use it today for commuting and pub duties.

I now ride this for the proper stuff:

CanfieldSideApril09sm.jpg

Cool bike, the brakes look like the ones on llmy Trek, juicy 5s. I think you will need some mudgaurds, best thing I bought for mine.

Cool bike, the brakes look like the ones on llmy Trek, juicy 5s. I think you will need some mudgaurds, best thing I bought for mine.

Yup you are right the latest avid have to offer I do believe they are the juicy 5s but may be wrong......... but lets put it this way they aint bedded in right yet but stop on a tanner, they are the 2010 spec ones so update me on em if you can find owt out (y)

My first proper mountain bike was a GT hardtail back in 1997. It was a brilliant bike. I still use it today for commuting and pub duties.

I now ride this for the proper stuff:

CanfieldSideApril09sm.jpg

Nice but whats the weight of it with rear shock, is it air or fluid?.......nice bike though but a bit more than I could afford, even the frame(y)

Nice bikes.
I use to ride quite a bit.
Back in the day, i had a Funk frameset, Ringle qr's, Deore XT and was one of the first people to have Magura hydrolics.
This was then followed by a Klein Attitude,
Then a Cannondale FS.
I always say i couldnt beleive the amount of money i spent on bikes, and would never spend that sort of money on a hobby again.

Now!!!, is it going to be the Canon 7D or 1D3 + 300/2.8:LOL:
Dean:)

Nice bikes.
I use to ride quite a bit.
Back in the day, i had a Funk frameset, Ringle qr's, Deore XT and was one of the first people to have Magura hydrolics.
This was then followed by a Klein Attitude,
Then a Cannondale FS.
I always say i couldnt beleive the amount of money i spent on bikes, and would never spend that sort of money on a hobby again.

get a bike .........my hobby is making the D2X make money the bike is just an addon(y)

Now!!!, is it going to be the Canon 7D or 1D3 + 300/2.8:LOL:
Dean:)

Nice but whats the weight of it with rear shock, is it air or fluid?.......nice bike though but a bit more than I could afford, even the frame

It might be a wee bit heavier than yours at 40.1 pounds! Frame is one of 3 in the uk and cost £1900 frame only. Its 8" travel coil sprung front and rear with titanium springs to help keep the weight down. I like to think I use it well doing stuff like this:

Morzine2009018.jpg

(y)

im a little curious, what kind of weather are you looking for? i did a bit of mountain biking some years ago and the muddier the better, i thought it was all about getting out there and having a thrash.

I know if id bought a nice peice of kit like that id be straight out whatever!!!

with the greatest respect

you wuss!!!:LOL:

im a little curious, what kind of weather are you looking for? i did a bit of mountain biking some years ago and the muddier the better, i thought it was all about getting out there and having a thrash.

I know if id bought a nice peice of kit like that id be straight out whatever!!!

with the greatest respect

you wuss!!!:LOL:

I did take it out last night in the mini tornado and as funny as it is I felt quite fit to say I hadnt ridden a bike for nearly 20yrs .....look out mud:LOL:

I've had it a couple of years and my wife got it for me from ebay. She thinks it was about £18(From the USA) but can go upto £40 from here:(. I can't recommend it enough, I can service my bikes on a stand without going near a toolbox.

Love the Zaskars.... I'm still riding (when I actually get out on it) a 1999 GT Backwoods, although the only thing which is original is the frame.

I honestly cannot believe how light this is compared to my old 531 race bike 20 yrs ago, and will look into te multi tool looks like it could be a get out of trouble card

Whats wrong with them?

The position of the lever is adjusted by a small allen key located near the lever pivot, running approximatly parallel with the handlebars.

The pad wear is adjusted automaticly as the pads wear down.

The caliper alignment is adjusted by undoing the 2 allen bolts that hold the caliper to the bike/forks. The calipers have 'Tri-align' bolts, which have lots of spherical washers to let the caliper be adjusted in all directions. To adjust it you should undo the 2 bolts a little bit so they caliper can move around a bit, then hold the brake on and do the bolts back up. Avid brakes are always quite hard to get perfect and often take a bit of playing about with to get them rub free.

the lever is nearly touching the bars, I thought it was the very small allen bolt but havent got any that small so a trip to halfords in the morning is on the cards and the brakes only bind a fraction so will have a go using your method but it is new so some bedding in may be needed

also whats the advantage of using sintered pads or would this just wear the rotors out faster?

I haven't had a bike since BMX first came to the UK back in the day. Sold the BMX and bought a Hillman Imp...which turned out to be a step backwards :LOL:

_DSC0007-3.jpg

by the way my paperwork says they are juicy 5s but on the levers its three lol

Last edited:
Nice bike pete what id give to have a bike that didn't fall apart when I rode it lol lol

brakes now adjusted and functioning correctly with no binding at all

Oh, that's disappointing, I was expecting to see a pic of a lovely horse. :(

Lisa :LOL:

Back