My Whipsnade taster

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, a few of the animals, havent done them all yet, so you will have to wait for 'those' tiger shots, as I think I might use them for something else, but all these are either uncropped, or no more then 10% taken off for compositional purposes, levels and sharpened and shrunk for web, thats it.

1 - that lazy old brown bear

3185536980_70780cc230_o.jpg

2 - the poor shivering rockhoppers

3184692297_4ef07c6786_o.jpg

3 - both tigers and that blasted fence

3184692083_08a0c27e16_o.jpg

4 - Mara, making a huge effort to not look at me

3184691517_e23668e7db_o.jpg

5 - a wolf, and a couple more of these on my flickr if you interested

3184690543_a36c8f54f1_o.jpg

6 - How sad is this face?

3184689269_5b38282b2d_o.jpg

7 - It really did show its face lower down the tree, the Red Panda

3184687955_8281cd8c8f_o.jpg

Apart from the red and the chimp [sigma 50-150], all were shot with sigma 120-300 + 1.4TC stuck on the D300, all exif can be seen on the flickr images. PLenty more to follow ;)

TFL

Nice set, your rockhoppers have come out better than mine I think.

Nice set. Love the Rock Hoppers, maybe a little more saturation just to bring out the yellow ear feathers and red in their beaks.

Regards
Steve

That chimp shot is awesome..very powerfull..and sad as well.
Could title it "The prisoner"
Looks like you had a good day though..cracking shots(y)

Great set Yvonne :clap: Loving the two Rockhoppers, excellent capture. I do like the wolf too, I've never been able to get one as close as that

Thanks all. The rockhoppers are a miracle that the pic exists at all, the others will confirm, it was so misty down at the penguins, even when they were close the colours and detail were muted and greyish, had to really fiddle around with the levels to get it like that, but I wanted to as I just loved the way they are both looking across and looking sooo fed up :LOL:

Good selection Yvonne :clap:

Every shot is good but the chimp one is fantastic.

It's strange as you look beyond the fence that normally spoils this type of image into the chimps eyes.

Very good indeed.

Great set Yv, seen a few on your flickr as well(y). Damn it looked cold out there today.

Nice set , the chimp is a cracker really feel for him.

Those rock hoppers are sooo awesome! Fantastic set!

Wow really nice set - thing the frostyness set's them off!!! Well done :)

Back