weekly Mystic-cays 52's - Win Added C&C please:D

Name
Carly
Edit My Images
Yes
First time im doing this and have no idea what im doing.

Week 1 : Direction
Week 2 : Fear
Week 3 : sigh
Week 4 : sweet
Week 5 : Secure
Week 6 : Industry
Week 7 : Root
Week 8 : Homemade
Week 9 : Money
Week 10 :WIN
Week 11 :confused:hiny
Week 12 :Magical
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Im starting this on week ten so im a bit delayed :)

Last edited:
SAM_0001.jpg

This photo was taken in the West Park while i was with my niece-uninspired.

SAM_0414.jpg

This is a cook book i got for Christmas and i have only cooked a couple of things but also managed to give my boyfriend food poisoning.

SkeebyEdit.jpg

This is my Sigh. Skeeby is a car i found while on a drive to Leeds. He looks like he has been abandoned and he is sad and lonely. Kman edited it for me :D

Welcome and at least you have started Good luck with the rest.

A warm welcome have fun, some nice pics to start.

Wow, sigh is a beautiful shot! I really really love that!

Southdowns mine originally had alot going on really irritated me because i love this car.

SAM_0306.jpg

sweets.jpg

This was my snack on Saturday night :D im a little bit of a fatty :D

new to photoshop to so didn't know if i could get rid of the flash mark

xx

took this a while ago.
DocksDark.jpg

This is my take on root. i seen this when i went to Edinburgh Zoo and loved it :D

RootsEdit.jpg

homemade.jpg

I got a home made patchwork blanket for Christmas off my nan and really struggled to take a picture of it. So i put my cat Tobey on it and i think it worked.

My boyfriend gave me an idea so i convinced my aunty and her daughter to help me portray it.

Secure.jpg

That's lovely for secure; I really like the colour. Perfect interpretation!

You're going to have to slow down soon girl, or you'll put the rest of us to shame!

i was just catching up lol ... some are really uninspired lol :D

Money.jpg

I took a different spin on Money and chose the most expensive things i have :D

Hi Carly, welcome to the 52 and remember that you're here to learn and improve, by your own admission you're new to photography :)

Direction.
Fits the theme nicely and I like the black and white.

Fear.
I can see your reasoning with the interpretation added but only just.
Photo wise it's not well lit and I can barely tell what it actually is though.:thinking:

Sigh.
I love this one, very on theme and like the PP though it's a little heavy on the bush side of the image rendering it a little too dark.

Sweet
On theme but the flash ruins the shot plus not sure if you have deliberately desaturated the image too. Then you've got some random thing intruding into the frame on the bottom and top left?

Industry
Bang on theme, but the foregrounds losing a lot of detail in the dark and the whole image looks a little soft?

Root
I can see how the B&W works but again the whole image is a bit blurry?

Handmade
I like the idea but it's too tight a crop as you've cut the ears off the cat.

Secure
On theme and good interpretation, like the sepia on it too.

Money
Good interpretation but I honestly don't see anything in this shot that is actually in focus?

well done for jumping in with 2 feet and catching up but slow down a bit, remember this is YOUR challenge not a competition :) if you want to improve you need to try and think about what you're shooting;)

In the ones you've posted the 3 that do it for me in terms of theme and photo are no Direction, sigh and secure

But keep going the whole point is to show an improvement over the year

Thank you for the feedback ... I can openly and honestly admit I rushed some of the photos to catch up but now i an focus properly and maybe reshoot some :)

i had two attempts at this .. one in the sun which was spontaneous and rather random and the other was a more planned with a really poor backdrop :(

take 1
SAM_0522.jpg

take 2
SAM_0543.jpg

These two were taken at the Bradford Media Museum about 3 years ago :D i think they fit into the magical theme perfectly.

DSC00214.jpg

l_b2dc3ac260edd3f2c49299a4416e4bea.jpg

i had two attempts at this .. one in the sun which was spontaneous and rather random and the other was a more planned with a really poor backdrop :(

take 1
SAM_0522.jpg

take 2
SAM_0543.jpg

I can see where you were going with the first one, well done. I'd be tempted though to change it to black and white and reduce the exposure slightly. Don't know if you have access to the socket set again?

You've said it yourself on the second one, a naff background will absolutely ruin and otherwise good shot.

These two were taken at the Bradford Media Museum about 3 years ago :D i think they fit into the magical theme perfectly.

DSC00214.jpg

l_b2dc3ac260edd3f2c49299a4416e4bea.jpg

Certainly on theme but the red one is really garish colourwise.

The second's the better of the two.

Hi Carly,

Looks like your working really hard on these. Don't really want to add any more crit as I don't want you to get despondent, keep up the good work. Magical great interpretation of the theme.

Nice work (y)
Nick

Hey this weekend i did the Sport Relief Mile. I walked 3 miles and raised 50 pound for charity. I also got my first EVER medal :D so this is my Win photo :D

557321_10150619248092175_527682174_9687763_1636311054_n.jpg

i am working quite hard but i dont have photshop so im finding it harder :D really stuck on how to photograph my Vice prop :s

Certainly says win to me Carly(y)
It does look a little soft however, just missed the focus on this I feel.
Keep working hard though it will certainly come to you. Iain

i am working quite hard but i dont have photshop so im finding it harder :D really stuck on how to photograph my Vice prop :s

In the absence of photoshop, I would suggest downloading picasa from google. Its free and is a surprisingly useful little piece of software. There are others also, gimp is another free program. These are basic editing tools but will certainly get you started. HTH Iain

Hi Carly

Win sure says win to me...congrats on your medal :clap:

Just had a nosey back through your thread...cracking image for Industry...love the tones & bang on theme :clap:

As for photoshot....I use ( quite badly most of the time ) PSE10 but a lot of my stuff I run though Picnik which is free & a doddle to use .Sadly it's closing down next month but Picassa...also free has most of it's features & is also mega simple to use (y)

lacking inspiration lately guys too much going on , random builders in my house lol :D hopefully will be posting again soon

d3faaabe.jpg

This is entrance ... Taken on my iPhone 4 while I was on a wonder this morning :)

might go out this week and take some photos need to find something to inspire me .... seen a guy pull over at the side of a motorway last night to take a picture of the sunset.. wish i could get that inspired.

Hi Carly, just visiting here for the first time so I apologise and I'll jump in with Win as my phone reception is poor just now! It's a good catch with a nice clean background(y) It's just a shame the girl in the England top wasn't wearing sunglasses to avoid the squinting! But at least it was sunny for your mile:)

Back