weekly NCF15 52 for 2023 Week 52 Showcase

Love this Nick, such a warm moody shot. Very well done.

Gates - beautiful shot, lovely atmosphere. It makes me want to set my alarm and get up early....but I know I won't, so I'm glad you have lol.

Week 40 Memory
Public statues are all about keeping memories alive. This one is rather lost in shrubbery outside the National Museum of Wales. It is of Lord Ninian Crichton-Stewart, 2nd son of the 3rd Marquis of Bute, MP for Cardiff, Lieutenant Colonel Welch Regiment, killed in action age 32 in 1st World War. He is remembered by contemporary Cardiffians as giving his name to Cardiff City Football Clubs Stadium , Ninian Park where they played from 1910 to 2009. He was guarantor for the clubs building of the stadium so they named it after him. Their current stadium has a Ninian Stand.
Lord Ninian Crichton-Stewart by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

That’s a great story, so often a statue means nothing at all and it needs bringing to life. Nice picture btw

That's a lovely back story. He certainly does look a bit lost.

Lovely picture and back story. The colours of the statue fit with the background bushes and trees

Two good shots Nick, I especially like your Upright shot.

A lovely patch of light in the foreground and some glorious autumn colour.

Nicely spooked Nick :)

The spotlight on the cross was well spotted... very spooky!

Nice autumnal pano Nick :)

Beautiful colour. Still waiting for the trees to change around me.

Week 46 Walls
Not been able to get anywhere interesting this week so resorted to an old wall and some experimenting with photoshop presets which I am not sure really add anything.
_5ND5772-Edit.jpg

Walltastic :)

^^^^ that :)

Buy a red jacket for that pooch :D

Week 48 Arrows
Its that dog again. The alternative are some mock arrow slits in a local castle but they aren't really the focus of the picture.
R5-20231206-_5ND6070-Edit.jpg
R5-20231206-_5ND6052.jpg

It's all about the pooch :)

Autumn. I love the compostion and the patch of light leads the eye right into the image.
Arrows. Works very nicely for the theme.

Lovely aqua pooch! :p

Even wetter (for everyone else) when he gets out and shakes!

Got to love a dog swimming, or anything really.

Back