weekly NCF15 52 for 2023 Week 52 Showcase

Nice and sharp - good panning skills. Especially considering there may not be that many opportunities, and not at regular intervals either,

Great image Nick, it almost looks like a toy train.

Maybe not the most inspiring but I like the colours and the background interest.

Irregular. Good one for thinking outside the box.
Rubbish. It fits the bill and is more than just a shot of a discarded bottle.

Rubbish is not the most inspiring theme imo but quite like your picture, just one bit of rubbish with a bit of colour in the verge and background

Week 24 Sound
Being over here for the week it seemed silly not to use the local 'New Grimsby Sound'. A nice sunset light helped.
_5ND8167-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Lovely soft light on the foreground and an interesting sky. Nice one.

Week 25 Choice
Managed to get a picture of a common Dolphin from the ferry on the way back from the Scillies. Saw quite a few in the distance but only a couple got very briefly close enough for a photo.
Common Dolphin by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

Nice shot Nick :)

Sound, lovely calming shot of the castle and foreground rocks. Looks like a beautiful end to a lovely day!.

And the dolphon.. Yep - super shot of a rare beast. lovely timing to catch the splashes, and great sense of movement.

Quick eye to capture that one Nick, almost like you did it on porpoise... :D

Nice shot. The exposure captures the water enough to give it energy.

Sign of the times, I'm afraid.

Yup, there is always someone keeping a eye on us unfortunately.

Great idea for the theme - nice light, composition and wispy clouds in the sky!

Great submission Nick. Are the "blades" below the cameras to keep people from climbing the pole? Or just decorative?

Nice but yeah - bit of a shoehorn?

I'll leaf it at that :)

Still interesting shot. Lovely green colour and composition works. Liking the soft vignette, which I can't decide is added or actually is darker around the leafs in reality.

As its fresh I would say it was torn from the tree.. not surprising with the current winds here. Fits the bill.

Week 28 Unsightly
You could take this 2 ways depending upon your architectural prejudices , either the new hotel is unsightly compared to the victorian terrace of shops or the rather rundown old shops are unsightly compared to the new hotel.
IMG_20230715_105548189.jpg

I think the shops have seen better days, they do rather look ripe for demolition,

The shops for me are far more interesting photographically speaking than the rectangular hotel

The hotel for me too.. The shops could look great with a bit of tlc but the hotel never will improve!

Pleasing, interesting image, the juxtaposition of the old and the new is a clever spot. Good composition and control of the verticals too.

Nice shot Nick. Good to see some nice composition in insect photograophy too :)

I think that's a fantastic shot. Amazing detail in the eyes and the wing structure.

I might have been tempted to crop the left to remove the green, and take a little off the bottom to retain the ratio...

Lovely capture of the hoverfly Nick. I'm with Dave, I like the composition.

Back