weekly NCF15 52 for 2023 Week 52 Showcase

Nice one Nick :)

Catching up on my comments. Don't know where the time went...

Two really great shots Nick. I love the sharpness and the colours of your pretty shot and the texture in the windows shot is amazing.

Week 31 - Abandoned
Late posting as have been away. Abandoned lock on the old Glamorgan canal.
DSC00494.jpg

Last edited:
Two nice shots, particularly the instruments - great composition, warm colour and light

Lovely fly, those eyes just draw you in.
I also find the lighting on the guitars particularly nice.

Windows- lovely colours and texture
Abandoned, looks a great place for a walk
Possessions, quite a collection there with some nice warm colours

Nice geeetars pic!

Week 33 Machines
Bit late posting again, found these cherry pickers in the railway yard.
_5ND1128_DxO.jpg

Lovely Flying Scotsman toy :)

Impressive stack, perfectly executed and great oof background.

Nice Coaly Nick :)

Truly lovely circles shot Nick. Love the colours and the composition. Your bird shot is wonderful as well.

Week 36 Urban + Tech Motion Blur
I imagine there will be quite a few like this this week. Not sure I have got the blurred people add much but it gets the tech out of the way. Taken handheld at 0.3sec exp so pretty good IS.
Cardiff Library by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

Nice and colourful and great motion blur. There's plenty in there to keep the interest going. Nicely done

Yep that works. I'm planning something like that today but with a different method :)

I love this spot. It's a lovely shot and right on theme. I like the low down camera angle too.

Very well composed and taken for Urban.

That litltle Coal tit is super sharp!

And a really good technical display with the train, using the stacking. The effect of the blurred BG makes it look a little "false" maybe, as if it's been cut out and placed on a blurred BG. Can't fault the detail on the train though.

Your Urban is shot is quite good Nick and I like the minimalist feel of your Hollow shot.

Urban - a really interesting shot. I like the way the line of people lead the eye. Were they queuing for something?
Hollow - simple and effective.

Week 38 Solid
Not a very inspired this week so ended up with a of very solid Hamstone pillar and some garden colour.

_5ND4306_DxO.jpg

Solid stone pillar, tick. Nice textures, might look quite different in different lighting?

Lovely colours and a nice composition. Think I’d prefer the tallest tree to be kept in frame but it’s a minor niggle.

I like that :)

Lovely colours and light for the gate shot. Must start taking a camera when walking the dogs and maybe get up a bit earlier

Back