weekly NCF15 52 for 2023 Week 52 Showcase

Good shot that you chose. Love a bit of industrial archaeology.

Some lovely shots and great skies... gloomy can be good! Lovely leading line into the valley for your chosen shot. My preference would be #3 for the lovely patch of light and mysterious sky.

I really like the one that you chose Nick.
I'm a sucker for industrial landscapes and this is a good one.

I really like the colours in the cooper mines and the hdr style of the last one with the chimney.

First one for me followed by second picture. Think the pylons lead you into the picture, thougt it was a picture from America not North Wales.
Second picture has a bit of mystery/ history about it, light is very nice on the tower picture as well

I guess there was maybe perhaps could have been a knob on the end of the shoehorn? :D

Nice pic anyway :)

Sounds like @-Oy- is suggesting you may have not met the theme completely there.. :p

Lovely shot anyway, nice and sharp and light on the post, great light on the scene in the BG too

Week 7 Letters
Was going to use this door knob for last week but just as well I didn't.
_5ND2404.jpg

Very clean and on theme letters shot, love the strong colour, makes the shot. Good composition.

Well spotted, that works very well.

PS Your link in the main thread isn't working.

Nice door colour and patina, looks as though it has seen a few letters over the years.

Yep letters and a letterbox crop. Nice one :)

Couldn;t be more on theme!

Blue and gold work well - good spot

Letters with a letterbox, you couldn't get more on theme. I really like the blue too.

Knob.. shoehorn perhaps but a very nice shot.
Letters - that's a lovely letterbox and great colour. The aspect ratiio is perfect :D

A nice simple image, love the colours and really good for the theme. well spotted

Nicely lit. Is there a reason one it taller than the other?

Very nicely done, nice and bright infinity curve. Light soft shadows coming off each of them is really nice. Nice grain showing through.

Managing some comment catch-up!

Snappers Choice - Nice tones in the pylons image, although I do like the tower image with the leading lines and an interesting sky.

Knob - The sharpness on the post is impressive.

Letters - I can't work out the scale but thinking you have to answer the door for parcels that would normally fit through a standard letter box. It does appear narrow.

Kitchen - Nice set of condiment dispensers, have they been made on a lathe?

Week 9 Broken & technique
Derelict dinghy in the boat park seemed appropriate and was a reasonable subject for B&W conversion to get that out of the way.
Boat by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

Good angle. Looks good in B/W.

I would be tempted to crop some off the rhs.

I like the close crop and compostion to remove what looks like a pretty unattractive background. Great for mono conversion too.

Nice image Nick, I like how you've handled the b&w processing.

Week 10 Full
Full flow on the Taff. Rx100 resting on a fence post and using the intrernal ND filter to get a long enough exposure.
Radyr Weir by Nick Dallimore, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice exposure length. Good composition with the expanse of water in the foreground. I'd like a bit more sky, just to get the tops of the trees in

Nice shot Nick. Funnily enough I was down at the weir at Pontcanna this morning, but didn't have my proper camera with me, - I think the flow has subsided a bit in the last 24 hrs...
IMG_3046.jpeg

Great shot.. the exposure works perfectly so there is texture and movement in the water.

Looks chilly.

The edges of the rocks in the bottom right look a bit odd, like they've been photoshopped in, although I very much doubt they were. Probably an effect of the long exposure of the water.

Yes don't know why the stone looks like that, the only thing photoshopped out were a load of intrusive new railway electrification pylons in the background.

Nice patterns Nick :)

Back