weekly NCF15s 52 for 2022 Week 52 Showcase

Autumnal. Great image... the light on the birches is lovely.
Snappers choice. All good shots but I do like the juxtaposition of the woodland and graffiti - #4 is my favourite.

Good set Nick, I can see why you went with #1 but, for me, #4 looking up the trail is the best image from the point of view of composition and colour.

Trolley in the river, habitat destruction, spot on theme, makes you think just “why?”

Both Trolley and Tree work, but the trolley has that question. The colours work better in my mind on the trolley as well

Pete

Lots of confusion in those power lines, hope they don't get crossed.

Nice colours in the last 2 shots

The log shot is definitely the better image in my opinion Nick and I think that it would have been suitable from the perspective of the destructive forces of nature...

Both nice takes on the theme Nick. Trolley works well but the log shot is lovely as a standalone photo

Nicely shot. Simple and effective, and I like the offset composition too.

I agree with Simon on composition. It’s nicely placed in the frame and the black background works well.

Last edited:
Love this Nick, it has a lot of curves in there as well.

Clever stuffs!

Makes me think of the Sipograph kits we would get for Christmas.

Ornament: Simple yes, but also very effective.
Curves: Very creative and nice take on the theme.

Very pretty and clever.

I like your chosen shot best - it reminds me of a cat ( a Weeble one - if anyone remembers the Weebles? They wobble but they don't fall down? Shall I get my coat? ) Also reminds me of lissajous figures.... I'll definitely get my coat.... :exit:

Week 49 Tool
Put this old fork beside our bird feeder but still took a while before a Robin perched on it. Fortunately I took it through a window so didn't have to freeze.
_5ND5143_DxO.jpg

Cracking shot Nick.

All our windows have lead diamonds on them which makes that kind of shot difficult for me.

Pete

Week 50 Construction
Another tricky week. Eventually went for this rail electrification site I pass walking the dog. Taken through a wire fence which constrained the composition a fair bit.
DSC09851.jpg

Thats an impressive bit of kit. Colours pop nicely against the blue sky and foreground details retained. Nice photo

Two good Images Nick.

Just the right colour in the sky and The christmassy link is there.

I prefer the 2nd image, but it is slightly less christmassy, but is more colourful and interesting.

Merry Christmas Nick

Pete

Last edited:
Back