need suggestions for a really good 35mm lens

zorki

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I have a canon 50 1.4 in ltm mount which I love, and i'm tempted to pick up a 35/40mm lens too, but not really sure what to look out for, budget isn't really a concern as long as it's not leica summilux prices

would like it to be in leica m mount or ltm

looking at rokkor 40mm f2, canon 35 ltm, or anything else

I bought the 35mm voigtlander 1.2 but it's too big and heavy, I then bought the 1.4 but it's too small and I don't think I like the focussing tab

edit: it has to be f2 or faster

Canon made a 35mm f/2 and f/1.8 with LTM, there are a couple of examples on the bay. I've got the f/2 but haven't used it enough to give you sample shots. Some of the Arundel pics on my flickr were taken with it but I didn't make notes of which ones.

The f/2 is quite small though. I don't know the relative size of the f/1.8.

Are these lenses for a digi camera as one film camera doesn't have interchangeable mounts for different makes of lenses...just adapters for some. Also 2nd the FD Canon 35mm f2 as a very good lens

Last edited:
I have the Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm f/2, and like it a lot (after an initial period of getting used to it). However, I suspect it's smaller than the Voigt 40mm f/1.4...

I have the Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm f/2, and like it a lot (after an initial period of getting used to it). However, I suspect it's smaller than the Voigt 40mm f/1.4...

maybe it's not a size thing, but the focus ring is so small and I don't like the focus tab- the 40mm f2 might be similar in shape/construction

cameras i'd use it on would be the sony a7 with leica m and ltm adapters, and a zorki ltm mount, although I don't shoot all that much film these days...was trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone but considering the price of vintage 35mm lenses compared to 50mm (example I paid about £20 for my jupiter 8 f2, and about £150 for my 50mm)

all I really want is for sony to make an E mount f2 lens, then I'll probably use digital exclusively

I think i'll make a post in the equipment forum rather than 'film', I guess I though that there might be a hidden russian gem or something someone could tell me about ha!

theres only a couple of russian sub 50mm lenses, the best i guess is the 35mm 2.8 but that has a huge rear element that kills compatability

theres some zeiss 35mm lenses

sigma dp2 would give you 42mm equiv but 2.8 and crop sensor and another system

***I think i'll make a post in the equipment forum rather than 'film', I guess I though that there might be a hidden russian gem or something someone could tell me about ha!***

Best to go to http://forum.mflenses.com/ it's a forum mainly about lenses and very digital :(

Back