Nespresso......

Might as well just get an espresso machine and do the job right.
Surely the convenience of pod machines is NOT having to fill anything with coffee?

an option for those who went the pod route and realised it wasnt what they hoped for. In the case of this machine (it was someone i used to visit a lot, but not any more), we bought various lovely sounding 'cups' of various kinds but none of them really lived up to what they said on the tin and in the end, buying a cheaper supply of a nice ground coffee made a much better cup of coffee. They didnt want to spend out on another machine so it was a compromise.

Might as well just get an espresso machine and do the job right.
Surely the convenience of pod machines is NOT having to fill anything with coffee?
Yes, indeed. That is why I'm looking to switch...

Wow, i don't check in for a few days due to things tripping me up and a simple thread about coffee machines hits 4 pages........ :D

I'm still doing the research on these, but in the interim i bought a milk frother thing and some more senseo pods. Not quite what i'm after but it didn't cost me 750 quid either !!!!!!!!!!!

:)

And the first thing you do is break the forum!!! :p

Naughty Admin! :sneaky:

I know, I've been getting javascript errors on screen.

I think i'm going to go back to having bits of jaw and teeth removed, it's easier :D

@DeadpanDodo my favourite beans are Taylors Lazy Sunday, although rich italian was good too when i had a sample of the ground, but lazy sunday i feel like i could eat with a spoon! Lavazza is the coffee my local shop switched to and i wasnt impressed. whats the maintanence like on your machine?

Gaggia is now owned by Philips, and the latest "Classic" machines are actually assembled in Romania, but don't let that put you off. Built like a tank, and spares are readily available so no worries should a thermostat go, or a switch burn out. Be warned that they have dumbed down the machine a bit with a pressurised filter insert and a plastic "turbo" frother. Bin both. Non-pressurised filters are available for about a fiver and the plastic turbo frother can be replaced with a proper metal frothing wand (from a Rancilio Silvia) for about £15. Not missed a beat in about 4 years. Expect it to last another 40! Cleaned regularly. Descaled about once every 6 months. That is the only maintenance it needs.

The Rancillio Rocky grinder barely even gets a clean. Again not had a single issue in 4 years.

Back