New DVD loan thread, not just Studio/Lighting also General Photographic Titles too!

DVDs arrived will open them and start watching this week :) pm sent to kelack

Ts & Cs read and accepted and pm received from Adam

Can I suggest that with the Christmas post the DVDs are posted after the Christmas Bank Holidays (circa 27th or 28th), I realise this is a busy time for all and with so few left on the list it does not seem too much of an issue to stretch the watching time to 21 days rather than the 2 weeks currently in position.

I have updated the list and it is looking quite small now. Just a few members left to watch, after that it looks like the DVDs may be returning home:

The Titles available in the box are:

Zach Arias One Light Workshop (2 DVD set)
Professional studio lighting DVD product photography with Mike Fieldhouse
Professional studio lighting DVD lighting masterclass with Jon Gray
Charlie Waite's Travelling Light Photography Masterclass
Location Lighting with Drew Gardner
Introduction to Photography with Karl Taylor
Advanced Digital SLR Photography with Karl Taylor
Travel & Landscape Photography with Karl Taylor
Ansel Adams American Experience

All the Original DVDs will have a backup with them. Please use the Backup to watch and if damaged please create a new one to pass on with the original.

There are going to have to be some changes to the conditions for borrowing these DVDs now as they now run into considerably more than that offered as recompense if lost by the Royal Mail under their Recorded Delivery service. If anyone from the previous list (I have imported over) feels that the cost of sending by Royal Mail Special Delivery is too expensive then please let me know so that I can remove your name from the list. I realise that it will cost £11.00 to post but you will have to decide yourselves if you feel that the loan would be worth that to you.

The New Conditions for the borrowing of this collection of DVDs for a 14 day period are:

1) In order to qualify you must have been a member for a minimum of 3 months and have made 100 posts

2) The DVDs must be forwarded on to the next in line by Royal Mail Special Delivery and insured for £350.

3) You MUST post in the thread when you have received the DVDs and that YOU have PM'd the next in the list, your 14 days will start from then.

4) You must PM the next in line for their address on the day you receive the DVDs with the requirement for them to post in the thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs), this will allow them a reasonable amount of time to respond. If you have not had a response by the 10th day of your loan period, you may then contact the next in line, which again will give them a few days to respond.

5) After posting by Royal Mail Special Delivery to the next recipient please post that this has been done in the thread.

6) If you have a DVD that you no longer require and wish to add to the 'pot' it must be an Original in it's box but please stick in a backup in with it. Thus the backup can be used and the Original kept good for both Copyright issues and to enable future backups to be made and the Original's safe return to the owner if required.

List as of the 07th December 2013:

kelack
scooch
madferrit
Ferj

I'm happy with that Ed, I don't mind them being sent to me a week later. It makes things a bit easier for Adam

DVD's posted to Kelack RMSD this evening after last post so will now be there Thursday morning, Kelack has been sent a PM to confirm this too :)

I've now received the dvds and have pm'd Scooch :)

Scooch has dropped out so I've pm'd Madferrit as next in the list

Ts & Cs read and accepted and PM received from kelack

I have updated the list and it is looking quite small now. Just a few members left to watch, after that it looks like the DVDs may be returning home:

All the Original DVDs will have a backup with them. Please use the Backup to watch and if damaged please create a new one to pass on with the original.

There are going to have to be some changes to the conditions for borrowing these DVDs now as they now run into considerably more than that offered as recompense if lost by the Royal Mail under their Recorded Delivery service. If anyone from the previous list (I have imported over) feels that the cost of sending by Royal Mail Special Delivery is too expensive then please let me know so that I can remove your name from the list. I realise that it will cost £11.00 to post but you will have to decide yourselves if you feel that the loan would be worth that to you.

The New Conditions for the borrowing of this collection of DVDs for a 14 day period are:

1) In order to qualify you must have been a member for a minimum of 3 months and have made 100 posts

2) The DVDs must be forwarded on to the next in line by Royal Mail Special Delivery and insured for £350.

3) You MUST post in the thread when you have received the DVDs and that YOU have PM'd the next in the list, your 14 days will start from then.

4) You must PM the next in line for their address on the day you receive the DVDs with the requirement for them to post in the thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs), this will allow them a reasonable amount of time to respond. If you have not had a response by the 10th day of your loan period, you may then contact the next in line, which again will give them a few days to respond.

5) After posting by Royal Mail Special Delivery to the next recipient please post that this has been done in the thread.

6) If you have a DVD that you no longer require and wish to add to the 'pot' it must be an Original in it's box but please stick in a backup in with it. Thus the backup can be used and the Original kept good for both Copyright issues and to enable future backups to be made and the Original's safe return to the owner if required.

List as of the 14th January 2014:

madferrit
Ferj
yamahatdm900
JayB
kelack

Last edited:
Can you add me back to the list please. I had hardly any time this last fortnight and they are still wrapped up from when Adam sent them to me :LOL:

Kelly, if madferrit is happy to wait a couple of weeks then you can hold on to them, otherwise it will cost you double the postage.

I am happy to hold on till I get them. There is no rush on my part.

They're already winging their way to you :)

I don't feel happy by holding it all up, I'm happy to be tacked on the end again :)

I've asked madferrit to post in thread that he's received the dvds. According to the tracking, they were delivered on Tuesday

Sorry, been away from the forum. DVD's received. Thank you. I'll get watching now!

Sent a message to Ferj to request his address. Ready to post onto the next participant.

Can't wait to view these. A Few I'm looking forward to. Need to set a few days aside to watch them lol.

Another one to add to the list please!

Posted this morning. Due to illness and bad weather wasn't able to post earlier. Sending PM to Ferj with details of tracking number.

List as of the 13th February 2014:

Ferj
yamahatdm900
JayB
kelack
PistolPeteUK
Bythesea

DVD's recieved today. The one light is broken - (it looks old!) so will replace - don't believe this is damage through post or previous viewers, just an old well used case and I'll replace a couple of the plastic sleeves too. Better get watching :)

Further to my last, gone to watch the Jon Grays Lighting Masterclass the backup works fine but the original is damaged - has a crack?!? Will create a second backup!

Dvds posted & tracking ref pmd to yamahadm900 I've replaced the one light dvd case but couldn't create a backup of the lighting masterclass think I needed some different software?

Much appreciated for the use of these they were really informative!

PM replied to, T & C read and accepted.

DVD's received yesterday. PM'ed kelack for address details.

PM replied to and Ts &Cs read and accepted

DVD's posted yesterday and tracking number sent to Kelack. Thanks for these, they were brill, Replaced the backup of Travel & Landscape Photography with Karl Taylor as it wouldn't work in my dvd player or PC.

DVDs received and pm sent to PistolPeteUK asking to confirm Ts & Cs and give me his address

I've just pm'd Pete, I completely lost track of the weeks. I'm sorry for holding it all up, the dvds will be in the post tomorrow. Apologies again everyone

PM replied to and T&Cs read and accepted.

Back