New member cheddleton north staffs

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everybody, been quite seriously ill the past year with kidney cancer on my only kidney and spine surgery to sort partial paralysis out. Looking for inspiration to get me out shooting again. Sony shooter, converted from dslr to compact system some time ago. Like architecture, landscape photography the best but have had a go at most things past 10 yrs. Didn't really get photography seriously until late 40's I am now 57. Anyway enough rambling! I have plotted my location on the map page as well.

Hi Dennis, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy".

Hi Dennis, I hope the health keeps on improving, and a very warm welcome to you.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

:):) thanks! getting better every week, but it did knock the stuffing out of me being so ill so suddenly. I will have a look round at the links supplied.

********WELCOME*******

from SW Scotland

I had a complete nephrectomy on my right side about 20years ago -- so far so good..(y)

hope you're able to get out shooting as much as you want..............take it easy ..!

and post your landscape shots

********WELCOME*******

from SW Scotland

I had a complete nephrectomy on my right side about 20years ago -- so far so good..(y)

hope you're able to get out shooting as much as you want..............take it easy ..!

and post your landscape shots

Hello and thanks, lost my right kidney at birth, had a 42mm tumour removed off the left one last October. Followed by 2 vertebrae removed in my neck and a cage put in February. Just had my first clear scan and my half a kidney working well. I am now 5st lighter and feel quite fit considering. But hardly picked My camera up for a year. Cancer is very isolating so hopefully chatting to you guys will help me get my motivation back.

.........................I am now 5st lighter and feel quite fit considering. But hardly picked My camera up for a year. Cancer is very isolating so hopefully chatting to you guys will help me get my motivation back.

5st..? = silver lining.......:)
I've had a rough couple years with Cyclothymia (google it.) and ignored the camera for many years

but TP has helped me get back in the frame (groan)
I live alone in a rural farm cottage - often need motivation to get-out n' about with a camera
so even started some B&W film stuff again ....... downside is surfng the 'Classifieds' here .....just bought a D90 here...:clap:

anyway I have lotsa posts - mostly chat rather than tech assistance
so if you fancy a chat - I'm here most nights till stupid o'clock

john

5st..? = silver lining.......:)
I've had a rough couple years with Cyclothymia (google it.) and ignored the camera for many years

but TP has helped me get back in the frame (groan)
I live alone in a rural farm cottage - often need motivation to get-out n' about with a camera
so even started some B&W film stuff again ....... downside is surfng the 'Classifieds' here .....just bought a D90 here...:clap:

anyway I have lotsa posts - mostly chat rather than tech assistance
so if you fancy a chat - I'm here most nights till stupid o'clock

john

Thanks John

The weight loss was deliberate, chemo doesn't work with kidney cancer. Once I was told being very overweight caused or contributed to it and would cause complications I changed my attitude to diet and fitness. You can't make a big engine work with a very small filter was the consultants explanation.

I will Google it!

Dennis

Hi Dennis :welcome:

I wish you well ;)

Hi Dennis and a warm welcome to TP.
Hope you enjoy yourself here :) and get the inspiration your after (y)

Back