New Old Digital Challenge - Discussion Thread

I was going to do a pic, but I messed up. I re-edited it before I realised thats not in the rules. Dohhhh! :( I'll look for a different pic tomorrow if I get time.

It is a really difficult choice to pick just 3. Hopefully we'll get plenty of voters joining in though

I need at least three more votes -- such high quality pictures!

A clear win there for @Peter123 , well done. Excellent image, and thanks to everyone for joining in and for voting. I'm also personally grateful to get so Many votes for my effort,. thank you to those who voted for it.
Peter, let me know what theme you want to propose by PM and I'll set up the thread in due course.

New theme agreed with Peter, I'll post it sometime over the weekend - tba

Another difficult 1 to vote for again could easily have voted for more

Well done @ajophotog for a clear winner despite some excellent competition for votes.

Over to you Alby for a new theme - PM me your ideas when you have something.
(Sorry this was a bit delayed, I had a busy morning)

Thanks, looking back over my old photos I think my photography skills are now going backwards.

We have a new theme provided by Alby. I'll set up the thread shortly.

Apologies for being late with the poll on the latest new old challenge. I've just posted it though, with a notice as well. Some great entries so I think difficult choices. Well done all

I did not enter this last one as I was going to use an unprocessed raw file and the rules state that is not allowed.
I have thousand of raw files which I can not enter as I no longer use Lightroom and so lost any processing which I may have done.
I would have thought that processing to use newer better software (even light room) would be a good idea, what do others think

I did not enter this last one as I was going to use an unprocessed raw file and the rules state that is not allowed.
I have thousand of raw files which I can not enter as I no longer use Lightroom and so lost any processing which I may have done.
I would have thought that processing to use newer better software (even light room) would be a good idea, what do others think

Reprocessing for the entry rather undoes the point of the 'compo' - pictures taken and processed before the theme was selected.

If you still have legacy lightroom doesn't it show you the processed images but not allow further editing?

As Toni said, the rule is there to avoid creating a new image for the New Old challenge.
I do appreciate the issue, but can't see a way around it whilst remaining fair to everyone else.

Well done @TimHughes - you're on a winning streak at the moment! Close run thing though, so well done all.
Tim, PM me your idea for a new theme. After posting it, it'll be up for probably 3 weeks for entries as I'll be moving house in 10 days time so somewhat distracted (more than I already am)!

Well done @TimHughes - you're on a winning streak at the moment! Close run thing though, so well done all.
Tim, PM me your idea for a new theme. After posting it, it'll be up for probably 3 weeks for entries as I'll be moving house in 10 days time so somewhat distracted (more than I already am)!

Great shot Tim, congrats on the win.

Thank you! @lindsay I've shared a couple of ideas for the next one by PM. Good luck with the move, I hope all goes smoothly!

PS I remember the shot well as the gear had the worst condensation I'd experienced coming from the air-conditioned indoors to the hot and humid outside. Condensation everywhere! It took about 45 minutes or more to clear.

New theme agreed, I'll post it tomorrow

The new challenge is up and open for entries. "Unlucky" is the theme, which could be literally or imaginatively interpreted.

I haven't had much luck with this one, I couldn't find anything in my Lightroom catalogue that I could shoe horn in.

I remembered I had another 6,000 images in another catalogue and found something...

Well done @TimHughes with the winner this time, Sorry I'm a bit late following up, it's a bit fraught here following the house move to Northern Ireland and additionally covering the 52 for the time being. Let me know your thoughts for the next theme please Tim.

We have a new theme chosen again by Tim, "Spring", which hopefully will be relatively easy for people to find something to match to in the archives.

I'm did have something that I took earlier in the month as an option for the DPOTY Nifty Fifty challenge, but I thought I'd use one genuinely from the archives.

Back