New Old Digital Challenge - Discussion Thread

Well done Toni @ancient_mariner , over to you to think up the next theme please - something that will pull in more entries hopefully. Let me know by PM and whether you will create the thread or want me to do so.

New theme will be posted in a couple of days

Interesting results. So @ajophotog and @Peter123 jointly get to decide the next theme. Please PM me with your suggestions and we'll have a 3-way conversation about it.
Well done to all who took part.

I will miss this one, as going on holiday for 2 weeks early tomorrow, so no access to my old photos.

Good luck to those that do enter

You never know Pete, we might not start it for a few days yet so you might squeeze something in at the end!

As tempting as it was to use my "Structure" photo from the other competition, I went for one that I had shared with someone else earlier, as I felt that it was more in keeping with the spirit of this competition.

It's not a thing I've actually tended to shoot either, although not for any particular reason, except for once aeons ago on holiday in Ibiza in a 110 film camera! Another note to sel;f to grab a few for the archives, as you never know when it might be worth having.

We have a winner, @rpn scored highest although it was a close thing for quite a while.
So Stan, please let me have your idea for a theme in the coming days.

Oh cheers Stan, drop me in it why don't you!
Right, thinking cap on and I'll post a new one tomorrow.

Reactions: rpn
After the Sycamore Gap tree was felled, I thought "Lone tree" might be a good theme for something like this.

I had been pondering something along those lines, and happened to recall a Laurel & Hardy song earlier, so look for the new thread shortly...

I'll have to look up the song - my entry may have been motivated by my current view:

IMG_5814 Medium.jpeg

We've got that John Lewis lamp too!

@ajophotog Congratulations Alby, a good winner, but there were a number of close challengers. Over to you to identify a theme for the next one, please PM me with your ideas

Well Dione @rpn , a worthy winner, although there were some excellent images in the challenge. I even got a few votes myself!
So over to you Stan for the next theme - please PM me with your thoughts

Thanks for the reminder @lindsay I was on my other computer, which doesn't have Lightroom when I saw the new thread, then forgot about it. I have put in my submission.

Just as a clarification in case of doubt: processing a raw file into a jpg for upload is not against the rules.

I like this Reflections subject, as I really like pictures with reflections. :) I was spoilt for choice as to what to enter, which made it a bit harder to choose. I have some reflections that are like mirrors on very calm water, but went for something a bit different. ;)

Last edited:
Well done Alby @ajophotog for winning the latest New Old Digital challenge by a country mile! Excellent image by you, although I must say there were some crackers submitted.
Please let me know when you've thought of a new theme for the next one.

Just about to launch it....

Looked back and all I have for "festive" is family snapshots, possibly the cold weather prevents anything more for me.
Except for one I just remembered :)

Well done @seaodyssey Pete, a runaway winner in the latest challenge. It was a shame there were so few entries, but maybe people were too busy being festive to explore their archives.
Over to you Pete to choose the next theme - PM me whenever you've come up with something. As we have several other challenges kicking off, we'll see if people have the time to continue this one as well?

The new challenge is up: Trees, a fairly easy one to search for in your archives, even I can enter this one with my limited back catalogue!

Back