New Old Film Challenge #100 - 'Landmark' - Entries.

Pick yer three favourites

• FishyFish

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • dmb

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • simon ess

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • BADGER.BRAD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jao

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • wontolla

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • ChrisR

• Peter B

• medwaygreen

• Mr Badger

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • excalibur2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ariel7515

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
We're now on the 100th New Old Film Challenge, which quite an achievement!

To celebrate this landmark moment, we've decided that LANDMARK will be the theme. How you interpret this is up to you, whether it's an important milestone in your life, historic points in history, or a physical landmark that identifies somewhere special.

Usual rules apply:-

Must be taken by you
Must be made on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Feel free to include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you wish.
One Entry per person

Entries in and submitted by the evening on the 15th Feb and the poll will go up shortly after for 3 days

Discussion thread can be found here

Last edited:
Seaside landmark. There are more than one of these giant ice-cream cones at Mablethorpe (Martin Parr even has a photo of one in his Life's a Beach book), and probably countless others around the country, but there's been one at the location this was taken my entire life.

Nikon F70
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF-D
Kodak Colorplus 200

FILM - At the seaside
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Pegasus sat on a Dudley traffic Island Known as Pegasus island Funnily enough ( sometimes called the winged Donkey) Panasonic C420-AF point and press ( In red) Colourplus 200 early summer 2018

PEGASUS.JPG

Last edited:
Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències, Valencia
Voigtlander Bessa L, 15mm Heliar Aspherical, Kodak Portra 400 rated at 200 ASA

33861582066_35cb67c028_b.jpg

An Edinburgh landmark, Waverley Staion has an unusual roof structure, and sits below the North Bridge where the buses are in the background. I was there to see the Ansel Adams exhibition in the City Art Centre on the RHS, and I think the building beyond that might still have been the grand offices of the Scotsman newspaper, subsequently a hotel. A memorable day out in 2008 captured on the Olympus mju11 and Ilford XP2, deved and scanned in Tesco for about £2. :)

Photo28_24A-copy-tp.jpg

Taken with Fuji disposable camera 2012.

Crimea and Indian Mutiny Memorial framed by the west end of Westminster Abbey.

Oops, sorry guys! Yep I was in the garden every daylight hour from when I got home at Friday lunch time. I ache on muscles I didn't even know I had, so I'm glad to be back at work today for the break :LOL:

I'll get the poll up now :)

Well done Simon, a photo that I think fitted the theme perfectly (the subject being both a geographical and technological landmark), and I think it's got that lovely late 50s - early 60s book or brochure type photo look to it too.

Cracking photo Simon, well deserved winner.

Back