• compulsivehrdr

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry for the delay folks but here is the latest New, Old Film Challenge. Dig deep to find any shots taken through a window, any window, old, new glazed or open to the elements.

As usual the following rules apply.

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
One Entry per person

Entries will close 23:59 Wednesday 28th August and voting will be open for 3 days after that.

Entries only in this thread. Discussion in the discussion new composite discussion thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/ rather than this Entries thread, please.

Konica C35 Centuria Asa200. OOD at least ten years.

London eye view

Stay inside, the crazies are on the streets. :eek::D

Gawping by Andy, on Flickr

Nikon F801, Nikon 35-70mm lens on Vista 400 at the Black Country Living Museum

It's been a long time since i posted here. It's been a long time since i shot film with any real conviction too. But I spent a week in and around the Carnforth area a few weeks ago, so took my F100 and a Olympus MJU III with me.
This was shot with the F100 - Ilford XP2. Never used XP2 before,but i really liked the results.

Nikon F100 - Ilford XP2 by Dave Gilbert, on Flickr

Last edited:
@Andysnap getting in the way, as usual! ;):LOL:
Watermouth Bay, Devon. Contax 139Q

29065467738_7155fee504_c.jpg

Watermouth-Bay-2 by Janet

Sometimes it's the story rather than the quality that makes a shot. In this case, it had better be so, as the shot itself is pretty rubbish! However, this was taken at dawn on 15th August 1971, in a Boeing 707 [*] between Darwin and Melbourne, flying into Australia for the start of my 2 year contract that turned into a 20+ year stay. It was the 24th shot on the first roll (Kodacolor X) through my first ever SLR, a Pentax Spotmatic bought on my 3-day stopover in Singapore. At this point of course, I'd not seen any of the photos taken with that camera.

CN71D24 Oz arrival.jpg

* For those not quite so old, flying long distance with a 707 was not quite the same as on a modern jumbo or other modern long distance plane. For a start, it wasn't very good at taking off, seeming to spend forever glued to the runway. Despite giving myself a serious talking to before each takeoff, every time I remember getting to the point where I was certain it wasn't going to unstick, we were all going to die! Secondly, it wasn't really a long distance plane its range was actually quite short. So, my flight to Australia went something like London, Rome, somewhere Middle East, Bombay (as it then was, now Mumbai), Calcutta (now Kolkatta), Singapore, Darwin, Melbourne, then domestic on to Adelaide. All told, excluding my stopover, around 40 hours. So seeing dawn over Australia was definitely a thing!

There was also a bit of excitement I could have done without. I don't remember whether this was Singapore or Calcutta, but we were in a line for security before boarding, watched over for some reason by an Indian soldier with a sub-machine gun. Then about 4 or 5 places ahead of me there was a big commotion, and suddenly that soldier wasn't lounging around, he was pointing his weapon at us. It became clear there was a big American guy in the line, and he was trying to board with a hand gun. He was yelling that he was American and he had a constituional right to bear arms or some such codswallop. And no, he wouldn't give them his gun, no way nohow sir. This soon became a standoff, only solved when they got the First Officer from the plane to come and calm the fellow down. He had a lockable box that he persuaded the fellow to put his gun in, signed for it, and promised to deliver it back to him personally on arrival in Australia. Once the adrenaline had worn off a bit, we could have a bit of a chuckle at what Australian Immigration would think of an over-entitled Yank wanting to import his gun! But it was definitely not what I wanted in the middle of the night in a very long voyage.

I could probably come up with a few more yarns indirectly related to this dreadful (but meaningful) pic, but I don't suppose they'd persuade you to vote for it, either!

Last edited:
It's the late '70's, it's probably Agfa slide film, Zenith B, Paragon 35mm f/2.8 preset lens, and me looking much, much hairier. And something blobbed on the slide, it wasn't me throwing up Pernod & Blackcurrant on this occasion...

ali lookin frankly gormless out of his window at billing-2.jpg

Poll added folks, vote away.

@-Oy-

Well done Dave a very interesting and soul-ful ;) shot. Over to you to pick the next one.

What? Me? YAY!!!!!

Excellent shot, Oy, a standout from the start.

And I was staggered that a full two of you fell for my sob story liked my shot!

Back