New old film challenge #141 - In Memorium -RESULTS

Assuming I've got this right (!) voting is now open. You have three votes.

• Simon ess

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Peter B

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Stegosaurus

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Andysnap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dmb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NickT

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Mr Badger

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Kevin Allen

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • FishyFish

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Peter Spencer

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Chris R

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Raglan Surf

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit My Images
Yes
I like rooting about in old churchyards, but anything that remembers our dear departed is welcome.

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
One entry per person

Entries close at 23:59 on Friday 24th December, and voting will be for a few days after.

This thread is for photo entries only; discussion to be kept in the discussion thread here

Last edited:
In Memorium, the late Dr David Bellamy, who was my tutor when I was studying Botany at Durham University,

High Cup Nick with Dr David Bellamy

by David M Bloor, on Flickr

Taken using Zenith E on FP4 at 250 dev'd in Promicrol on a social Botany Dept. field trip along part of the Pennine Way from Langdon Beck via Falcon Clints, Cow Green Reservoir and High Cup Nick to Appleby-in-Westmoreland in November 1975

Last edited:
St Luke's, Leece St, Liverpool. This church, burnt out in the May Blitz, stands as a memorial to Liverpool's war dead. The sculpture commemorates the Christmas truce during WW1.

StLukesMinoxTest.jpg

Minox B on Minopan, developed in ID-11.

Having owned this camera for many years, and never using it, I thought it was about time I sold it after testing it. It worked well and I think the e-bay buyer would have been pleased with it. No doubt he will use it once, decide it's completely impractical and sell it on. It was great camera for spies 50 years ago.

Last edited:
We shall remember them. Canon EOS 30, 40mm lens, Kodak T-Max 400.

30795545287_37b2abc16d_h.jpg

OK, so I let this one fall off the radar so apologies for my tardiness. Anyway, it looks like a dead heat (again) between Peter Spencer and Raglan Surf so over to you guys to decide who goes next. Since this is twice in a row this has happened, I wonder if I could propose that the person who sets the challenge votes last, with the directive that they should vote for one or other of any competitors that are neck and neck?

OK, so I let this one fall off the radar so apologies for my tardiness. Anyway, it looks like a dead heat (again) between Peter Spencer and Raglan Surf so over to you guys to decide who goes next. Since this is twice in a row this has happened, I wonder if I could propose that the person who sets the challenge votes last, with the directive that they should vote for one or other of any competitors that are neck and neck?

That's a good idea. Perhaps worth mentioning in the discussion thread.

Happy to let Peter Spencer pick the next theme.

Also I’m not sure the occasional tie is a great problem, we’ve always sorted these out by one tog giving way or by fisticuffs, either works for me

Last edited:
Well done to the winners. (y)

I distinctly remember an Oatcake vs ferret duel at one point.

Pha! Fancy bringing oatcakes to a duel!

For the uninitiated, Simon lives very slightly further south than I do... southern softy, oatcakes indeed! ;)

Well done to the winners. (y)

Pha! Fancy bringing oatcakes to a duel!

For the uninitiated, Simon lives very slightly further south than I do... southern softy, oatcakes indeed! ;)
Don't diss the oatcakes of my youth. To quote a local poet.

Oatcake Man:

He’s half man
Half Oatcake
Eager to please
If you give him some cheese
Sausages for arms
You’ll fall for his charms

Bacon for legs
He’ll soak up yer eggs,

He’ll take a knife
To save your life
Coz he’s Oatcake man
Like Superman
But without the soup.

I had the distinct advantage of being able to keep more oatcakes than ferrets down my trousers.

And they taste better with cheese too.
:puke: Oatcakes... Having to eat those is just a salutary reminder that you that you should have worked harder at school! ;)

Last edited:
Now if it were Spam fritters Vs ferrets then that would be a proper duel! (y)

RaglanSurf, I'll be happy to select the next topic which I will do today. I actually had one sussed out when I realised there could be a tie, however my memory being what it is I've totally forgotten.

RaglanSurf, I'll be happy to select the next topic which I will do today. I actually had one sussed out when I realised there could be a tie, however my memory being what it is I've totally forgotten.
Thats all too familiar :LOL:

Somewhat ironic, considering the 'in memorium' title! :giggle:

Back