Edit My Images
No
To contrast the previous challenge

Show us an old picture of something or someone singular

Usual Rules

• Must be taken by you
  • Must be on film
  • Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
  • Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
  • One entry per person
Entries close on Friday 19th of February , and voting will be for about 3 days after.

This thread is for photo entries only; discussion to be kept in the discussion thread here <-

Single mate outside Single Malt distillery which we singularly failed to visit and sample the product. :jawdrop: :facepalm: I'd put this about 1986 or 7 when me and my (still single) mate went for a long cycling weekend on Islay, including this day trip to Jura. Space was tight as we had camping gear on the bikes, so I'm guessing the Kodak p&s I used at work and whatever print film was on the go at the time.

2018-03-31-0010-copy.jpg-tp.jpg

Malcolm, in his room in Hall, Imperial 1968...

CB67A06A Malcolm helmet.jpg

I suspect he's reading Feynman's Lectures in Physics... why the rest of the getup, I have no longer any idea!

Werra 1, Tessar 50/2.8, Kodak Plus-X. My first film through the Werra. Guessed exposure...

The singular photograph I took inside the Harlequin Centre in Watford before a security guard told me off and asked me to desist. Argus C4, film marked D100, so long ago (2000 approx.) I can't imagine what film stock it might be, might it be Ilford Delta 100?
Harlequin2.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting for some and should fit the theme:- Partner of Martin-Baker (ejection seats), Capt Valentine Henry Baker was killed testing the company's fighter aircraft MB3 and it is said his partner James Martin was so affected by his death, he concentrated on designing ejection seats.
CEVmrbv.jpg

The singular flip flop, or just a flip really. Happisburgh beach, taken on a disposable camera for the IBTL Challenge in 2015.

Just one foot?
by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Attachments

• D08A7271-BE2F-4387-9536-E44C9737755E.jpeg
    D08A7271-BE2F-4387-9536-E44C9737755E.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well done Simon. I have to ask about that photo; did Andy finally crack and agree to get the next round in? :D

Those F&C meet ups can be pretty brutal! ;)

Last edited:
Well done Simon. I have to ask about that photo; did Andy finally crack and agree to get the next round in? :D

Never....how dare you

I remember I'd taken this picture the day before and thought it would be better with someone sat in the chair.
img365 by Simon, on Flickr

Andy just happened to stroll past at the right time. I also remember he was very hung over, hence the vacant stillness.

I remember I'd taken this picture the day before and thought it would be better with someone sat in the chair.
img365 by Simon, on Flickr

Andy just happened to stroll past at the right time. I also remember he was very hung over, hence the vacant stillness.

This is true, not as hungover as @stevelmx5 though. :)

Well, I was partially right... I knew drink was bound to have something to do with it somehow! :giggle:

Back