Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Show us an old photo of a hero, or someone or something heroic

Usual Rules

• Must be taken by you
  • Must be on film
  • Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
  • Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
  • One entry per person
Entries close on Tuesday 2nd. March , and voting will be for about 3 days after.

This thread is for photo entries only; discussion to be kept in the discussion thread here <-

The late Brain Haw

BrianHaw6by4.jpg

Parliament Square, Canon A1, Tri-X, July 2010

He didn't walk round his garden, get knighted or awarded fly-past. He just camped out on the pavement for several years and got arrested a few times. He's not a dog, a comedian or a civil rights champion. Hardly a hero at all, really.

Cowling_007_JPEG5.jpg

An obvious, rather hackneyed choice, but here is my dad in his late 80's. Taught me about photography and stuff, like geology. Bought me an air rifle for Christmas once and even showed me how to make IED's from weed killer. Star athlete at Keighley Grammar School, trained as a machine gunner, Fairy Swordfish and the like, Fleet Air Arm pilot with Supermarine Spitfire experience, carrier deck landing qualified. Fortunately, for our family he never saw combat despite being in the RN Reserve at the time of the Korean War, he went back to university to read Geology after being discharged.

Taken with a Super Ricohflex on Fujichrome RHPIII, screwed up a bit with the choice of lens hood!

In line with the almost dominant heroic statue theme I was going to post a picture of the statue of Laplace because, despite being at least 200 years my elder actually grasped mathematical abstractions. Could I find the photograph?

Backdrop, Lund's Tower, near Cowling.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the new theme, should be a tricky one as it it being set by dmb.

Back