• Mr Badger - Test failed!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmb

Edit My Images
No
Show us a 'Test Shot'.

I was out in my garden this morning with a short roll of film in a Contax 137 MD I have been doing some work on. In normal times I would have been out, within a reasonable car journey, to one of several places I usually take any new(ish) camera, film or lens to take some test shots of scenes I know well. That way I can compare results, sometimes they even work. So what test shot would you like to share, even if it has faults?

Usual Rules

• Must be taken by you
  • Must be on film
  • Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
  • Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
  • One entry per person
Entries close on Sunday 14th. March , and voting will be for about 3 days after.

This thread is for photo entries only; discussion to be kept in the discussion thread here <-

Last edited:
Yashica FX-2, Yashica DSB 50mm f 1.9 on Fuji Superia 200. I'm not 100% sure it was the first shot but it was definitely near the beginning of the first roll.

Tracks-in-the-snow by Andy, on Flickr

This was a test of shooting of 5x7 Ilford Multigrade V paper as film to produce a paper negative, which was then scanned on an Epson V700. I used the halfplate back on a wholeplate Kodak camera for the full "olde worlde" experience last June. Developed by inspection under a safelight, the contrast was fairly fierce and I haven't tried it again. Location is the Lifeboat station under the Kessock Bridge.

img329-copy-adj-tp.jpg

...and now for a :eek: o_Oand a case for using a digi for test shots:-
First test with a Canon FD 200mm and a cock up with exposure, corrected in Photoshop and it's just an unsharp pic......later bought a 300mm lens and using a 2xs extender and still can't get a sharp shot, the annoying moon is moving so fast the shutter speed needs to be about 1/125 sec with a fast B\W film .
ha73Isg.jpg

Got an RSS 6x17 pinhole camera for my 2020 Easter holiday (which never happened of course).
First test shot, should have set the frame counter to frame 3 and forgot. Therefore two overlapping panoramic pictures. Ilford X2 Super. Not sure about the exposure time but I metered for f22 and then used my home-made reciprocity chart that was also under test to adjust for f233. See chart below.

1545_001 copy.jpg

The picture quality out of the camera is pretty good for a pinhole. Doesn't show here because I had to scale it down and increase compression.

Pinhole camera exposure times
f number: 233
Exposure factor for f number 22: 112.2 x

Including reciprocity factor for film: Ilford XP2 Super 400

Time
for f 22 for f233

1/1000 1/8
1/500 1/4
1/250 1/2
1/125 1 s
1/60 4 s
1/30 9 s
1/15 21 s
1/8 49 s
1/4 2 m
1/2 7 m
1 s 26 m
2 s 2 h
4 s 6 h
8 s 24 h

Closed to entries, poll will be up when we wake up.

Last edited:
Back