• FishyFish - Light on Water

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Peter B - Loch Ness

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit My Images
No
The theme for this old film challenge is: Into the Light Please feel free to interpret this in any appropriate way that you like.

As usual the following rules apply:

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date

Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person

Entries will close at 7.00 pm Friday 27th August and voting will be open for 3 days after that.

Entries only in this thread please, discussion thread is here

Desolute view of Bolton around 1970. Zenit B with borrowed CarlZeiss Jena 25mm Flektogon f4, possibly Ilford HP4.
crookst_JPEG5.jpg
This is the former site of Great Moor Street station, which was elevated, and streets full of small workshops. The factory in the background is Hick, Hargreaves Soho Ironworks dating from the 1830s. At the time I was working in the drawing office and the factory employed about 700 people making equipment for power stations, oil refineries and chemical plants, even spare parts for industrial steam engines. There is a Sainsbury's on the site now. Luckily the pub, The Sweet Green Tavern, between the church and the factory is still standing and open for business.

Thanks Nick, and thanks for all who voted for me as there were some great captures in this challenge. I'll get the next topic up tomorrow evening at the latest.

Back