New old film challenge #233 - Sport

Please vote for your three favourites for the theme.

• PeterSpencer - Subbuteo

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • FishyFish - Football houses

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • ChrisR - Cricket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PeterB - Tug-of-war

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • RaglanSurf - Over the fences

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • dmb - Mixed rugby

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • excalibur2 _ Clay pigeon shooting

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Post your shots of anything related to "Sport" (any type of sport, or any other meaning of the word). Shoehorning is encouraged! Especially think about alternative sports.

As usual the following rules apply:

- Must be taken by you
- Must be on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.
- Discussion in the discussion thread (link below) rather than this Entries thread, please.

Please include details of the camera, lens, film etc and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person only.

Entries close at midnight on Saturday 18th April 2024 (or thereabouts), to be followed by the poll which will run for 3 days.

Please keep all discussion and comments in the "new old film discussion thread" https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/page-19

South Australian country cricket, 1972... Pretty sure the pitch is asphalt!

CS72B05_Adj Cricket.jpg

Kodachrome in my Pentax Spotmatic, probably one of the Takumar 55/1.8 variants.

The ancient Highland sport of "Get your man out of the pub" on Assynt Games Day, probably mid 80s and definitely the Konica FC-1 with 50mm lens.

2018-09-19-0010-copy-tp.jpg

Taken in November 1975 with a Zenith E on FP4 exposed at 250 ASA and developed in Promicrol, according to my negative log. Sadly only had a print to scan as most of my negatives up to 1980 were lost when a school caretaker threw them away. This mixed rugby match was between my fellow first year Biology students at Durham University.

MixedRugbyNov75.jpg

Last edited:
Clay pigeon practice or training people to use a shotgun, I used a Kiron 80-200mm and a slight blowup to see more from a distance.
Canon T70

MKjcOee.jpg

Polling has opened. I'll close voting on Monday evening if that is OK with everyone.

All done!

Over the Fences' at the post by a length!
'Tug-of-War' a close second!
Followed by 'Mixed Rugby' in third place!

Congratulations to trainer RaglanSurf.

Back