New Old Film Challenge 61 - STATUES - Entries POLL ADDED

Vote Here

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, the new old film challenge theme is statues.

I know we have had monuments before but this time I'm looking for proper statues of people, the more unusual the better.

Rules, as usual:
◦ Must be a photograph taken by you
◦ Must be on film
◦ Must have been taken (and devved and scanned) prior to the start date
◦ Please tell us about the camera and film etc, and a small description of the photo.

Closing date is 11th April at midnight, and I'll get a poll up for a few days after that.

Entries only in here please.

Last edited:
And if you don't know who this is.... well you just should :D

Eric by Andy, on Flickr

Voigtlander Bessamatic and Color-Skopar 35mm lens on Fuji Acros 100.

Marx and Engels, Unter den Linden , Berlin
Nikon F100, Cosina 19-35mm, Kodacolor 200
17015993060_96afcab2d9_b.jpg

Jaume Plensa at Yorkshire Sculpture Park by The Big Yin, on Flickr

"The Heart Of Trees" 2007

"The Heart of Trees" consists of several seated self-portraits of the artist, cast in bronze, with his arms and legs wrapped around living trees. The artist's hope is that the trunks of the trees will eventually grow into the figures so each truly exists as one.

For Plensa, the body becomes a vessel for information, a surface on which to record words. The figures are inscribed with names of composers, such as Edward Elgar, Béla Bartók, and George Gershwin. By naming particular composers, the viewer's own memories of hearing songs are brought into the experience of the work, providing an interactive dimension to the sculptures, which are placed in a new context each time they are displayed.

Shot with my Bronica ETRSi on Kodak E100VS film, developed in Tetenal E6 Chemistry, and scanned on a Canoscan 8800F with Silverfast SE software.

This was taken in October 2014, about 6 months after I bought my first film camera. Nice to be able to enter a photo that's more than a couple months old for a change :D

Mamiya C220 with 80mm f/2.8. PanF developed in Ilfosol 3. 8 seconds at f/8.

Stourhead
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

The River God statue, in the Grotto cave at Stourhead Gardens in Wiltshire. The source of the River Stour has been engineered so that it flows from the urn in the statues left hand.

Known as "The Golden Boys" because of the colour, or (apparently) "The carpet salesmen" (!), this statue in the centre of Birmingham shows Matthew Boulton, James Watt and William Murdoch examining a plan of a steam engine.

R2-04674-0019 by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax MX, 24mm f/2.8 M lens, Tri-X.

Ah, yes, well... yet again another deadline passes without me noticing. :whistle:

Well done to Messers Yin and Surf. Over to yous guys to pick the new theme.

@TheBigYin Happy if you want to pick the next theme, I'm a bit idea'd out.

Well done, great photos. AND I got 2 votes! Result!

Excellent set of entries and worthy winners! Well done both.

sorry for the delay in responding guys... been dipping in here and there on the mobile, but only to do "mod work" as needed - haven't had chance to post a proper reply in here.

Well - what can I say... after all the times I've entered competitions on here, either in F&C or the POTY, this is only the second time I've hit the top spot (and, strangely enough, I shared first place the other time as well... maybe 2 half-first places make a whole one, who knows!) - but this one means more to me than the other did (mainly because some cock started complaining that I'd broken some rule or other, that wasn't even a rule that year... but I digress.) because it's from you guys.

Thing Is, I don't think I've taken a photograph (other than a few record shots on the phone, and some cycling sports shots on the digital) in years, last roll of film was in the Bronica back in november 2015, and before that a test roll with the Holga back in april 2015. But I keep coming back here, and still consider F&C to be "my" bit of the forum. And it's challenges like this one that keep me coming back here...

Anyway...

Less blathering on - I've got an idea for another subject seeing as Nick @RaglanSurf has asked me to go for it... I'll give it a final coat of thinking about while I finish my morning Espresso, then get something posted...

Back