New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

Yes. Yes I did. :)
Just a heads up and for future reference the polls for the “New Old Film Challenges” only need to run for 3 days.

This may turn out to be a very dangerous challenge. :)

Well I don't seem to have any shots of old flames and if I did, my wife would have destroyed them anyway.
Might have a shot of a lit candle or bonfire or whatever......well it would be old if taken many years ago o_O:D

Well I don't seem to have any shots of old flames and if I did, my wife would have destroyed them anyway.
Might have a shot of a lit candle or bonfire or whatever......well it would be old if taken many years ago o_O:D

Shoehorns are always acceptable.

I assume that a photobooth shot is pushing the limits here, even if I put the money in and pushed the button? :p;):exit:
Well it would not have been digital, just direct positive/reversal paper - if you directed the shot and pressed the button I'd not call foul.

I assume that a photobooth shot is pushing the limits here, even if I put the money in and pushed the button? :p;):exit:
It’s embracing the f&c ethos and should be encouraged:)

I don't have any "old flame" pics as I've been with Angi for twice as long as I've been using film cameras! I don't think I've even got a picture of an actual fire/flame. Might have to break out the mother of all shoehorns later and see how creative I can get :D

Doesn't have to be old as in a long time ago. Could just be someone with a few years on the clock :)

@RaglanSurf likes living dangerously - did she smile when she handbagged you?
It's my belief that she had never smiled in her life and her choice of t-shirt was purely ironic.

only three sets of votes so far ! Is this an early sign of voter fatigue (Oh, wait, that is for the GE)?

Well I've always said any challenge should be longer as this one was started on the 8th Nov and voting 15th Nov...the new challenge would be to find a new theme for a challenge :D

Although time, within the hallowed walls of F&C, is fluid, the timings for the new old film challenges should aim to be, 7 days for entry 3 days for voting.
It’s just a matter of digging something out of the old snaps shoe box or trawling your hard drives, if it takes longer than that it’s probably too much effort.

Although time, within the hallowed walls of F&C, is fluid, the timings for the new old film challenges should aim to be, 7 days for entry 3 days for voting.
It’s just a matter of digging something out of the old snaps shoe box or trawling your hard drives, if it takes longer than that it’s probably too much effort.

Well some here are retired and would guess many here have a life outside F&C and haven't the time to go through, maybe up to, a thousand old negs in a week at the time the challenge is open....just saying.
I haven''t checked but is it the same old "faces" entering each time and where are all others that visit F&C and why don't they enter?

Finally had something I can enter, thought "yay", then looked at what was posted next.

:coat:

Finally had something I can enter, thought "yay", then looked at what was posted next.

:coat:
I'll take The Balvenie over something in a decanter every time. Though to meet the Highland definition of a gentleman you have to throw the cork away if opening in company.

I'll take The Balvenie over something in a decanter every time. Though to meet the Highland definition of a gentleman you have to throw the cork away if opening in company.

So would I, it was tea in the decanter! :)

I wondered as it had no 'legs' aka 'tears' aka 'cathedral windows' - these are vertical patterns that alcoholic drinks form on the inside of a glass caused by changes in surface tension as alcohol evaporates - known as the Marangoni effect

It was a shot for last years (f)poty and it was either tea or one my single malts, I wasn't going to go the supermarket to buy cooking whisky for a shot, but yeah that is the kind of detail I forget about but would add to the photo. Maybe I should have added some methylated spirit to give it some legs.

@excalibur2 Im pretty sure you’ve got a shot suitable for the current challenge, my irises have only just recently returned to their normal size.

Back