New Old Film Challenge - No 85 - THE CASTLE - Entry Thread

Pick Your fave 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the entry thread for the next installment of the New Old Film Challenge. The theme this time is 'The Castle'

Castles, Keeps, Old or New - wield the shoehorn as you see fit!

Standard rules as always:

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance
One Entry per person
As always, f&c shoehorning is positively encouraged.

I'm leaving this open a little longer than normal as I'm away next week so,

Closing date is midnight on Sunday 10th June 2018

Hever castle, Kent.

Hasselblad 500 C/M 60mm lens and Velvia 100f.

Last edited:
Not quite a castle but at least it looks Castleley ( new word invented by me) Praktica B100 Kodak colour plus 200 late 2017 ( EDIT, now I've looked back through the diary it is a castle , Croft Castle !)

CASTLE.JPG

Last edited:
Bardowie Castle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardowie_Castle isn't the fanciest of castles, but it's special because I once lived there :). Unfortunately it was during the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981–82_United_Kingdom_cold_wave when we rented the top floor of the "mansion" on the left, while the nearer part of the building is the actual castle. There is a loch in front of it and the ice was so thick you could drive a car on it, so very mixed memories. It's a scan of a print and I've no idea what camera it would have been, but guessing either the Oly Trip or my Praktica PLC2.

2018-05-31-0001-copy-tp.jpg

Well I have no idea how this slide got into this state but hey it adds to the character of an old film shot taken over 50 years ago.o_O Tried to reduce the contrast in Photoshop but some colours start to fade and don't look natural. I think I've posted this years ago and at the time IIRC some one said "it's the wrong way round"?
Pentax S3 probably 50mm lens
SXti5h4.jpg

I've probably shown this before. This is a shot I would really like to take again, but do it better. It's Tantallon Castle on the cliffs of East Lothian, east of North Berwick, taken from the (almost inaccessible) cove just to the west. Tide has to be in the right place to climb round the rocks to here!

025 by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax ME, Pentax M 50/1.7, Velvia 100, processed by Genie

It's only 2 days, c'mon! in f&c that's positively on time!

I think mr snap is just making a point so he can brag about being too busy being on holiday, again :rolleyes:

I think mr snap is just making a point so he can brag about being too busy being on holiday, again :rolleyes:

Wow, the phrase 'Hello Pot it's Kettle here... you're black' springs to mind, you have more foreign holidays than the Pope. :D:D:D

And thar she blows.....vote away folks.(y)

Wow, the phrase 'Hello Pot it's Kettle here... you're black' springs to mind, you have more foreign holidays than the Pope. :D:D:D

upload_2018-6-12_18-52-50.png.................................................... 10 paces......................................................upload_2018-6-12_18-53-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-12_18-52-23.png
    upload_2018-6-12_18-52-23.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 3
A very few choices boil down to this, Fort La Latte, scene of the showdown between Kirk Douglas and Tony Kurtis at the climax of The Vikings, maybe a Lubitel or Seagull camera using Kodak CP 100 6094 film, whatever that is.N135_006.jpg .
Scanned in PS using Epson v700, probably.

I'll post the short listed pictures in another thread.

That's great castle shot Peter, unfortunately you've missed the entry date to get in the voting.

Keep a look out on the forum, there'll be another new/old film challenge very soon.

@RaglanSurf Well done Nick, and of course everyone else, over to you buddy, pick something fun. (y)

Thanks folks, thinking cap on

Back